Clothing Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing Discussion

I had a long chuckle looking at some of the outfits players are using in multiplayer matches. Some of them look like a cross between a Halo Spartan and something out of Army of Two. Not to mention the bright yellow, reds and pinks sported by more than a few would-be operatives. It got me to thinking about what everyone within the community models their clothing after and though it might be another good forum topic.

Our friend from the Great North, Clodhopper, obviously sports the colors of his native Canadian Army. Though his mowhawk might look better with a red beret. If I remember correctly, tHA-KhAnís red training camouflage gave him away during Saturdayís Trainyard mission. So, what inspired your choice of clothing in R6V2?

Personally, I started out with what I thought would be a good interpretation of a Rainbow Six operative, but couldnít cut the light blue used in the series. I moved to the ACU option, being a veteran of the US Army, but wasnít too keen on the harsh white color used in the game. Right now, Iím using the BDU shirt and pants in the Desert Camo with the lightweight helmet in the same pattern and ballistic goggles.

Iíve been researching some of the modern uses of camouflage a bit and was surprised to learn black as been deemed unfit in most cases. It seems the color actually stands out while viewed by night vision equipment. My hope is to create something unique and close to realistic as I can get when I unlock the custom camo, though attaining the Elite rank is going to take a lot of time.

Re: Clothing Discussion

I think some of those uniforms are rediculous...

I am a firm believer of a flat one color uniform... I wear all black... even urban camo don't work in this game... you want to blend in with the backround, no multi-colors, or wild colors... you don't want the enemy to see even a bit of color change, or movement...

All flat, one colored.. like black, or blue.... imo
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Traditionally, I do not play adversarial so my color scheme was more of a personal like than functional. After that round, I slowly moved between rounds to a traditional camo scheme, black and dark camo....gotta look a little sexy :)
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Personally, I use a little of blue, some pink, some yellow, and some red. And then there's the green, the orange, and the purple. Juust kidding. I can't do that yet.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Day Glow colors, preferably.

Comment

I'd really like to keep up with my CAD camo with a Red Beret (just out of respect and support for my boys), but more and more I've been thinking of going back to my regular black vest and navy blue clothing. It's just better suited for the game, and like Magnum said, I don't want to stand out, kinda defeats the purpose of camouflage.

One thing that has forever bothered me with this new series is the fact each team looks exactly a like. By alike, I mean everyone is dressed up in some random colour... suit-thing. I've always wished there was an option or something to force people into team colours, much like GRAW or other games. Looking for a nametag colour isn't the best way to go about it.

The Mohawk, however, shall stay! Until I get a camera, or they make a buck-toothed ninny face.
            -

Comment

I would be happy to start a trend with you Clodhopper and sport an informal TG uniform. After lighting Delta up the other night by accident, I tend to agree that the hodgepodge of colors makes it difficult to determine who is friend and foe at certain times. Blue clothing and black armor? If so, which blue seems the best choice?

We could always add armor, another topic for discussion itself, to the mix and have light, medium and heavy options. I tend to like the classic Rainbow Six look, but am certainly open to different ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfeil22 View Post
                After lighting Delta up the other night by accident,
                ..You act as if this is the first time you've done this......

By the way, how do you edit your face and hair and stuff?

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Well in TH, the AI don't take in account camo...so frankly you could wear anything...all pink or bright orange or whatever... (but IMO, you then don't look like the type to be too tactical.)

But like I said, for multiplayer... a flat dull color, one pattern is best... because even if you use a urban camo pattern with blacks, greys, and some white... in game another human can see movement better... but if all dull black, you can stand it a dark corner and be pretty hidden.

Ya, I agree... I wish they would just let you assign team colors instead of that green thing over your head, that really ruins that "tactical" experience.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfeil22 View Post
                    Blue clothing and black armor? If so, which blue seems the best choice?

I find the default clothing (tactical shirt & pants) make for a decent navy blue ensemble.

I like the idea of a team setup. We could identify one another VIA facial/head features.. and communication, of course, heh. Might actually give us a chance to see Magnums mug too!
                    -

Comment

if you look at my character in game... you see me... that is me, I used the camera capture feature. lol ;)
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                        if you look at my character in game... you see me... that is me, I used the camera capture feature. lol ;)
                        I know, but you're always wearing a helmet :row__536:
                        -

Comment

I always have the aviators on, or the "retro sunglasses".

Comment

I wear all black and the flight helmet/breathing mask combo because I like looking like a robot. :)

As far as effective camo goes, black is probably your best option on most maps.

Comment

I've seen some pretty ridiculous ones that make the game look like clown convention 09.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X