GRID demo (screens and video)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRID demo (screens and video)

I've really been watching this title... I know Race Driver from CodeMasters was not regarded well in the racing game community, but they promised realism and detail in this new follow up title... I only did one race, with ALOT of crashing... I like alot of what I saw, heard, and felt... but IMO, 1st impressions... at least too me the driving seemed faster and more chaotic then real racing. (thou I have never been a professional racer, I have race 2 Mustangs on our local homegrown tracks...so I know how a Mustang feels and handles, I've had 4 of them... but by no means a racing expert.)

I'm hoping it was just my newness to the game... I hope the driving becomes more of a true, nature feeling, like FM2 is to me. (IMO, FM2 is the closest "feeling" racer ever made.)

Also, GRID is suppose to have in cockpit driving, but I couldn't find out how... maybe not in the demo... anyway...the demo is out today on XBL and PS3. (PC version delayed...what else is new, PC always gets sloppy seconds now-a-days).

The demo is SP (3 races) and I think XBL MP...so if you download the demo, hook up with me:

3 Races included:

I love how you set up the profile, you get a list of 1000's of names and the spotter calls you by name...cool:

and we're off:

and I'm damaged:

and I'm out:

The damage model is cool as hell, but maybe a little over the top...well if you drive and wreak alot, in real life, your probably not going to be asked to race again. This is a game thou, so crashing happens, alot.

When you taken out due to damage, you can re-start...unless your playing in the hardest settings.

Look at that speed and force of impact... I would be dead wouldn't I?

Need more time with the demo...alot of cool features, but the driving just don't seem to be there...yet, IMO:

Here's a video of the replay...

http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/vid...01st%20Run.wmv

http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/vid...20&%20Burn.wmv

If you download the demo, message me via XBL for a test race.
    Last edited by Magnum50; 05-08-2008, 11:12 AM. Reason: added another video
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: GRID demo (screens and video)

Ya, above is my preferred style of racing...but to be fair...here is the other two races...

Germany...BMW...

Don't like this style of racing at all, but anyway...

Japan... Nissian...

The end...
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

for my German brothers and sisters... Germany...

http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/vid...%20Germany.wmv

It's fun, and great in MP... but to fast and crashy, not a "sim" but a game.
      JMO
      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Looks like a nice racer. Codemasters know their stuff.

Comment

LOL Magnum... you are a menace on the track!!
          Dizlor

Comment

hey it was the first run... already alot better now.... more play revealed that this title is more action then sim, which is sad for me...really looking for a good "sim style" racing game...FM2 still has that title for the 360. IMO.

Still Grid is alot of fun with friends.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
              hey it was the first run... already alot better now.... more play revealed that this title is more action then sim, which is sad for me...really looking for a good "sim style" racing game...FM2 still has that title for the 360. IMO.

Still Grid is alot of fun with friends.
              Do you have a ps3 as well ? If you do, GT5 might be right up your alley. Ive always been pretty let down with the 1st person cockpit views of just about every other racing game Ive ever played... but GT5's looks like pretty good. *apologies if this is construed as hijacking your GRID thread with GT5 talk ;)
              Dizlor

Comment

not at all, not like many reply anyway... lol...

No PS3...yet...but been thinking about it. ;)
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

This looks like a very good racer.....I didn't get Dirt, but I'd like a rally sim that looks this good.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Dirt was great i thought, never being in a real dune buggy, so what would I know...problem was the MP... you race by yourself for time (like they really do), in GRID theres a 12 man MP race and it gets fun. ;)
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                      Dirt was great i thought, never being in a real dune buggy, so what would I know...problem was the MP... you race by yourself for time (like they really do), in GRID theres a 12 man MP race and it gets fun. ;)
                      Alas, that is the one drawback to a true rally game. In fact I think that is the biggest knock against rally racing as a whole, racing against the clock is no where near as exciting as seeing a pack of cars charge for a turn. You would think that since it is a video game world, they could forget about the usual rally setup and allow a MP mode that involves a whole pack of cars or maybe a good stadium type truck simulator.
                      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Hey looks great thanks. I have also been watching this one since GI had a write up on it. I did D/L last night, but I have yet to play. Where you playing with the wheel?

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

I have a wheel, but during those video clips i was using the game pad.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X