DBZ Boost Limit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBZ Boost Limit

I know this won't be popular with most you TGer oldies but I already bought it. Playable Demo on Live. It Seems like most the other Dragon ball games but this time my friends and I can play eachother and the world on LIVE! YES!

Re: DBZ Boost Limit

The problem I have with DBZ isn't the Intellectual Property itself. It's just that the whole gammut of those types of games (Naruto, etc) are just poorly coded and serve only to offer a visual medium to watch the show with some gameplay thrown in. I played the first (at least I think it was) DBZ game for Xbox because my roommate was a fan. I was treated to something poorly labeled as a "game," lacking any refined controls, an idiotic combination/fighting system, and supremely annoying voice acting.

As a person who hates DBZ with a passion, I might have looked past all that if the game was actually good. It wasn't.... by a fairly large margin.

On the converse side: I understand why fans put up with all that. I've been slogging through the Lucasarts trash bin for years. "Obi-Wan" for Xbox was a terrible game, but I still played through it because I'm a Star Wars fan whore. Fans of an IP will put up with loads more crap than those that either don't care or despise the IP.

That said, if the demo is on XBLive: I'll give it a shot. Hell, it can't be any worse then "Two Worlds" can it? CAN IT!?

Comment

Well despite what Fenix said which is mostly true - american or japanese they whore up the marketing place - i mean didn't you love Iron Man the video game! Anyway to finally have a fighting game on live other then Naruto (thats right i waste money on all the anime). Street fighter 4 where are you? Even better when is Marvel vs Capcom 3 coming out? Capcom needs to get on this right after release RE5!

Comment

or DC vs mortal kombat. that looks interesting
        |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

Originally posted by Sythos View Post
          or DC vs mortal kombat. that looks interesting
          I am not sure about this game yet. I used to love the MK series. I tried the Dbz demo out, I liked it. It ran smooth. It was fun.
          XBL= Teh Shrapnel
          Facebook= Teh Shrapnel
          Twitter= TehShrapnel
          Myspace= Teh SHrapnel

Comment

I completely forgot about this thread. I downloaded the demo and gave it a shot.

Pretty standard DBZ stuff. Lame voice acting, moderately decent use of cel shading. And I would guess this game follows the series.

Anyways, the combat system is pretty dated. Some of the "super combo" stuff won't work all of the time. I had my meter charged at a certain level, hit the special attack button and it wouldn't do the same move, if it did one at all.

Other than that, any game that has combos like ◄BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB (it's literally that long) just doesn't cut it in this day and age. It's a fan game and I couldn't see anyone else really getting into it. I found myself just mashing buttons and doing all-right, even though the computer would sometimes decide it didn't want me hitting it and would proceed to hit me with some 6,000 hit combo.

Comment

i'll pick this up down the road. I need to finish plenty of other games.
              XBL= Teh Shrapnel
              Facebook= Teh Shrapnel
              Twitter= TehShrapnel
              Myspace= Teh SHrapnel

Comment

This game is terrible compared to DBZ: Tenkaichi Budokai 3.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X