Silver or Gold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver or Gold?

Alright, so I need to know, what EXACTLY can I get from Xbox LIVE Silver, and what I can get from Gold, what is the difference and what's so special about spending the big bucks to get Gold.

Also, do I NEED to have LIVE Gold in order to play online with other players, or can I use Silver to play with other people?
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Silver or Gold?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/memberships/

That should essentially answer your questions.
    And yes, in order to be able to play multiplayer online you need to have the Gold subsciption.
    Focused

Comment

Ahh ok, thanks. That helps, and alright, I guess I gotta go buy a gold membership
      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Silver can get you free stuff from the Marketplace, you need Gold to play with other people. Besides, it's like, 50 bucks a YEAR to have Gold.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Yeah, it's easily the best money you'll spend on your XBox. It's only the price of one brand new game.
          No sig to see here...

Comment

I have been debating the 2 systems and the whole having to pay to play online has me leaning towards the PS3 instead since it is free. If Xbox offered it free as well then I would go there but I believe they have a cash cow with the Gold and so I doubt they will give it up any day soon.
            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

The $3.85 per month (12, actually 13, month subscription card for $49.99) is well worth it. You can also get a free month's subscription from various places to give Gold a test drive. My wife has the Silver package, since she doesn't play anything online, but still gets to enjoy the gamer card and achievements. Since I play a lot of multiplayer, I opted for Gold and enjoy the service a lot. It's one of the better features I've seen in any platform and they seem to have a lot in store down the line.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X