Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first NHL 09 game... videos... info...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first NHL 09 game... videos... info...

Now I've never been much of a hockey fan, but do love all my Florida Team sports, and growing up outside of Tampa Florida, I got to know the Tampa Bay Lighting, along with the Florida Panthers... and remember playing both those teams while in the army on my Sega Genisis... but never been to a game, and don't watch it too much on TV...

Now take away the nice graphics, the nice sounds, and the excellent presentation, along with some good stick (controller) handling... and give create to the dude that sat down with pen and paper and said "now how can we really make this game better?" because this guy deserves all the praise for this years version of NHL 09.

Fantastic presentation and features bring this years version up a notch, IMO.

From the start, you create your own character, assign yourself a number, pick your position and your in. Your character, if you choose to play it both online and off, starts in the minor leagues and must perform and improve, to eventually be picked for the pros, all your stats are tracked, not only gameplay stats, but if you play as a team (pass the puck), if you stay in your assigned zone etc etc... some really deep and good stuff for people who want to take there character from the start to stardom.

Thats just a little, this wasn't meant to be a review, but there is so much in this game this year. play against a friend with one click, create your own team and invite 5 friends to it. play against other teams 5 vs 5, it's all in there... this is probably the most complete hockey game I've ever played, and I've played most of them since the first ones on the Sega Genisis... probably the most thought out presentation of any sport game... again IMO...

OK, enough with the sales pitch, (and if you don't like hockey, don't buy this.)

I got into my first game, I played as the Florida Panthers (they were higher rated) against the Tampa bay Lighting... I was surprised to get my first 2 goals in the first quarter... I thought this was my first one, but it was actually my second, a 2 pass goal.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/548999

so then TB comes back and scores 2 in the second to tie it, up, the third period starts, I score another... winning 3 to 2 with 20 seconds left, TB gets a goal to tie it and send it into OT... in less then a minute, they score the winning goal... I lost, but it was one hell of a first game.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/549293

BTW... NHL 09 has the best damn video capturing so far in the EA Sports series, still no sound or whatever... but you watch a replay, mark it start and finish then can change camera angles, add effects or whatever...edit it then upload it... you can also take screenshots like the one below... pretty cool... EA Sports news to keep this feature and improve upon it. IMO

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/photo/549115
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: My first NHL 09 game... videos... info...

Nice Magnum! I need to make a video or two at some point... call it the "Don't do what Clodhopper does" series.

Got the game myself... not much of a Hockey fan (yeah yeah, I swear I'm Canadian!) but I had to snag this one. Believe it or not, I traded in Too Human for it!
    -

Comment

Very cool. Uploaded my first video... figured it had to be something good, so this is my first goal! Enjoy!
      Click me.
      -

Comment

nice, high corner shot.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Shameless plug... feel free to rate the video !
          -

Comment

I love checking in this game... satisfying... http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/579415

PS
            I'm #82, or, that truck that hit #26.
            :row__642:
            -

Comment

ya, hitting is something i do good... all my games I have like x5 in the hit stats. lol
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Heh, I know it
                -

Comment

My first online win, only goal scored in whole game.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/607478
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X