After Action Report: 05 September 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Action Report: 05 September 2008

This evening brought another solid session of R6V2 for TG. Delta and I started the night off by finding a public server hosting Attack & Defend that included a full team using some basic tactics and actually communicating with each other. It was nice to hear terms such as covering fire and flanking being thrown around with some regularity. We ended up either planting or defusing a lot of bombs with relative ease, as the other team didnít seem to have their act together.

After losing connection to the host, Delta threw up his own server and we started the process of seeding it. The first few matches were a little rough with only two players to a side, but Clodhopper wandered in fashionably late and it was fun to spend some time hunting for each other. It wasnít long before we had a full server and enjoyed quite a few rounds of intense action playing Team Deathmatch. Delta, Clodhopper and I were able to effectively shut down one section of the map for quite a long time by covering our flanks and staying focused on each other.

Well into the early morning, we switched things up and changed over to Team Leader. It was great to finally be able to play this fantastic game mode with other players that actually talked to each other and worked as a team to accomplish a mission. The Mudertown map provided for some great CQB exchanges and even a few opportunities to do some sniping at a decent distance.

This session also went a long way to proving to me that we can play adversarial matches as a group. There is certainly a lot of work involved to pull it off with some sense of maturity on Xbox LIVE, but Delta did a tremendous job of kicking spawn campers and disruptive players. If we rotate hosts to avoid placing the administrative burden on one member, there seems to be no reason we canít enjoy regular Versus matches. We may even interest a few players to find out what TG is all about and visit the forums.

Re: After Action Report: 05 September 2008

We had a great follow up to this session with a Saturday afternoon of adversarial matches. Clodhopper fired up a High Stakes server and we enjoyed several rounds of Team Leader. Once we seeded to capacity, the room stayed full for most of the session and we were able to get all TG members on one team. There were very few disruptive players and a couple even mentioned that they enjoy the more tactical settings.

Overall, a fantastic afternoon of R6V2!

Comment

That was fun, had some pretty decent matches!
      -

Comment

Very much so. Renji signed up here at TG, but I think he needs to be schooled a little in how we play. He has a basic idea, so that's a start.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Great games Saturday. I'm looking forward to more.

Renji the glock warrior? he he
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Yeah dude. Glock warrior. For those who didn't know, he took down about 20 AI on Realistic in Murdertown as the last man alive. It was ridiculous.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
            Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
            Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X