Battlefield: Bad Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield: Bad Company

Any good? I played the demo and hated it. Major disappointment compared to BF2, etc. Anybody have any insights so I can determine whether this game is worth it or not? Especially with the new Conquest mode I believe it's called?

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company

I wasn't impressed with the demo either, but Clodhopper and Magnum50 seem to enjoy the final product. I'd be interested to hear some more about the game as well.

Comment

no, it was/is a disappointment... I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a diehard group of friends that will play it... that said I have it and love it WHEN I play with friends... it still has flaws, but with up to 4 friends in the same squad (which actually should be a fireteam) it can be fun... Clod and I got into an attack chopper the other day and we rained hell on everyone, dominated that battlefield... later we did the same with a tank and a boat...so MP is a blast with friends... SP was a joke, stupid AI...only good about the SP was the great characters and the comical story, thats it.

MP blows EXCEPT when I play with friends.

JMO
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I have been a fan of the Battlefield brand, recently playing Battlefield 2142 for far too long, but wasn't very fond of Battlefield: Modern Combat for the console. Is Battlefield: Bad Company a better version of the traditional gameplay we've come to expect from this series? More importantly, is it a title that might have a decent shelf life in a market swarming with shooters?

I'd love to pull the trigger and pick this up, just for some classic Battlefield rounds on the console alone, but another $60 for something that could be dead within three months would be hard to swallow for me.

Comment

bc is way better then mc imo and I liked it overall and I dont even like console fps games usually. I didnt buy it but I think it bodes well for the pc version, I'll be buying that one for sure when it eventually arrives

Cant you rent it to test?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

this game is damn awsome even playing by ur self. if u guys wanna go and give it another try add me on live

live:viccharlie

again it does not suck the beta did not the full game.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
            Delta MICS
            Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

IMO... the game is sub-par gameplay wise, and will be dead except for the few that love it in 3 months. Like Frontline: Fuel of War... great idea, terrible execution...

Teamwork is almost non-exsistant because of 2 things... 1) the run and gun, blow everything up player base, 2) the game design... unable to communicate with anyone but the 4 in your squad... imo, should be side comms.

But like I said before, I've had fantasic games with friends, usually leave in disgust w/o friends playing.

I would recommend a weekend rental, download the conquest mode... and see for yourself, just look me up if you get it.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I love the game myself, but the true enjoyment comes from playing with friends. The public gamers who play Bad Company aren't playing a team-oriented game. They're playing Deathmatch, and it gets quite annoying. You'll lose many-a-game due to this mentality, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

It's the best console Battlefield game to date, without a doubt. Just have some buddies to play with, otherwise you're more than likely going to develop an ulcer.

When I do play by myself, I usually attempt communication with someone. See if they are listening to me and what not... if someone is, whether they respond verbally or not, I'll contine to support my squad with enemy locations and tactics. If, however, I'm getting nothing, I go recon, find a nice bush, and snipe. Also, if I find myself low on health and my squadmate, who holds the power to heal my wounds, chooses to ignore me... he gets to look at the spawn menu while I steal his kit to heal myself. Just a couple things I do to keep me from losing my mind while playing with pubbies who make no attempt to even plug in a microphone.

I realize the paragraph above isn't very "TG", but it's gotten to a point where I love this game so much, I'm willing to bastardize myself.

PS
                Magnum, post those screenshots you got of us in the chopper! I've been dying to see em!
                -

Comment

There over at SimHQ...the first set, still waiting for BFBC to upload the chopper/other ones... I visit here, but am no longer a TG member so I don't bother repeat posting here anymore. Look for me online (XBL) or over at SimHQ.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

yup, I seen those when you posted them. I wanna see the chopper shots. Can't believe it's taking so long to update, what a crummy system.
                    -

Comment

i hope to own yours guys dog tags one day
                      what color are yours gold?

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                      Delta MICS
                      Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Guys add my gamertag if you like, imo BF BC is one of the best console games because its so open and its almost like a PC game but on the console.. and because of this i think its damn good. Its not the best, but its not crap by any standards.

I agree it needs to be played with a full squad of decent people with mic's, and i can support this by saying i had a round with 3 guys from some part of europe who were helping each other out, so i joined in, and it felt like i was playing battlefield with guys on the pc.. it was just as much fun easily... we pummeled the rest of the squads and scored highest because of our work. and won the round.

You guys should get more into it, even single play with no buddies can be fun.. i got like 885 points one round 35 kills just running round on my own with the demolition kit.

its fun.. give it a real try.

and yeah clod and other guys add me

Basic Paul = gamertag.

later

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed