Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer games, what and why/why not you getting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer games, what and why/why not you getting?

OK, a little feedback discussion here on a few upcoming games for the summer... was wondering what you guys might be getting, and why or why not...any I missed?

Baja: Edge of Control
    Sept. 8th

I was looking forward to this, but the more i read and see, it is becoming clear that it is another arcade racer, so probably not for me.

Bad Company
    June 23rd

The demo was OK, but not great. Pre-reviews say it's the best damn looking and sounding game so far. But gameplay is questionable, and just 1 MP mode (ya, I know they promised to release conquest, but promises don't mean squat from a publisher/developer). I already have it pre-ordered, but have been thinking about NOT getting it, but in the end I will probably cave in and get it, play it for a month then done.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
    Aug 26th

Never played the first one, hearing good things about this, but I am so tired of WW2. It's coming for PC and 360, and if I would decide to get it, then I don't know which version to get. SP will be a one time thing, MP will die with the next game. I'm torn-ed, but unless high reviews all around, think I will pass.

Madden 09
    Aug 12th

Ya I know, not really my category of play, but I love football and usually buy every years version only to play about 12 games. I was actually going to pass on ALL EA Sport titles this year and wait for 2010 versions, but with this being the 20th anniversary of the madden series, (and me almost owning every years wither on the sega Genesis, PC, or Xbox, then 360. Alot of extras and good stuff coming to this version, think I will get it. Go BUCS!

Mercenary 2: Flames of War:
    Aug 31st

Never played the first one, looks cool and great, but way to much on my plate to bother with this title. Hell I did all this with Conflict Denied Ops and Army of Two.

Civilization Revolution
    July 8th

Been a big fan of the PC version. Tried the demo for the Xbox 360 and thought it was going to SUCK, but I was wrong...gameplay is nice and spot on, visuals are a little to cartoony, but hey I can live with that, with this game it's all about the game play.

Star Wars: Force Unleashed
    Sept. 16th

Looks great, SP only I believe, not my cup of tea, I'll pass but will watch the reviews closely.

Tom Clancy's HAWX
    Sept. 16th

Don't let the Tom Clancy fool you. I will watch this title closely, and read every review, but I have a feeling it will be an arcade crapolla, but I hope I'm wrong... Arcade= no go for me, semi-sim then sure, why not.

Too Human
    Aug 19th

Don't know much about this game, never planned on getting it, but after watching some videos and it being similar to games like Mass Effect, will be watching, unknown for sure at this time.

Unreal Tournament 3

July 7th

Hell I couldn't move fast enough not to get killed every 5 seconds in the PC demo, no thanks for me.

World in Conflict: Soviet Invasion
    Sept. 2nd

I got this for PC, will WiC, and will probably get the PC version of the expansion. BUT love the game, hope theres a demo, because if the feeling is right with the 360 controller, then hell ya, WiC on a 50 inch 1080p HD TV with 7.1 800 plus watt surround sound...SWEET... but it all depends on how it feels,RTS's on the 360 have not been to good IMO.

Just Cause 2
    unk

No thx, didn't like 1

Tiger Woods Golf 09
    unk

Alot of improvements from the 08 series, so IF I have the time and money then sure, otherwise 08 is just fine for my occasional HD golf game.

So, whats your feedback and opinions?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Summer games, what and why/why not you getting?

What about UT3 for the XBOX 360?

I will probably try Bad Company if enough people on my friends list are playing and enjoying the game but will probably just rent it from Gamefly as I don't see it as having long staying power.

I will be trying out Star Wars because I enjoy a good SP game from time to time.

I will probably try HAWX.

Not sure about Too Human but may give it a rent.

Comment

Unreal Tournament 3
      July 7th

Hell I couldn't move fast enough not to get killed every 5 seconds in the PC demo, no thanks for me.
      included.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

What about Spore?

The Star Wars and the Civilization game as well as Too Human also sound pretty interesting, maybe I'll give them a try.

Comment

Civilization Revolution
          Madden 09
          XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

NCAA 09, maybe look into Bad Company as well.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I have been extremely busy with work related things and missed a lot of the recent Xbox 360 activity. However, G4's coverage of E3 and some downtime with my job have resulted in one overwhelmed gamer. The short list for my summer games will probably include:

Civilization Revolution - I downloaded the demo and was impressed with the overall gameplay on a console, but haven't played enough of it to pull the trigger just yet. I'm looking forward to hearing what those of you who have purchased it think of this classic series on the Xbox 360.

NCAA '09 - This was my favorite sports series on the PlayStation 2, so I'm looking forward to getting back on the gridiron with this release for the Xbox 360. Oddly enough, I am not a Madden fanboy, so that will be a pass on my end.

Star Wars: Force Unleashed - If the demo is even remotely decent and reviews remain positive, this will certainly be one I pick up right away. I haven't played many Star Wars games, but I like the idea of filling in the gaps between movies with game content. The overall concept seems great, playing Darth Vader's apprentice, and what I have seen of gameplay it looks to be a lot of fun.

Battlefield: Bad Company - I was a fanatical BF2142 player, but the demo for this left a bad taste in my mouth. EA may have worked out the kinks and developed a decent multiplayer shooter, but I'll stick to the PC with the Battlefield series and wait for BF3.

Magnum includes a few others that are on my radar, but I just can't afford to grab everything that looks half decent. At $60 a pop, I tend to buy games I know I'll sink enough time into to make it worth the purchase. Thankfully, I can go rent or borrow some of the stuff like Mercenaries 2 or Too Human.

Since I got into the Xbox 360 scene a little later in it's lifespan, I have grabbed a few used titles and plan to spend some time catching up on what I missed. Can't think of anything better to do when the weather is too hot and humid to enjoy the outdoors. This would include:
              • Gears of War finally started it and understand the hype for its sequel
              • GRAW stepping back to play the original storyline
              • Splinter Cell: Double Agent always been a sucker for Clancy
              • Halo 3 time to bite the bullet and see what this franchise is all about

Looking at my growing game collection, I will probably fill things out with some Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Forza Motorsports 2 to complete some of their achievements. Some people might think those points are a gimmick, but I think they help motivate players to eek out a little more life from older titles.

Comment

Too Human - amazing
                Brothers in Arms HH - amazing
                Stalker Clear sky (PC i know) - amazing

the end

Comment

Played the Bad Company demo. Hated it compared to BF2. Major down-grade in my opinion. You can't go friggin' prone.... C'mon.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                  Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                  Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X