MSN Messenger and Xbox LIVE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSN Messenger and Xbox LIVE

I may be starting to sound like a fanboy, but I had another great experience with my Xbox 360 that I wanted to share with everyone. This afternoon, I actually used and enjoyed the MSN Messenger feature that links your Windows Live ID with your Xbox LIVE account. While doing some work on my PC, Lorax74 and I struck up an IM conversation. I suddenly remembered that the Xbox tab in Messenger displays your friends list, so I clicked on it to see who was on Xbox LIVE.

Though nobody was playing anything, I decided to take a break and fire up my Xbox 360. During a lull in my conversation with Lorax, I logged off of my PC and into Xbox LIVE. Within a few seconds I returned to our chat via the link feature. A couple of minutes later and Iím playing the Castle Crashers demo as Lorax goes on about his love of fish tacos. The interface was easy to use and the Messenger pack for my controller made it as simple as typing on a keyboard.

My wife and I have friends and family that live quite a distance away, so this discovery will go a long way toward staying in touch with some of them. Not a groundbreaking feature, but something that makes it even harder to look at our Xbox 360 as just a gaming platform. I just have to make sure she doesnít figure out this can be used to show her whether or not Iím playing games during the middle of the day!

Re: MSN Messenger and Xbox LIVE

ya, the problem...you can only be logged into one at a time...either PC or your 360... if you could stay logged into both it would be better... I have it on my PC and 360, but I don't auto connect it on the 360, due to it logging me out of my PC.

FAN BOY!
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Re: MSN Messenger and Xbox LIVE

The video chat option is also really handy to communicate with your friends/family.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X