Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 Experience Fall Update (press release)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 Experience Fall Update (press release)

As most console (Xbox 360) owners know already, a new fall update is coming that will be adding a ton of new features to the already great XBL (Xbox Live). Turning your Xbox 360 not into just another console gaming machine but a true entertainment type of device.

All this information has been taken from a Microsoft released press kit...

Here is a video intro:
    http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/vid...T_1500kbps.wmv

Press release:

The New Xbox Experience
    Fact Sheet
    July 2008

What Is It?
    From the moment you turn on your Xbox 360 system, you’re invited into a limitless world of home entertainment — courtesy of the new Xbox experience. It’s a world where the best games, movies and TV shows live side by side with your personal pictures and music library, and the experience is ready to share anytime with friends in your living room or across the globe through Xbox LIVE. This new Xbox experience brings an inviting look and feel to Xbox 360 that is fun, social and simple to use.

The new Xbox experience is your entertainment experience. It delivers your entertainment when you want it, how you want it and with whom you want. In the mood for holding movie night on Sunday, being a game show contestant on Monday, catching up on episodes of your favorite TV show on Tuesday, hosting a party to show off your newest photos on Thursday, and playing some video games on Friday? It’s all possible through the new Xbox experience:

• Watch the theatrical cut of “Blade Runner” live with friends in your living room or across the U.S. with instant access to 10,000 movies from Netflix.

• Jump into a game of “1 vs. 100,” a new spin on the game show experience with instant at-home play, on the new Xbox LIVE channel, Xbox LIVE Primetime.

• Download “30 Rock” or “The Office,” as well as favorite standard and high-definition TV shows and movies from NBC Universal and Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Enjoy more movies and TV shows on demand than on any other device connected to the TV — all via Xbox LIVE Video Store.

• Hear the real-time laughter of your friends and family when they see that picture of you in a Speedo in Hawaii during a LIVE online party you host.

• Tune your diva skills by playing “Lips,” engage in a massive online “Gears of War” campaign or download classic arcade games with the best and broadest lineup of video games available only from Xbox 360.

Plus, really make it your own with customizable, animated Avatars that let you literally jump into the world of Xbox 360. Just imagine, your Avatar, your friend’s Avatars and the Avatars of nearly 100 other Xbox LIVE members meeting face to face in a game of “1 vs. 100” on Xbox LIVE Primetime. Now every entertainment experience can be a shared social experience on Xbox 360, home of the best and broadest video games lineup and more movies and TV shows on demand than any other device connected to the TV.

What Are the New Features?
    New features of the Xbox experience include the following:

Make it a Netflix night. Xbox 360 is the only game console to offer more than 10,000 feature films and television shows from Netflix, available instantly through Xbox LIVE and at no additional charge to all Xbox LIVE Gold members with a Netflix subscription.

Get ready for primetime. Xbox LIVE Primetime, a new channel on Xbox LIVE, transforms Xbox 360 entertainment. For the first time in video game history, people can come together on Xbox LIVE to play game shows such as “1 vs. 100” with real hosts, fresh content and prizes just like the games seen on TV. “1 vs. 100” comes from Endemol, the world’s largest independent production company and producers of the hit show “Deal or No Deal.” The game show “1 vs. 100” pits one player against “The Mob.” The player’s goal is to eliminate all the opposition by correctly answering questions, hoping that the opponents will answer incorrectly and be eliminated from the game.

Get the party started. Xbox 360 is the only device that allows you to create a virtual party with your friends with LIVE Party. Now, every experience is a shared experience. Play a game with up to eight friends. Voice chat while watching a movie or a favorite episode of “The Office.” Share pictures or play an online game show with the chance to win real prizes. The new Xbox experience makes entertainment an interactive event.

Express yourself. Personalize your entertainment like never before with a customizable, animated Avatar designed exclusively by the creative geniuses at Rare Ltd. Dress your Avatar and jump into a party with friends from around the world. Whether you assume an alter ego or just be yourself, your Avatar allows you to express yourself no matter where you go in the new experience.

Online entertainment center. The new Xbox 360 experience offers more online entertainment from one remote than you can find from any device that connects to the television. Xbox LIVE Marketplace is a one-stop digital download center for entertainment, including exclusive game demos and trailers as well as hours of downloadable music videos, movies, television shows and casual games.

How Do I Get It?
    The new Xbox experience is available this fall through a free download to anyone with an Xbox 360 system, a broadband connection and a storage device of either a hard drive or 256MB memory unit or larger. Complete system requirements are available at http://xbox.com/live. It represents the first time in history that a mass-market consumer electronics device has been re-launched through free software, giving people more fun and intuitive ways to interact, play and enjoy entertainment content.

#########

For more information, press only:
    Evan Parker, Edelman, (323) 202-1052, [email protected]
    Some screens (resized):

More info to be posted as released.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Xbox 360 Experience Fall Update (press release)

Didn't know this actually, I'll have to check it out when I have more time. Speaking of LIVE, get on, dammit!

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Thanx for the info. I really get a lot of use out of my 360 as an entertainment platform. Tversity works well for all the streaming and is free. I hope they add even more classic Arcade games. The TMNT Classic Arcade game was the best 3 dollars I've spent in a long time. I would love to the Xmen or Simpsons game that were essentially the same thing.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Nice! I'm really looking forward to the NetFlix option.
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
        - Check me out on The Onion
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I have been excited with what Microsoft has released about the next update. My wife and I have tried renting movies through the mail, but our service is just too slow in our area. We've downloaded a few TV shows we forgot to Tivo and wanted to see right away and our experience on the Xbox 360 was great. It will be nice to be able to select from titles other than the monthly pay-per-views on Directv.

Speaking of TV shows, I am glad to see that they are going to expand their offering a bit. There are some great shows that my wife and I have missed and would enjoy watching over this horrible summer season. Being able to simply download them to our Xbox 360 and not have to worry about finding more room in our already full dvd shelves is a great option.

Avatars aren't high on my list, but I'm sure I'll spend too much time creating one anyway. I hope they do expand LIVE a bit and make it more of a social network. We have plenty of family and friends spread across the country to take advantage of these new features.

While I bought my Xbox 360 primarily for gaming, I have to admit Microsoft has thrown enough stuff into LIVE and its other offerings that its become our main source of entertainment. Well, besides my wife's boyfriend Tivo!

Comment

Kinda looks like theyre trying to make it look like the PS3, just like any other company vs. company rivalry duel for money.
            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

*Bump. When's this going down?

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

sometime in october... so i hear.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X