Back to the Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the Action

Magnum50, Clodhopper, Calvin and I spent the better part of Saturday afternoon playing Terrorist Hunt and it rekindled my interest in Rainbow Six Vegas 2. It still holds up as one of the premiere titles on the Xbox 360 geared toward the community. With the sheer number of popular games released over the last few months, I figure a lot of players have moved onto other games for the bulk of their gaming. However, I hope that there is still plenty of interest in keeping R6V2 alive.

One accomplishment I have neglected to complete is the Story Mode on Realistic difficulty. Lorax74 and I played through over half of it, but forgot to switch it from Normal for the later parts. We're running through Gears of War, at the moment, so I wondered if there was anyone interested in helping me finish up the storyline? I find co-op a lot more fun, especially when playing through missions for the second or third time.

If anyone is interested in playing some Terrorist Hunt missions, please let me know. They can get a little stale, but I still have a few achievements I am working on that require plenty of game time. The new maps are a lot of fun and the game mode itself is a great way to get back into some R6V2 action.

Last, but not least, I wondered if anyone has recently spent any significant time playing multiplayer matches? I tried a few the first week R6V2 was released and didn't particularly enjoy the crowds. However, since most problem players tend to have short attention spans, I thought perhaps the matches might have become a little more tolerable.

Re: Back to the Action

My thanks to Calvin for helping me complete Act 6. This was the mission in Nevada without the rest of the team, so we had a lot of fun playing together without having to worry about our friendly AI. There were a few tough sections and we got caught up in a couple of bad spots that required respawns. I certainly prefer that over a walk in the park against ignorant AI. Overall, a great way to spend a few hours at the end of a weekend.

One more act and I'll have the Realistic Story Mode finished and have just two scenes to complete everything in the other difficulties. However, I would be happy to help anyone else or even go back through the story again.

Comment

"Freedom Shall Prevail" thanks to Calvin. We finished up the last act I needed on Realistic and had a lot of fun with the story. Multiplayer seems to have come a long way from R6V2's launch week. I was able to find a few decent hosts over the last week and spent two nights playing Team Leader matches. One was run by a clan, though I forgot the tag, and they maintained a great atmosphere with instant kicks for glitching, failure to have VoIP and not participating with your team.

If anyone has any interest in adversarial matches, outside of the weekly Saturday sessions, please let me know. A room with at least six players usually fills up fast and the in-game host system is easy enough to maintain some decorum with players who may not be accustomed to our community's style of play. We could also find a room being run by a clan, as they tend to stick to one team, which would most likely mean we could play together.

I have been more than leery about playing random matches on LIVE, but my recent experience has shown me that it can be just as good as the servers hosted directly by TG for other games. While Co-Op and Terrorist Hunt are a lot of fun, the adversarial matches are a blast to play with players willing to work as a team.

Comment

I have been more than leery about playing random matches on LIVE, but my recent experience has shown me that it can be just as good as the servers hosted directly by TG for other games. While Co-Op and Terrorist Hunt are a lot of fun, the adversarial matches are a blast to play with players willing to work as a team.

Though I can't really say I've given it a fair chance, I've yet to find that in the 2 years Vegas has been out on PC and 360; I usually only played games with Squadmates when possible, otherwise it just wasn't any fun at all ...and it's not just this game, it also applies to Call of Duty 4, where even on the team-based matches, there's really no communication at all other than some taunting and such...give me a holler if ya ever stumble onto a good server!
        |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

I'd be down for some games. I'm not very good at it because I haven't played it in months, but yeah. My gamertag is "TG4th Delta".

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
          Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
          Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X