My greatest Madden game ever... w/videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My greatest Madden game ever... w/videos

I've been playing the Madden series of games since the beginning, really...had plenty of great games, but Monday evening I had the best ever in my 20 years of Madden football.

Now I don't remember every detail, so here is the highlights... (thats one game I wish I could of saved the whole game for a replay.)

I had just started a season as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I had already played a pre-season game against Miami the day before and got slaughtered, so when I saw that my 2nd pre-season game was against New England, I immediately thought "oh great, another lost coming up quick". As much as I hate the team, they are good, and as much as I love the Madden football game, I suck... so this was going to be ugly...

So, preseason game 2, Pats against the Bucs in Tampa...

First Quarter:
    I win the coin toss and do surprisingly well on offense, can't get my running game going at all, but a series of cut in passes and curls moves the chains down the field, I score the first touchdown... 7 zip.

First touchdown of the game, only one in the first quarter, user control, bull dogging forward, video:
    http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/247931

Second Quarter:
    Well The Pats get the ball and take it down field, not once but twice, some time during that quarter I score 10, a touchdown and a field goal, while the pats score 19 points with a couple of touchdowns, a field goal, and a safety (I stepped out of the end zone, after bad positioning.)

So basically the Pats dominated me with a number of long throws and a interception or two on my part, both teams did well on offense, the Pats did OK on defense, and as usual, I just sucked.

The great Randy Moss, covered hard by the Bucs, but no joy, video:
    http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/247989

Halftime

Third Quarter:
    OK, I'm getting worried here, surprised that I'm holding my own somewhat, but the Pats throw bombs down field almost 7 out of 8 plays, and I can't stop them, not while rushing the QB, not with a 4-3 set, and not with some nickel sets, just can't do it. Third quarter brings 2 touchdowns for the Pats, and one for my Bucs. Both teams only seem to be getting results in the air, rushing yardage is extremely low. (at the end of the game I think both teams had 400 plus passing yards, and under 50 yards rushing.)

Forth Quarter:
    The fire burns deep in the big gut of Magnum, it's one hell of a quarter with Derrick Brooks, number 55 intercepting the ball. The Pats are held to just 2 field goals in this quarter, while the Bucs score 2 touchdowns, in the last couple minutes of the forth quarter, I take the Bucs in the end zone for the 2 point conversion instead of just the one point. That puts me in the lead by 3 points. (if I would of went for the 1 extra point, the Pats had 2 mins to simply kick a 3 pointer to win... so the Pats take it down field in the last 2 minutes, and hit a 3 pointer that ties the game at 39 to 39... Were going into overtime boys.

One of two Buc touchdowns in the forth, video:
    http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/247989

Overtime:
    So as my luck would have it, I lose the toss and the Pats get the ball first, Great I say, how hard is it for New England to take it down field and score 3 points. I begin to believe in defeat, again.

So heres where it gets exciting, and probably the best play I've ever played in Madden history. It's first down the ball is hiked, Brady steps back and throws to his left side, The Bucs, (under user control, meaning thats me playing the position, not the AI), jump in front of the thrown ball, intercepts and runs down the sideline, shaking off 2 or 3 or 4 defenders, coming in for the 6 point touchdown and winning the game...all user controlled baby. What a play, what a game.

OT Interception video:
    http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/247952

Madden 09 football kicks donkey boyz. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: My greatest Madden game ever... w/videos

I might have to get madden this year. Last year was the first madden I have not purchased in since '03 (Hit or miss before then). I've become a big NCAA fan and have been a first day purchaser on those releases.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

if you do, it's a whole new ball game... be sure to check out this page for some good info:

http://www.sportsgamer.com/madden_09/training_camp/
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

wow....great link.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Great post and game, Magnum!

I've been an NCAA Football series fan, like tHa_KhAn, and haven't bought Madden in quite some time. My wife probably won't approve both, but I should be able to convince her that one football title is needed to fulfill my sports needs. Plus, she enjoys football and probably knows more about it than most fans, so it might be something she plays with me. Anyone have both and believe there's a clear-cut winner between the two?

College football would be hard to pass up, since it's one of my favorites series and I enjoy it over the pro game, but I'm more eager to get the better title for the Xbox 360.

Comment

They shoulda challenged that right foot @ the 0:05s mark! There's some evidence there...
            |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

ya, I kinda thought so too, but I'm not telling. ;)
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I bet after that last minute interception you were jumping and screaming.. Intense!!

..my wife won't let me have an xbox360.. :-( 'sniff..
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

actually I was, my 13 year old daughter came out to see what the commotion was, i told here about the great interception...she rolled her eyes and walked back in her room... no respect. ;)
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X