Equipment Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment Discussion

While enjoying another afternoon of Terrorist Hunt with Clodhopper, Delta and Magnum50, we had a few brief discussions about weapons and I figured it might be a good topic for the forums. Since I think a lot depends on a gamer's style of play, it should be interesting to see what everyone is carrying on the field of battle. So, why not start the conversation with a favorite Ö primary weapons.

Personally, I've been using the AKS-74U. This shortened variant of the AK-47 is made for CQB and packs quite a punch. It's got one of the better penetration values of the assault rifles with its 7.62MM ammunition, which has saved my butt more than a few times with tangos that decide to hide behind cover. The downside is its accuracy, but I tend to engage in CQB more than anything and simply switch to single shot for medium distance engagements.

The AKS-74U has been great in Terrorist Hunt missions and fits in well with the usual suspects from within the community, who tend to like machine guns. However, I have noticed itís not a great choice for adversarial matches, where most engagements seem to be won with either speed or sheer firepower. I typically switch out to something with a higher rate of fire or sling a shotgun. Iíd be interested to see what others have found to work well in multiplayer matches.

Re: Equipment Discussion

I carry a machinegun, because I can't aim worth a poop, so I spray and pray alot... I like to think of myself as the support guy or suppression guy. ;) (I do carry the G36 also.)

Actually... I really only do that because of the game itself... thou it is more tactical then say Battlefield, it still has the same type of players who are always younger and faster then me, and run and gun with an art.

If it was real life, and i do this (kinda somewhat... in real life, lol) then A MP5 or 7 is more realisitic.. thou i did carry a G36 in the army when I was on there SRT... thats why I carry it in game, no matter what...memories.

I'm also not one to switch alot... I usually find a weapon or two I like in any and all of my games and use the same one throughout the games lifespan. I'm the same way with food and other real life things, so I tell my wife when she bitches that I eat the same thing all the time, and never try anything new... "you should be glad I stick with the same old thing every day of my life". ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I used the G36C a lot before switching to the AKS-74U. It remains one of my favorites and is a very versatile weapon. I might go back to it with a little more shooting experience. At this point, I’m still adjusting to the controller and tend to need that extra punch to make up for not hitting my target as often as most people.

Which machine gun do you tend to use, Magnum50? I’ve avoided them for the most part, but will eventually need to rack up a few kills with it for an achievement and wouldn’t mind a friendly tip or two about them.

There’s nothing wrong with playing the support role for the team. I certainly enjoy knowing you’re covering my back with a ton of lead ready to go down range. The perch above the main spawn area on the Mudertown Dark map was a perfect spot to watch you do some heavy work with one of the big guns.

Comment

I like the LMG, assault rifle with ACOG setup. I usually use the M249 and the FNC with the Acog. For me, I can put many short controlled bursts down range or when it hits the fan unload, all without reloading often. I like the FNC's report over the other sounds as I only use the assault rifle's in long range situations usually on single shot.

My other configs include: the dual AK setup. the AK74U with high cap mag and an AK-47 with an ACOG.
        SMG and Assault rifle, usually the Type 05 with a reflex and an FNC with an ACOG.

Those other two configs I usually use in COOP story more than T-hunt
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I've found that I like the LMG for support/suppression fire (obviously) and whatever else I like. I've also found that I like the MP5 silenced using a 3 round burst. I'm fairly accurate so I can just aim for the head most of the time. Other than that though, I haven't unlocked a whole lot of the guns.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
          Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
          Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

I still have yet to find a primary weapon I'm comfortable with, but for secondary, I like the MP7 with the reflex scope. You already have the 40 round clip, so no need for an extended clip, and it's got decent stopping power (no more or less than the other SMGs I find). I just seems the best of the best for me.

My usual grenade setup consists of Frags and smoke, as I find smoke to be invaluable in TH for both myself and my team. Breaching charges are useless. It's like the moment you get close to a door the enemy is behind, they open it and shoot you. Or if you're in the process of planting the charge, they open and shoot.
            -

Comment

MG 36...
              Unlock with 320 points of Assault. H&K's MG-36 is essentially the support version of the G-36 battle rifle. Since the design focused mainly on accentuating the support aspect of the weapon, the machinegun uses a handy drum/box magazine instead of a belt feed.

What this means game wise is that the MG36 is a 100 round assault rifle (plus one if you reload with a bullet chambered). Reload time for this weapon is joyfully short, and you basically have a huge ammunition reserve on hand.

Unfortunately, terrorists do not use this weapon often. What ones you do find are few and scattered, and when the situations calls for long distance sniping, this weapon is no good. However in medium and short range fighting, the MG36 lets you continuously catch enemies in your gunfire without the need for reloading.
              http://guides.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/...-2/page_5.html
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                I once used the G36C with acog and MG36 combo. I like the aesthetics of having both G36 variants, but IMHO the 249 variant seems to have more stopping power. I will revisit the MG36 though.
                |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Well, despite having found a great combination for Terrorist Hunt, Iím back to square one for a primary weapon in adversarial gameplay. I must have tried the whole gambit during todayís session and still canít get a handle on anything solid. If I remember correctly, Clodhopper seemed to be struggling with the same thing.

Part of the problem seems to be the different range for engagements in Versus. While using the M468 and M8 in Terrorist Hunt, I can effectively deal with most CQB and pick off a long shot or two with ease. However, it seems I ran into a lot of firefights in the middle playing Team Leader or Assault & Defend. For example, the G36C and AKS-74U are great weapons up close and personal, but put a few meters between me and my foe and they are junk for me.

The one weapon selection is a big change from cooperative missions, but one I enjoy, as it requires teams to really work together to cover different types of engagements. Since I want to start playing more adversarial matches, I really need to find a weapon and spend some time using it in Terrorist Hunt. So, anyone have a suggestion for a solid mid-range weapon?

Comment

After doing some online research and a lot of practical application, I finally found equipment loadouts that work for me in adversarial matches.
                    Assault: FAMAS with High Capacity Mag
                    Recon: P90
                    Demo: MK46 with Recoil Control Stock or SPAS 12
                    Sniper: SR25SD, 6x Scope

I tend to round these out with the Desert Eagle and both frag and flash bang grenades.

Comment

After some more play testing, I have really grown fond of the M468 either with high cap mag or ACOG depending on the situation. I almost always add frags and flashes with the Glock.
                      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

I've found that I like the FAMAS and the M8 the most, just because of how ridiculously accurate they are. I like the M8 more though because it looks cooler. :P P90 is always my sub-machine gun of choice, or the MP7 on occasion. I've also taken a liking to the 500 Tactical. I occasionally use the sniper classes. I use the SR-25SD mainly with a 6 - 12 scope. Sometimes the scout even because of my CS experiences.

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Iíve been using the M468 a bit more and really like the way it performs in Versus matches. The more I used the FAMAS, I began to notice that it fires too quickly for me. Besides the fact that itís just an ugly weapon.

There is a great post on the official R6V2 forums that breaks down each weapon in great detail. While a long read that may bore some gamers, itís fantastic for anyone interested in a real comparison.

Link: Detailed Weapon Analysis

Comment

Also, the M8 holds more rounds.

Comment

Quick question that I always ask about shooters. Does the Coriolis effect come into account in this game? And apparently you have to lead your targets, so that's kind of what brought it to my attention. From using all the rifles though, I don't think it does, just asking though if anyone knows for sure. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Coriolis effect is essentially bullet drop, correct? Just double checking.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X