Graw 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graw 2

I just thought of this, but all of you are real big on GRAW, right? Shouldn't there be a sub-forum for that?

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Graw 2

Iím not sure what the requirements are to warrant a separate discussion area, but it could be as simple as requesting one. The console sub-forums within titles are relatively new and only started with Frontlines: Fuel of War. Iím not sure how far Tactical Gamer wants to separate platforms, so we could just post in the main Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter forum and make sure to include Xbox 360 in our titles.

I started playing GRAW 2 long after the regular Saturday sessions were in place and certainly have a lot of questions that Iíve forgotten to post along the way. A separate forum might draw some more attention to the title, as well. Itís another great choice for the community and there are plenty of tactical and strategic discussion we could have about it.

Comment

After a few attempts with Clodhopper and Delta at a mission without assists, GRAW 2ís version of kicking it old school, I have to admit this game still holds up as one of todayís best tactical shooters. We need to get some regular gaming sessions of this back into our rotation. It might be worth taking a look at setting up a TG clan, which can be done in-game, and developing some basic tactics and strategies to use as a group. Our three man fire team really started to click toward the end of the session and thatís with one inexperienced member and two trying to shake off a lot of rust. I canít imagine the fun weíd have running missions together after a couple times a week of solid gaming.

GRAW 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 are two Xbox 360 titles that almost seem made for TG. A healthy dose of both should go a long way toward helping to build this part of the community. If a sub-forum for the console version would help, letís request one and try to spark some more interest in this great title.

Comment

GRAW2 is still the best game on the 360 IMO... love it, wish we played it more... problem is, like I mentioned before... no stats tracking, which seems to be important now-a-days... maybe GRAW3 will...

BTW, there is an achievement completing a mission with no assist or markers, achievement "old school".
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Delta, myself and a few pubbies finally finished it last night, however, even with full assists off, no respawns, and all that good stuff... he didn't recieve that achievement.

Regardless of the fact, if we play GRAW2, I suggest we kick it oldschool again. Achievement or not, that was intense!
          -

Comment

I didn't get the achievement because it needed to be on one of the new maps from the packs. I did get the "Perfect" Co-Op achievement though. Can you define "stat tracking" Magnum? Are you talking about for a single mission, or for total kills, deaths, accuracy %, et cetera? If either are the case, it really shouldn't matter. As long as the mission is completed.

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

what i mean is the new thing in games is rank and stats... R6V2, CoD4, BFBC...etc etc... GRAW2 was before those times where you didn't get stats tracked, unlocks and promotions.

but after playing 4 or 5 perfect 2 man missions with Pfeil today... I'm reminded why this is STILL the greatest game released on the 360 so far.

BTW: heres some screens and videos of us doing co-op GRAW2 back not to long ago when we were big into it.
              http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/xbox.htm
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I went ahead and requested a separate forum:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/server-...ml#post1089343

The more we have played GRAW 2 this week, the more I've come to realize we can do a lot with this title and it should have its own area for discussion. If you have a spare moment, please show your support for this idea.

Comment

I enjoyed the demo, but I original felt RV62 wasn't going to be more tactical. I think I might have to pick this game up again.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

if your talking about GRAW2...get the platnuim edition, or whatever M$ calls it... like FM2 platnuim, they come with ALL the map packs... and cheap now.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Two key factors with GRAW2 that trump the new Rainbow Six series;
                      1) Large outdoor maps
                      -maps dealing with both urban and less civilized areas (forest, desert, foothills, etc). Some of which offer different lighting & weather options (don't get too excited about this; while those options exsist, they are limited).

2) PATROLLING A.I.
                      -None of that spawn-in when you reach marker X bull. They spawn in when you do... and they patrol.
                      -Enemy reacts to sound, noticeable movements and silhouettes... not "Player has triggered mark Y, engaging".

If you can't find the platinum version, and are still interested in snagging it, look out for the September issue of the Official Xbox Magazine, they're giving away the two co-op packs for free, leaving you to only purchase the throwback packs (2).
                      -

Comment

GRAW 2 is a fantastic game, Khan. It's worth picking up just to play with everyone at TG, but the campaign is also solid enough to keep you entertained for several hours. You may also enjoy the squad level action, as it resembles ArmA and the Battlefield series much more than R6V2. The gameplay isn’t the same, especially with some of the more realistic settings Clodhopper forces us to use, but the larger number of soldiers in a squad, some ability to control vehicles and expansive outdoor maps offer more of a modern infantry feel than a small team of operators in an urban setting.

Comment

Ehh, there ARE some downsides, yet they don't even come CLOSE to out-weighing the perks. One is that there's virtually no bullet penetration unless it's through a bush. Secondly, the AI seem a little too keen as to where your position is.. Other than that though, ****ing beautiful game. Pardon the French.

Comment

I really enjoyed playing GRAW 2 with everyone this weekend. Our normal Saturday session was a little hectic with connectivity issues, but we still managed to get some great Co-op Elimination missions in together. Sunday brought another great night of Co-Op Campaign missions and it was a lot of fun to hack my way through the bush with other members.

These sessions have rekindled my interest in this great tactical shooter. In fact, I failed to even play Rainbow Six Vegas once this past week. Let’s hope we can drag a few more members into future sessions and get things rolling again for GRAW 2.

Comment

I wonder if Wal-Mart has the platinum editions of both Forza and Graw. I couldn't find Forza at Best Buy.
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...