Armor Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor Discussion

Clodhopper, Delta and I had a brief discussion about armor during a recent session of Terrorist Hunts that I thought would be best finished on the forums. First, there are actual levels of armor that provide a certain amount of protection, which are represented by bars in a character’s outfitting menu. The more protection a character uses, however, the less agile they are upon the field of battle. The levels are as follows:
    • None - Zero bars, offers no protection, swiftest mobility
    • Light - One to three bars, offers minimal protection (10%), slight decrease in mobility
    • Medium - Four to six bars, offers moderate protection (25%), modest decrease in mobility
    • Heavy - Seven to ten bars, offers substantial protection (40%), significant decrease in mobility

There is a slight difference within each level. For example, a character with two bars will be able to withstand more than someone with one. However, the variance is probably not enough to warrant either going up or down a level.

Second, armor is cumulative over a character’s body. Whether it is a vest, shoulder pads, or shin guards, the only thing that really matters is the total level of protection. The game does not differentiate between parts of the body.

Which brings us to the third aspect, headgear. Helmets do not offer increased protection, nor do they prevent headshots. They are merely aesthetic in nature, so there is no real need to worry about sporting a bandana over a lightweight helmet. Well, other than personal preference and style.

So, what’s everyone tend to use and do you find yourself changing it up for certain situations?

Re: Armor Discussion

Originally posted by Pfeil22 View Post
    Which brings us to the third aspect, headgear. Helmets do not offer increased protection, nor do they prevent headshots. They are merely aesthetic in nature, so there is no real need to worry about sporting a bandana over a lightweight helmet. Well, other than personal preference and style.
    That royally pisses me off. Why even HAVE helmets as an option if they do absolutely nothing.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Same reason they put in pink camouflage, obviously! What bothers me is how everyone has night vision and thermal vision. The way I figure it, you only get that option if equip the actual gadget.

Good thing I have an imagination though; every time I put my night vision on, I pretend I have James Bond's sunglasses.

On topic;
      I tried running around with 4 bars of protection and 2 bars of protection. I prefer the movement aspect of it all. Doesn't matter what I'm wearing, I die in one shot... I want to at least make it hard for my shooter to actually tag me.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
        That royally pisses me off. Why even HAVE helmets as an option if they do absolutely nothing.
        Headgear is included under the clothing menu, so it shouldn’t be much of a surprise that helmets offer no additional protection. The same could be said for the various shirts and pants, since some of them supposedly have extra padding and reinforced areas. It probably came down to the fact that Ubisoft figured they couldn't afford to confuse Timmy with too much realism.

Comment

I sit at the midpoint between armor and mobility. it seems to work well for me, I'm fast enough to reach cover and can take a hit.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Agreed, Khan. I really haven't noticed ANY difference in mobility to be honest with you all. The only thing that is noticeable for me is the fact that you run faster with your pistol out. They probably jacked that from CS:S. "You always run faster with your knife!" I'm surprised someone hasn't copyrighted that. Anyhoo, I've tried all the different armors and whatnots, but I haven't noticed a difference in mobility no matter which I choose.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
            Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
            Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X