Gta Iv

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gta Iv

Yeah, I know it's about as in tune with the TG style of play as chocolate is to teapots, but who here will be getting it?

I know I will, in fact there's a guy on my friends list who's playing it right now. Lucky devil he is too. Although apparently all the achievements are locked out until Tuesday anyway. Even when you get them in game they won't appear on your tag and you'll have to start again on Tuesday apparently...

I'm getting real excited at the prospect of playing this game.
    No sig to see here...

Re: Gta Iv

A couple of my friends are all ready playing it and they have a couple of achievements, Ill probably be getting it since most of my friends will get it
    |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

Considering every rating I have seen has been a 10/10 for this game I will be getting it.

Here is a good quote that sums it up from IGN.com

A "10" is not a score we give out very often. In fact, the last time we gave a 10 to a console game was Soul Calibur in 1999. A 10 doesn't mean a game is perfect -- it means a game is pushing boundaries, expanding a genre, and doing many things to a level so far above and beyond its competitors that they overshadows any flaws.
      Can't wait to play it!

Comment

I have had this game pre-ordered for nearly a year now, knowing full well that it would be great. Now all of these reviews are only confirming this for me.

This is the only game I have truly been psyched about in years.
        Focused

Comment

Damn, i wonder how many copies its about to sell..
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I have never been a fan of this series, not because it was a bad game but because of the theme...stealing cars, beating people down, raping hookers, killing cops etc etc... (not that I don't think it should of been made, I do...for adult gamers only)...

But when I heard about GTA4's MP...15 modes, some co-op, some adversarial, and one open world where you and your friends online can go anywhere and do anything...race cars, motorcycles, helicopters...anything... I was impressed...

Especially like the cops and robbers... when I saw a video of gameplay where 3 cops were in a vehicle pursuit of a white SUV with 3 bad guys in it...then the SUV wreaked and the cops and the robbers had a street shootout with cover and fire and movement (Gears of War type combat system), I had to have it...and pre-ordered it... so I will be enjoying some modes of this game myself...

Probably won't do the SP story...but MP looks GREAT.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
              I have never been a fan of this series, not because it was a bad game but because of the theme...stealing cars, beating people down, raping hookers, killing cops etc etc... (not that I don't think it should of been made, I do...for adult gamers only)...

But when I heard about GTA4's MP...15 modes, some co-op, some adversarial, and one open world where you and your friends online can go anywhere and do anything...race cars, motorcycles, helicopters...anything... I was impressed...

Especially like the cops and robbers... when I saw a video of gameplay where 3 cops were in a vehicle pursuit of a white SUV with 3 bad guys in it...then the SUV wreaked and the cops and the robbers had a street shootout with cover and fire and movement (Gears of War type combat system), I had to have it...and pre-ordered it... so I will be enjoying some modes of this game myself...

Probably won't do the SP story...but MP looks GREAT.

Ah yea your a cop arent you? lol.. Could see why you wouldnt be too enthralled by the game..
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Never played the series to any extent but have heard they are excellent. I watched the video review on IGN last night. I may pick this one up. The single and MP sounds fantastic.
                |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                - Check me out on The Onion
                - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Went and put down the rest of the money for my reserved copy today. Gamestop is doing a Midnight launch Monday night. I'll be there.

Comment

I'm getting it Midnight release for 360 for sure.
                    Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

Hey boys with any luck I'll be getting a 360 this weekend and maybe GTA IV if anyone else picks it up and I'n not past out from the sheer beauty of the game ill have a quick go online with you.

Comment

well lets get the names rolling to beef up our buddy list.

please add me,

xbox = Bananajuice

send invites

x-fire = bananajuice

Comment

ill give mine to u this weekend ... most likely Rondo or Rondelet

Comment

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/933037.asp

Comment

The gamestop by me has a demo of it on the in-store console that I took a crack at and it is fantastic. Graphics are about a 8.5/10 (few too many spit-and-polish things for my taste, but then again, nothing short of ILM-quality CGI is ever going to impress me), but the gameplay is flawless. No graphical glitches like the older games, reasonably good AI, the random people on the street are actually random (meaning theres not 10000 of the same person walking around a la GTA III or SA), you can take cover behind ANYTHING, you can fly helicopters, the RPG shots actually spiral realistically, etc, etc. It's very cool. I can see why IGN gave it a 10.

Also, the multiplayer is supposed to be ridiculously cool. Unlike most other games where you can only play on certain maps or sections of the game in multiplayer, in GTA IV, you can have up to 16 people playing the entire game, meaning you can go anywhere in the game you want, do anything you want, run all of the missions, etc. It's literally a full game multiplayer. If it actually works out relatively lag-free, this could be a very cool development.

I'm grabbing my copy at midnight. Wont be playing multiplayer for a couple days cause I'd like to play through the storyline some, but i'll be on there eventually. I do share a gamertag with my brother though, so if any of you plan on sending me a friend request, attach a not with your TG name so I know who you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X