Roll the Dice - 23 August 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll the Dice - 23 August 2008

In the wake of last week’s great Versus matches, we will be back at it again with R6V2 on Saturday, 23 August. Since the noon start is a little early for some members, action will begin at 1PM EST this week. Those of us that are online early can get things going with some Terrorist Hunt and we will move over to adversarial gameplay as soon as we have six players.

Hopefully, the crew from SimHQ will join us again. They are a great bunch of like-minded gamers, which are certainly hard to find within the Xbox 360 community. If you have any friends that you feel would enjoy some tactical gameplay and teamwork, please invite them as well.

Re: Roll the Dice - 23 August 2008

I'll do my best to be there!

Comment

Due to a last minute change in plans, I will be unable to participate in this session. My parents made an unexpected trip to visit my wife and me, so I can’t pass up the chance to catch up with them. Magnum50 is usually one of the firsts on LIVE every Saturday and typically hosts with his high speed internet connection. I’m sure he’ll try to get everyone into some R6V2 action.

I will probably be online later in the evening, if anyone misses out on the afternoon session, and would be happy to host some Terrorist Hunts or even hop on a Versus server. I could certainly use the help with less than 50,000 points separating me from the final unlockable rank of Elite and some spiffy custom camouflage.

Comment

Word. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

So I'm slightly disappointed that nobody showed up on Saturday! C'mon now, I thought you've been doing this for years! :D

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

we have, but we don't play the same game over and over... R6V2 is the most popular, but there are other games... most of my group was playing BFBC.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Just to clarify the Saturday sessions, Delta, Magnum and the crew of Xbox 360 gamers from SimHQ have a regularly scheduled event that they were nice enough to extend us an invitation to each week. Since the number of tactical and teamwork orientated players on LIVE are few and far between, it's only natural that we enjoy playing together and have each other on our Friends Lists. However, they sometimes end up playing a different title than those advertised on our forums.

I was also disappointed to learn this week's session did not go off as planned, but that's part of the issue with trying to build a solid player base for the Xbox 360. There are so few of us and so many games, that it takes a coordinated effort to get everyone playing the same title. Call of Duty 4 and Frontlines: Fuel of War suffer from the same problem. We’ve just been lucky to have an extended period of time that members seem to be interested in R6V2.

The weekend wasn’t a total loss, as Clodhopper, you and I got some great matches of Terrorist Hunt in late Sunday night. I’d dare to call them classic with some of Clodhopper’s moments.

Comment

Those weren't "Clodhopper moments", that whole session was an "extended Canadian moment". :row__642:
                Last edited by Clodhopper; 08-25-2008, 07:28 AM.
                -

Comment

..Every moment is an extended Canadian moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                    ..Every moment is an extended Canadian moment!
                    That's what makes them extended! :row__642:
                    -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...