who here, console gamers, use Steam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who here, console gamers, use Steam?

Just wondering... who here that plays console games also has a Steam account?
    http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php

The reason I ask, is that I'm trying to figure out how best we can organize our game time with each other, while playing the games we like, and everyone scheduling a session they would like to run or organize.

If we created a Xbox 360 user group in Steam, we could post announcements, schedule events, etc etc...

or any other idea... just thinking out loud here. Feedback welcome.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: who here, console gamers, use Steam?

I use both.

Comment

I went ahead and did it anyway, if it don't work out... I'll simply delete it...

feel free to join if you have an Xbox 360 and an XBL account and wish to participate in an occasional MP game... be sure to check the schedule for events, or make some of your own.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Xboxusergroup
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Joined... so how does this work now?
        -

Comment

well if you have the steam account installed... just like any other community program... ie: Messenger or whatever... you open it up it shows you the upcoming scheduled events, you can make events or announcements, etc etc... it works better with PC games supported by Steam, so then you can join in progress and all, but for the 360 community, just a way to organize when and what to play.

www.steamgames.com will give you a tutorial.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

BTW, I don't think you HAVE to have steam installed, if you just create the account you can check it online... I think.

Last edited by Magnum50; 09-08-2008, 09:29 PM.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Well hopefully this helps some!
              -

Comment

Im in, dont know about how much ill be lookin at everything but If I see something that catches my eye Ill join in sometime,
                "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I like the idea, Magnum. We could certainly use a few basic tools to help organize sessions and build the Xbox 360 member base within the community. Itís a shame Microsoft hasnít added any features to help support clans, communities and groups. However, I do remember reading something about a new feature with the upcoming update that will allow friends to conduct group chats and move from game to game with each other.

While I think Steam and its group feature is fantastic, Iím not sure how well it would carry over to the Xbox 360. Iím not trying to knock the idea itself, but it really is intended to support their games on the PC. We could essentially do the same types of things with a forum moderator. Throw a Gaming Officer into the mix and I think weíd be golden, but thatís another topic altogether.

A lot of groups are using Silver Xbox LIVE accounts to work around some of these issues. We could create one called Tactical Gamer, for example, and its friends list would essentially be a master list of members on XBL. You could then see everyoneís status and what they are playing in one specific area. It could also be used to send group messages or reminders about upcoming gaming sessions. The only downside is that this account would be the sole property of one user and non-transferable should that person leave TG.

Comment

You can use it or not... Members were complaining no one plays, just trying to find a way to make it more official, more organized... if Apophis or whoever could create a event calender for TG Xbox 360 users, along with this forum, then we wouldn't need it.

I know TG has a calender feature already, but it's cluttered with member birthdays and many many PC scheduled events, our events would just get lost... if we had a small calender that highlighted the dates something was scheduled on a sidebar, or an event list...then that would be great... not sure how much support and dedication admins of TG want to give console gamers.

You do NOT need to be a member of Steam, or have it installed... right now you can go to the below link... where I have scheduled a few planned events on the calender, even that distant endurance race in October... you'll also noticed I used the announcement tool to post what games was released today for the 360, (NHL 09 and NHL2K 09)... so unless someone else can come up with something better, this seems to work... when it no longer does, i simply delete the group.

Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X