State of R6V2 at TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of R6V2 at TG

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 has passed the six month mark and I would like to thank everyone that has helped to make it a relative success at Tactical Gamer. While titles such as Frontlines: Fuel of War and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare have become dormant within the Xbox 360 community, R6V2 remains an active title. Its player base may be small, but this forum continues to generate discussions and, more importantly, members are still playing together on a consistent basis.

In fact, over the last month or so, there couldn’t have been but a handful of days that Tactical Gamers were not playing R6V2 in one form or another. Whether it be helping each other through the campaign, cooperatively eliminating terrorists, or battling each other in adversarial matches, members of the community have gotten together on Xbox LIVE to enjoy tactical gameplay and teamwork in a mature environment. This may not seem noteworthy when compared to the success of some of the more popular PC titles, but it’s a big milestone for Xbox 360 gamers at TG.

There is a small group of members that have consistently been involved in this forum and continue to play on a regular basis that deserve special recognition for helping make R6V2 the premiere title for TG on the Xbox 360. They are, in no particular order:
    • Magnum50
    • Clodhopper
    • Delta
    • tHa_KhAn
    • Calvin

R6V2 hasn’t been a total success, however, as it has failed to build a player base large enough to conduct regular community adversarial matches and has had brief periods of inactivity. Since the Xbox 360 offers members a dizzying array of games and the upcoming season of releases looks to include more than a few blockbusters, there is also a good chance interest in the title may wane over time. We have a lot of work ahead of us to keep R6V2 an active title and a showcase for TG on the Xbox 360, so look forward to some upcoming events, contests and discussions geared toward strengthening the community.

If you have previously been involved with R6V2 at TG and moved onto other titles, please give it another try. There are plenty of members still playing the game on a regular basis and it remains one of the better tactical options on the Xbox 360 with its new High Stakes mode. We always seem to be in the need of more players for adversarial matches and they are one of the few real TG havens on Xbox LIVE.

“Enough talk. It’s time to get down to business.” - Rainbow Six Rogue Spear: Urban Operations

Re: State of R6V2 at TG

R6V2 is a great game, mainly since the patch that fixed the enemy spawn problem... but you said it yourself, it's already 6 months old... where the hell are the map packs, 3 maps re-done don't count, We need good map packs like R6V1 had with the red and black packs. Frankly. I'm tired of the included maps, and open servers are still a joke... We need 3 things for R6V2 to survive:

1. map packs
    2. enough TG members for force on force
    3. or Start challangeing other tactical groups to matches

Oh, and you have to stop other games from being released like BFBC, which just announced 4 new conquest maps coming for Fall, Far Cry 2 that looks great and has a excellant map editor, GRAW2 which is the greatest tactical shooter and has over 50 maps... and many others.

JMO
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Maybe with this we can peak a little more interest in it and get some decent adversarial matches going. I LOVE Team Leader, and Team Deathmatch with a group of people who would be worried about holding a side of the map as opposed to spawn camping would be incredible fun.
      *keeps dreaming*
      -

Comment

and now add OFP2 and ARMA2 to the list. ;)
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I love R6V2, but there are starting to be so many games. They need some fresh content to lure people back. I still enjoy playing COOP story because everytime I seem to find something new.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I'm always down for adversarial modes with you guys but I really have no interest in terrorist hunt anymore. There's nothing tactical about mowing down waves of enemies who pile into the same choke point. It sucks that you have to be cheap like that to beat those levels because if you try to tactically sweep each room you end up with the AI spawning on top of you or blasting you from nowhere with superhuman aim. Even if you manage to get the drop on one of them their death, however silent, somehow alerts every terrorist within 500 miles to your exact location. I guess they evolved some kind of hive mind!

Comment

We are Borg. Resistance is futile.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

I appreciate everyone’s response and agree that there is plenty of work to be done to make R6V2 a true success. It seems to me that adversarial matches are the next step, as cooperative gameplay is starting to become repetitive for many of us, and that is an area that seems to plague the whole Xbox 360 community at TG. I have a few ideas that may help move things forward for the title. They include some of the following:
                • Promote R6V2 within the community
                • Advertise TG within the R6V2 community
                • Establish a competitive team
                • Host regular gaming sessions

It will take a lot of hard work to build a viable member base for this or any another game on the Xbox 360. The ultimate questions, however, have more to do with the state of console gaming as a whole, rather than R6V2 itself. Do we have enough members that view the Xbox 360 as a viable option for the type of gameplay we all enjoy in the various PC games that define TG? Are there enough like-minded gamers within the Xbox 360 community to draw from to increase TG membership on the Xbox 360? Can we actually rally around certain titles or does the nature of the console platform ultimately come down to what the people on your friends list are playing at a certain time?

What led to this tangent is the fact that there are over 25,000 registered TG members, but only 85 participating in our Xbox LIVE Leaderbaord and probably fewer who have actually gotten together on Xbox LIVE to play something. There are even less that play R6V2 together or even show an interest in the title. If the next hurdle is trying to find enough members to play adversarial matches, it seems to me that the deck is stacked against us without addressing the bigger issues.

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
                I LOVE Team Leader, and Team Deathmatch with a group of people who would be worried about holding a side of the map as opposed to spawn camping would be incredible fun.
                This is a perfect example of what probably brought most of us to this community in the first place. It’s also what we’ve come to expect when playing PC titles such as Battlefield 2, ArmA or Counter-Strike on servers hosted by TG. Now, we need to figure out how to establish the same thing for R6V2 on the Xbox 360.

Comment

Well, you've mentioned a very viable point. The fact that out of our 25,000+ members, 85 are registered for XBL. Also taken into account that while some of those TGers may HAVE the game, not everyone likes it. I think I was playing with one of Khan's buddies who rented it or something, but he didn't like it. My point is that while we may be able to establish a fully-fledged Xbox community in due time, it might even take LONGER for an RSV2 section to arise. It's really just a matter of people's personal preferences.

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

I don’t want anyone to get the impression that I’m saying it’s time to throw the towel in on R6V2. It may not be the definitive tactical shooter, but it’s one of the better titles out now for the type of gameplay we enjoy at TG. I just felt it was important to note that some of the issues we face aren’t necessarily problems with the game itself.

Comment

You know, if CoD4 (360) had a Host Server option, we could probably get more players on that, but unfortunately it doesn't. Someone needs to bring that to the Infinity Ward forums or something. They need to give you the ability to create your own server.

Comment

I get very lonely sometimes =(
                        |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin View Post
                          I get very lonely sometimes =(
                          ..Eh? On CoD? Dude, hit me up. I'd be glad to pop you in the face.

Comment

I prefer R6 to COD4, but I still enjoying playing it. I think if R6V2 is going to be the core platform, we should really focus on meeting new players on XBL. I have met several guys that are a perfect fit for TG. They love the tactical side and using good comms over the run and gun. Heck I found one long time military guy that might be tactical enough for even Magnum :)

IMO, the TG kind of players are out there already and always seemed to be startled and surprised when I suggest I cover their flank instead of screaming PWN THEM ALL!!! However, I do feel the friends list is the primary meeting up place for console gamers. If we can get them to the site I'm sure most would be glad to discuss tactics and review games. TG is much more inviting to tactical minded gamers than official Xbox forums. Now we really just need to get Apophis off his PS3 :P
                            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...