In-game Treasure Hunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-game Treasure Hunt

It seems Ubisoft has teamed up with the promoters of the upcoming movie Tropic Thunder and are using the in-game advertising with a twist. Delta mentioned something about a billboard regarding Tropic Thunder, which reminded me of a video I caught on Ubisoftís website. Basically, itís an old-fashioned treasure hunt. In-game billboards point you to each other throughout maps and you follow them to the end, where a promotion code is revealed to enter a sweepstakes. The prizes include movie packs, the upcoming Brothers in Arms, a one year subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold and an Xbox 360 Elite.

The following is a link to the promotional video:

http://rainbowsixgame.us.ubi.com/home.php

Some gamers do not like the in-game advertisement system, but I have to admit that itís actually been done rather well in R6V2. The billboards do not really take away from the setting and seem relevant to Las Vegas. This treasure hunt is a neat idea and something different to do while playing that 1,000th match on familiar maps.

Re: In-game Treasure Hunt

Ah yes. It was interesting, for sure. It's a theater though, so I believe that the advertisements are quite acceptable. Anywhere these advertisements could be actually would be acceptable seeing as advertisements pretty much equal half of what our society worships, per se.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Re: In-game Treasure Hunt

nice game...Have you heard or read about a treasure that's been discovered? Here's the place to let the treasure hunting community know about it. Please post the credits if you read or heard about it in the media.
      <a href="http://www.treasurehuntclues.org/scavenger-hunts.html">Scavenger Hunt Game</a>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X