Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

I was wondering if anyone was planning to pick up Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway? The bonus disc included with the November issue of Official Xbox Magazine has a video walkthrough of one of the missions and the game looked fantastic. The player was able to separate his squad into a machinegun unit and an assault team to command over the battlefield. Suppressive fire actually seemed to work, they pulled off a great flanking maneuver, and it uses a cover system that is also destructible.

I know World War II is getting old for a lot of gamers, but there is nothing like wielding an M1-Garand and fighting off the Nazis in a game with a decent storyline. BIA:HH follows the Operation Market Garden timeline and is based on the novel of the same title by Colonel John Antal. He provided some commentary throughout the OXM walkthrough and seemed to have done a good job of making sure the game is historical and realistic as possible.

The game is scheduled to be released on 23 September and seems like a great title to play cooperatively with someone. I haven’t played any of the other titles in this series, so I might just rent it to play through the campaign, if nobody is planning to buy it.

Re: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Getting both the 360 version and PC version...for reviews at SimHQ. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Holy christ, when was this date announced? A month ago it was "To be announced."

!!
      I'm getting it... Blockbuster is about to recieve 4 games...
      -

Comment

1 week till game release...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40243.html
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I'll probably rent it for the exact reason you mentioned, Pfeil. I'm sick of WWII games. I prefer to stick to more modern combat, and basketball games. :D

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
          Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
          Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

After poking around the Internet about this game, I think I might end up picking it up on Tuesday. I have a half dozen or so lackluster titles that I can trade in towards BIA: HH and it seems to have enough content to keep my interest for more than a weekend. I missed the Call of Duty and Medal of Honor series, opting to play strategy games instead, and haven’t burned out on WWII just yet. Most of the previews I’ve run across have mentioned that it actually breathes new life into the setting with a more cinematic feel and improved gameplay.

Comment

Something to read up on... I haven't put much time into seeing what the multiplayer had to offer. As of now, I think I may just end up renting this, that is, of course, we have more multiplayer options that this person knows. I've looked for official information on this, but have come up empty-handed.

http://forums.xbox.com/22794544/ShowPost.aspx
              -

Comment

I was just about to post the same thing clod... I already have it pre-ordered via steam for the PC... I think I'll pass on the 360 version, due to the limited (one game mode) multiplayer.... save my 60 bucks for Far Cry 2 instead....

Still will play and review the PC version, but will pass on the 360.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Thanks for the link, Clodhopper. If it doesn't include a cooperative campaign, I’ll have to put it back on the rental list. I can’t believe games released nowadays don’t include this game mode. It does, however, still look to be a decent title.

Comment

Oh, a must play to experience the story for sure. The BiA series has done a great job in the past, and this is an improvement over something that was already really enjoyable. I'm going to rent it, keep it for a week or two... then decide on whether or not I want to invest the full price for the mutliplayer.

While the multiplayer mode does sound promising, throw in servers full of public gamers who refuse to use mics, and you've got nothing more than an incredibly frustrating deathmatch.
                    -

Comment

TeamXbox.com published a review and gave BiA: HH an 8.1 out of 10.

Gameplay: 7.8

Originally posted by Andy Eddy
                      There are some solid squad-based-shooter fundamentals here, but the game is weakened by its many flaws. In between gameplay segments, watching the story unfold is equal parts wonderfully crafted drama and time-consuming, interaction-less viewing. And for a war game, the minimalist “multiplayer lite” mode will be unsatisfying to many.
                      Graphics: 8.2

Some visuals within BiA:HH will captivate you and make you forget you’re watching a video game, but there are also numerous glitches and weaknesses that will pull you out of that immersion.
                      Audio: 7.6

The voice acting, which is the backbone of the game’s vivid story presentation, is mostly spot on, though when you’re traversing the battlefields and buildings, there’s awkward repetition and sloppiness.
                      Longevity: 6.2

Once you’ve played through the game, you may want to go back and complete all of the recon views and Kilroy finds, but there’s not much more reason (except to test your skills at the highest difficulty and rack up all of the bold, longevity-inducing achievements). Multiplayer isn’t likely sustainable, especially when there are other titles do it much better.
                      Innovation: 7.1

Most of BiA:HH’s innovation is in its story presentation and depth, while the gameplay is somewhat run-of-the-mill squad-based FPS.
                      Overall: 8.1

Overall Score NOT an average

The three page review was very informative and put this game back on the rental list for me. I'm excited about playing it, but the lack of replay value makes it hard to justify spending full price for this during a season packed with highly anticipated games.

Comment

Well, the release date was today, but I've found out the street date in my area is the 25th. Anyone else have any luck snagging this title today?
                        -

Comment

I'm not one to trust magazine reviews, but just FYI... this months Xbox magazine has a review of brothers in Arms Hell's Highway for the Xbox 360, which was released today...

gave it a 9.0... great squad based action, great sound, great visuals...

Gave low comments for AI glitches and checkpoint saves...

About MP, I quote...

"Think Counter-Strike for multiplayer, The goal is to collect and raise a flag, and the two teams take turns on offense and defense."

So that tells me what I've been reading all along... the SP campaign is great, good story, good action, virtually no real MP... so that tells me, I'm getting it as a digital download (from Steam) to review it for SimHQ... but will pass the 60 bucks for the Xbox 360 version... this will be dead in a month or so, especially with Far Cry 2, Gears of War 2, and World at War all coming soon.

JMO.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360...ls-Highway/p1/

Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

So I take it by everyone's gamertag box that nobody has been able to get a hold of this title today.
                              -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X