Community Newsletter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Newsletter

I know Magnum and a few others try to keep this forum updated with the latest news regarding the Xbox 360 in general, but I wondered what everyoneís thoughts might be on a weekly thread geared toward tactical gaming. It would be similar to a newsletter with information gathered from around the Internet on games, events or other noteworthy items that fit Tactical Gamerís style of gameplay. This wouldnít be to limit posts about the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade release or Fable 2, but simply a recap about tactical and teamwork orientated titles for our members.

This is just a brief outline and we could eventually add previews, reviews and articles by and about the community. If itís successful, we might be able to shed a brighter spotlight on the Xbox 360 at TG.

Re: Community Newsletter

I’ll take the resounding silence as a no and head back into my hole.

Comment

hey, i'm all for it... but i have learned that alot of stuff members do for this group just never go anywhere, or no feedback or display of appreciation... i'm not saying that just to be negative, i've seen it for years here, as a article contributor, content group member, and screens/videos members posted.

It's kinda funny/sad... because i share most of the same info at SimHQ, get tons of feedback, good and bad, and appreciation... which drives me more to do/share more.

Must be the demographics of gamers here and there, anyway... good luck, but you'll be doing work for just a few.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I agree with you, Magnum. It’s been more than frustrating trying to spark some interest in the Xbox 360. Fifty members might view a thread and you're lucky if one responds to it. Even fewer seem interested in playing together. I guess this was just a wakeup call for me.

Comment

I'd have responded to this thread, but I really don't have anything for you but negativity.

Something like this would be a wasted effort, as nothing seems to be kick-starting ANYTHING for the console world here at TG. We've not even gotten word/result for the new GRAW forum, let alone any kind of regular presence larger than a number of people I can count on my hand.

I've actually been exploring alternate communities just to get into something where they've got the numbers to support weekly (or daily) adversarial gameplay. With the, what, 5, maybe 6 regulars, TG just can't/won't supply it.

Sorry for not showing any support for this particular idea, or replying to the thread at all (I'm actually feeling mighty guilty that I haven't now), but I just don't feel there's any point. This XBox360 forum is ignored by the exceptionally large TG XBox community, and beyond.
          -

Comment

No worry, Clodhopper. I figured the few members that do frequent this forum would have supported the idea anyway. This was more to gauge general interest in providing news geared toward the community and it shouldn't have surprised me that nobody was interested in such a project.

Comment

I mean, if we can get SOMETHING started for the Xbox, which is why I thought up that CoD idea, then we might be able to gauge interest in other titles of which we host. This sounds like a good idea that's in the right direction, it's just TG isn't ready for it yet.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

I have had some time to think about this a bit more and feel it would be a shame to throw in the towel on this idea. While we may have been unable to drum up a lot of interest within the TG community, there are certainly plenty of Xbox 360 gamers out there that are looking for a place to call home. We may offer tactics and teamwork in a mature environment, something rare on Xbox LIVE, but there isnít much to show potential members at this point. If we can establish even a small gaming schedule, give the forums a facelift and spark some good discussions, we might be able to start attracting more like-minded players.

A regular newsletter highlighting games, events and discussions relevant to the Xbox 360 at TG is another step along the way. It may not receive much attention at first, but we need something that shows gamers what this community is about and the types of things they can expect as a member. Iíll put a sample together soon and post it to get everyoneís feedback.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X