FM2 Fall Endurance Race Announced...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM2 Fall Endurance Race Announced...

Gentlemen, due to popular demand, I am please to announce the FM2 Fall Endurance Race, played via XBL on the Xbox 360 platform.

On October 4th, 2008 at Noon Eastern, 8 racers will meet on the most demanding track of Forza Motorsports 2. The famous Nurburgring Nordschleife, a 12.90 mile track with a number of turns, strait-aways, and hills. It takes just under 10 mins to drive this track once, depending on skill and vehicle. (9:21 is the Benchmark lap time.)

The 8 drivers have there vehicle of choice, the only exception is NO race cars.

We will connect 15 minutes prior to race time, we will be on the grid in reverse performance order.

Class D cars will leave first, 30 seconds later class C, and so on. (I will have a timer and announce when a class can begin.)

This is a endurance race, don't wreck, don't blow your engines, don't destroy your tires... pit if needed, we will be doing 5 laps, yep... thats 50 minutes of non-stop racing. Be prepared.

If you have an Xbox 360, an XBL account, and FM2 (which can be bought for 20 bucks now, with ALL the cars and tracks), then sign up here in this thread. If you have a friend interested, feel free to invite, but regular 360 gamers from this group have priority positions.

See you on the track! Good Luck!
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: FM2 Fall Endurance Race Announced...

You can count me in on this event, Magnum. I enjoyed the previous one held for Forza Motorsports 2 and think an endurance race will be a lot of fun. It will be a nice break from shooters, as well, and I look forward to seeing everyone on the track.

Comment

I might go pick up Forza for this. I have really enjoyed our XBL sessions. Are all the tracks and cars required? I doubt I would have enough game time to get it all done, but maybe it's easy.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

not for this race... but anyway...FM2 Platinum edition includes every track and car ever released for the game... 20 bucks, it's worth it... but don't buy it just for this one race... TG (and SimHQ) members are famous for not really showing up for scheduled events. ;)
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Despite Magnumís pessimism, the last series he organized for FM2 was a lot of fun and those of who did participate in it enjoyed several weeks of races. This event is a little different in that itís a single endurance race, but donít let that discourage you. There is still plenty of time to learn the basics and feel comfortable enough not to embarrass yourself.

The track selected for this event, Nurburgring Nordschleife, is included with the game and a good number of decent cars can be unlocked within a few hours of gameplay. FM2 has a ton of single player content, much of which Iím not even close to completing with several hours of play under my belt, and you can always find a race on Xbox LIVE. If you enjoy racing simulators, this is one title you shouldnít miss on the Xbox 360.

Comment

http://www.spike.com/blog/nrburgring-new/68043
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

/signs
              |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

I have the first forza, I just never got around to getting the second. Best Buy didn't have it the other night I was there so I will have to check elsewhere.
                |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Magnum and I got some practice in this afternoon and this race is going to a monster. It had been a few months since I last played FM2, so it took some time to feel comfortable behind the wheel, and my final lap was somewhere around the 08:33 mark. I look forward to getting some more practice in with everyone over the next few weeks.

Comment

Just a friendly reminder to anyone that enjoys racing, this event is coming up soon. Magnum and I have been conducting semi-regular practices and 5 laps seem to be just the right length. It’s demanding and can take close to an hour to complete, but far from being tiresome. We can still use a few more drivers to fill out the field, so sign up and join us on the track.

Comment

I'll sign up, but can't promise I'll be there.
                      -

Comment

Just a reminder, this race is this SATURDAY!

No sign up needed, just simply be on XBL at Noon Eastern, with the game (FM2) running, and I'll send you an invite.... if I'm not in your friends list, be sure to add me, but try and let me know, I decline people I don't know, too many one timers. ;)

This Saturday folks, rev up the engines.
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

/anti-signs

I think I may be working Saturday =(
                          |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

open 5 lap practice, race settings... FRIDAY, 2 PM Eastern... not mandatory to race Saturday.
                            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

We'll have to see about Friday, if its later on in the evening. I usually get together with some friends friday night... if I can't convince em to play some Forza (which shouldn't really take much convincing...), I won't be there.

But if I can, would you mind 3 other folks? All over the age of 30... two of which are former TG members; Usarion and Scooper.

Just fair warning. If I am able to attend on Saturday; I'll be racing my D-class VW Golf. You've been warned!
                              -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X