After Action Report: 16 August 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Action Report: 16 August 2008

This Saturday, 16 August, brought another great week of R6V2 action for the TG community on the Xbox 360. Clodhopper, Magnum50, Positive G from SimHQ and I started things off with a few brief Terrorist Hunt missions. Within a half hour, however, we had several players looking to join us and moved onto our first adversarial matches in quite a few months.

Calvin, tHa_KhAn and a handful of members from SimHQ jumped in and we enjoyed some Team Leader and Attack & Defend matches using the new High Stakes settings. The action was fierce as our teams of four battled each other for over three hours on classic maps like Import/Export, Villa and CQB Training and even the newly released Mudertown Dark. Tactics and teamwork were the name of the game with this group and there were some memorable moments throughout the various matches.

A small group of us finished the afternoon off with some more Terrorist Hunt, but the action picked up again in the evening. Delta hosted another Terrorist Hunt room for an hour or so and Clodhopper and I played through the later half of the campaign cooperatively on Realistic to help him finish off that achievement. Overall, it was a fantastic day of R6V2 for members of TG.

I look forward to learning what everyone thought of the High Stakes settings and Versus gameplay.

Re: After Action Report: 16 August 2008

I had a great time. I never played versus before and had a good time. I think I finally have all the downloadable content so I'm passed my technical issues. I enjoyed the High Stakes. It definitely forces teamwork to survive. I think it would be really enjoyable with a little more experience.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I like the high stakes mode also... but after playing regular for so long, it will take some time to get use too... I was just having a bad gaming day (lost 2 games of madden, then the first to get killed in almost all of our R6V2 sessions, lol)...

I do believe that more communications is needed... Once I was dead (before I took it off dead people can't talk), I saw a couple of people engaging the enemy but never calling out to there team where and how many... and once I changed the options to dead men don't talk, as soon as you die you get cut of of the in game comms (well you can still talk to the other dead), so it is really a must to call out targets, direction, and numbers BEFORE getting killed.

My only critique, otherwise great games.)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I think all of us had a hard time adjusting to adversarial matches. Gameplay should only improve with the more exposure we have to the maps, objectives and the High Stakes settings. The good thing is that R6V2 has shown itself to be a great title for TG members playing on the Xbox 360 and we're starting to get a regular group playing it with some frequency.

Comment

I really like it, at the same time I really can't compare High Stakes to regular because, like Khan, I've also never played adversarial, only the co-op modes. I like that it really makes you stick and work together to have any success. I'm also really not too familiar with maps yet, apparent when Magnum and I were put into a 2-man fireteam and we had no idea where we were :P
          |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X