High Stakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Stakes

In case anyone missed the details to the recent R6V2 patch, the developers have added a new setting called "High Stakes" that might be a great addition for us tactical gamers. The following are the specifics:

Originally posted by Ubi.com Forums

Limited HUD
    The Radar is disabled. Enemies will not be visible on the Tactical Map (back button on 360/select button on PS3). Grenade indicator is disabled.

Health System
    Health regen is disabled. If you are shot and close to death, you’ll enter a visual state of critical health (screen turns monochromatic).

Cover System
    The cover system as been changed in High-Stakes mode to encourage players to peek instead of pop-n-shoot. The camera has been moved so your character cannot look past their cover unless they expose themselves around a corner.

Weapons & Gadgets
    Aim Assistance has been completely disabled. Bullet spread has also been increased when not zoomed-in (you will notice your crosshair indicators are much wider when not in zoom). Realistically, a person holding a gun would have better aim when zoomed-in than when he’s walking around. This encourages players to really take aim instead of run-n-gun. Also remember that the zoom time has been sped-up and you can now fire WHILE you zoom in and out. Players now have less ammunition (1 for each gadget you choose and less clips for your guns) so you really need to play conservatively and rely on precision use of ammo.

Kill Camera & Friendly Fire
    Kill Camera is always disabled and Friendly fire is always enabled.
    We were able to garner enough interest in R6V2's early days between TG and SimHQ to host some adversarial matches with like-minded players. Add the new High Stakes setting to the mix and we might have something to conduct force-on-force gaming sessions. Anyone interested?

Re: High Stakes

I am... we can test this mode out this saturday during our weekly get together, if we have enough players we can go see what it's like on a server. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I'd definitely be down for this
      |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Sounds great, Magnum and Calvin. I won't be around this upcoming Saturday, 26 July, because of a prior commitment. However, I hope you can muster up enough interest to give the new setting a test run and look forward to playing some High Stakes soon.

Comment

NP... just whenever... BTW, not very many on XBL play High Stakes mode... guess they don't like that it's more tactical then action... but the last 3 days i checked in primetime and only found 3 or 4 servers playing High Stakes.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I just noticed this...I was commenting how I didn't like the grenade indicators to a friend. I can't wait to get a good teamwork game with this option.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I'd be down for this. When and what time?

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                I'd be down for this. When and what time?
                Depending on the turnout for the Terrorist Hunt session on 09 August, we might actually have enough players to hold some High Stakes matches. The little I've read about it on other forums, it looks like something a lot of us have been waiting for in R6V2 (or any Xbox 360 title) ... real tactical gameplay.

Comment

Is High Stakes a new difficulty setting you can apply to any of the game modes or a new PvP game mode altogether?
                  |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin View Post
                    Is High Stakes a new difficulty setting you can apply to any of the game modes or a new PvP game mode altogether?
                    It is an option anyone can use when hosting a match, much like limiting respawns or available equipment. I guess you could compare it to a server-side hardcore mod for some of the more popular PC titles. While I am not sure it works in Terrorist Hunt, as all I've read about it is in regards to adversarial gameplay, I might give it a shot later tonight.

Comment

sorry guys for the noob question but do you all play it on console ? Im a big fan of the old days RVS but since they moved to console i dont play it anymore i just rent it and finish it on console but if you guys play it on pc i might come back ? i heard the servers online are dead ?

Comment

Originally posted by FLooDY View Post
                        sorry guys for the noob question but do you all play it on console ? Im a big fan of the old days RVS but since they moved to console i dont play it anymore i just rent it and finish it on console but if you guys play it on pc i might come back ? i heard the servers online are dead ?
                        There is a small group of us that play it together on the Xbox 360 and plenty of matches going on via LIVE. In fact, R6V2 is actually one of the more popular titles overall for the console. Sadly, I haven't heard much about the PC version.

Comment

After a couple of Terrorist Hunt missions with Magnum50 this afternoon, I jumped into a public Versus match using the High Stakes settings and finally got to try this game mode. Needless to say, it fits our community to a tee and seems to be exactly what we’ve all been looking for on the Xbox 360. It eliminates much of the run-and-gun elements that have crept into R6V2 and forces players to use tactics and teamwork.

Now, we just need to get together as a group to enjoy it.

Comment

If I can actually make it into a session, this mode damn well better make an appearance!
                            -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X