Anyone getting GRID?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone getting GRID?

I keep flip flopping on getting this game, but probably will for the fun factor... was hoping it would be more sim then arcade but it's not... but after watching this figure 8 race...man I could see where this would be alot of fun ...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34493.html

comes out Today BTW.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Anyone getting GRID?

I'm not sure what game is next for me on the 360. I just downloaded the TMNT The Original Arcade game and that was the most fun 400 Microsoft points I have ever spent. As far as a racing I too would like to see a more Sim game. My dream would be a sim stadium truck game.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I watched the vid this morning. It certainly looks cool!

I've been weaning myself off 360 games and buying more for the PS3 though. So that's a factor I need to consider as well.

When are you going to get a PS3, Magnum?
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

when there online community is as good as XBL, lol...

Seriously, I have thought about getting one, for 3 or 4 exclusive PS3 games... but then I remind myself... I don't have time to play what I have! lol

BTW picked up GRID today, working now... will be playing it tomorrow.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

i saw the video, looked great. i wanted to check out the demo before i purchase it.
          XBL= Teh Shrapnel
          Facebook= Teh Shrapnel
          Twitter= TehShrapnel
          Myspace= Teh SHrapnel

Comment

I've been playing the demo on the PS3 and I love this game. No demo on the 360 though. I wanted to compare the two before committing to buying it.

Comment

theres been a 360 demo for about a week now...

I got the PC version and 360 version...and love this game for a change of pace getaway... I got PC screens, 360 screens, and videos of both on my web site...

oh well...
              http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/new_screens.htm (bottom of page)

http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/xbox.htm

videos:
              http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/vid...Derby%2001.wmv

http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/vid...ght%20Race.wmv

BTW...try out the Civilization demo on the 360... a little too cartoony, but the gameplay is spot on great.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Already picked it up and played some last night. A good combination of arcade and simulation in the game. The racing is pretty intense I would say. The A.I. is the best I've seen in a racing game. Combines both PGR4 and Forza 2 ideas together. I haven't tried the demolition derby yet.
                XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Well I don't see much "simulation" in it, but it is a good game...

Took the replay, and sped it up while I frapped it... not that exciting, since I rarely crashed...but shows the 24 hour time frame from start to finish...

http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/vid...0Le%20Mans.wmv
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                    Well I don't see much "simulation" in it, but it is a good game...

Took the replay, and sped it up while I frapped it... not that exciting, since I rarely crashed...but shows the 24 hour time frame from start to finish...

http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/vid...0Le%20Mans.wmv
                    The only part in simulation I think is when you totaled your car playing online. I rarely totaled my car in single player.

Comment

Well after some time with it... I am enjoying it, but starting to see problems with the AI... here's a post I made in the official forum for the game...

Now I'm new to this forum, consoles, and racers...and I understand that GRID is NOT meant to be a simulation, and I can live with that... and I even think this is a GREAT game... but come on, if they wanted to make a bumper car game, then why not make a bumper car game...

The AI drivers in this game are so ridiculous, almost to the point that it's starting to ruin the game (for me)... and to go online is only worst, because most of you think this is a bumper car game too, lol...

I can understand going into a turn with 4 to 8 cars, there being incidences... but to be driving alone on a strait away, have an AI guy race up fast in your rear view, go for the pass, then slow to be right next to you...then to slam his car into yours is ridiculous.

To be going in on a turn clean to have the AI T bone you into the wall... ridiculous.

To be braking properly for a turn any to have the AI slam into your rear at full speed...ridiculous.

To have the AI get into more stuff right in front of you, just to create that excitment... rediculous.

point being, I love this game and will keep playing it... but the AI programming is just...well... rediculous... can you tune them up in a patch or something to make it more of a racer, abit arcade racer... not a bumper car game.

BTW...screens of GRID and videos on my site, www.gettacticaldammit.com. (along with other games), if intrested.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Did you get any response from that?

I've been playing the demo on the PS3 (the full game was sold out everywhere I looked this weekend) and basically have the same gripe. Fun game, but it feels more like a demolition derby than a racing game.

Comment

a couple of people agreeing, most saying they like it that way...makes it fun... what do you expect? lol

Think we have out burst and immaturity sometimes in our forum, should check out the official xbox forums...may god it's like 2nd grade in there...and no moderation activity at all. lol
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                            a couple of people agreeing, most saying they like it that way...makes it fun... what do you expect? lol

Think we have out burst and immaturity sometimes in our forum, should check out the official xbox forums...may god it's like 2nd grade in there...and no moderation activity at all. lol
                            I agree now. The A.I. is getting annoying playing the upper tier events, A.I. sending you into walls or hit your backend to send you into the wall or other cars.

Comment

Played the demo this morning'... can't say it's my cup of tea.

Beautiful sounds and graphics... impeccable detail I may add, but the game itself is just too "arcade" for me. I don't know, I think all my racing sim games have ruined me.

I tried. Beautiful game... everything about it is beautiful, even the crashes (the instant replay + high speed collision = Look out Burnout!) except that whole driving part, I just can't make sense of it. I don't exactly want another Forza 2 out of this game, but... I can't put my finger on it... the driving is just too bland for me to really enjoy.

Same way I felt about DiRT. Damnit, I want Richard Burns Rally 2!

:(
                              -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...