TG on the Xbox 360

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG on the Xbox 360

I recently sent friend requests to everyone listed on our Xbox LIVE Leaderboard to try to get a better grasp of how many members actually play on the platform on a regular basis. I let the pending requests sit for a week, which seemed a fair assessment of general activity, and checked up on my list this afternoon. While we sometimes throw around a number of 85 members on XBL, it seems less than half of those are active to any extent. There were a handful that had played during that time and didnít accept my request, but the vast majority hadnít logged into the system for over a month or more. After weeding through the inactive members, I ended up with a total of 35 members on my list.

My initial reaction was one of disappointment, but the more I thought about it, I realized we actually have more members than most clans and more than enough to get things going for the community. However, I believe Iíve only played with 7 of the 35 TG members on my new friends list. The question is how to drum up more activity on the forums to convince everyone to start playing together on a regular basis.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: TG on the Xbox 360

For me it comes down to the games. It seems most of the multi-player tactical minded games I play come for either the PC or X-box. I have generally leaned toward the PC for this type of play, although given the right game I could be interested in some TG minded X-box play.

I do read this forum, but generally don't post, due to my limited time playing the x-box and lack of "same games" that it seems most of the regulars here play. I'm glad to see you and Magnum posting information about new games, and personal opinions about what's out there. Keep it up. What might bring the TG X-box folks together is the next great game to feature good multi-player options. I still play 2142 almost nightly it seems on the PC due to the community, and squad play options it gives.
    |TG-6th|FYAH29
    "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Originally posted by Pfeil22 View Post
      I recently sent friend requests to everyone listed on our Xbox LIVE Leaderboard to try to get a better grasp of how many members actually play on the platform on a regular basis. I let the pending requests sit for a week, which seemed a fair assessment of general activity, and checked up on my list this afternoon. While we sometimes throw around a number of 85 members on XBL, it seems less than half of those are active to any extent. There were a handful that had played during that time and didnít accept my request, but the vast majority hadnít logged into the system for over a month or more. After weeding through the inactive members, I ended up with a total of 35 members on my list.

My initial reaction was one of disappointment, but the more I thought about it, I realized we actually have more members than most clans and more than enough to get things going for the community. However, I believe Iíve only played with 7 of the 35 TG members on my new friends list. The question is how to drum up more activity on the forums to convince everyone to start playing together on a regular basis.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hey Pfeil..

I don't think I saw a message from you.. I'll check again. I am on it a few times a week in various games.. but mainly casual.
      sigpic

Comment

ya, but the question is... "what games are those members playing?" Most seem to be into one or two console exclusive games... maybe only 10 to 15, from the game list play tactical games on the 360... I think alot of people just have an Xbox 360 for the fact to have it, or kids... JMO.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
          ya, but the question is... "what games are those members playing?" Most seem to be into one or two console exclusive games... maybe only 10 to 15, from the game list play tactical games on the 360... I think alot of people just have an Xbox 360 for the fact to have it, or kids... JMO.

I agree with Magnum. I had the console mainly for 1 or 2 games. It is actually the Live experience with local friends and then TG that has gotten me to purchase more games. Despite playing online, playing with tactically minded players really changes the experience. I've met people randomly with Rainbow 6 and I get an invite right away because they play all day waiting for someone to get some teamwork in with. We've just got to encourage people to take a chance and rent some of these games we play regularly and try the TG Xbox Live experience.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I was on last night and didn't see any invitation.

sigpic

Comment

Same, in my opinion. It really depends on who's playing what game. Sorry I haven't been on lately, I've fallen in love with CoD4 on the PC.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Ok well I looked on the Leaderboard and did not see my name. I added my XBL tag to my profile, is there anything else I have to do?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OldCode101 View Post
                  Ok well I looked on the Leaderboard and did not see my name. I added my XBL tag to my profile, is there anything else I have to do?
                  That should get you listed on our Xbox LIVE Leaderboard. Itís a great tool for adding members to your friends list and finding out what everyone else is playing on a regular basis.

Comment

I recently got an XBox 360 as a self-gift. I've been playing Battlefield: BC (loving it) and Castle Crashers along with some GoW. I have my gamertag on my profile (Failure99) if you could add me to your friends list or I can search for you, however you want that to work. I love my PC but the XBox live service is so good and since I have an HD TV the graphics blow what my computer can do out of the water.
                    "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                    -- Red Forman

Comment

I have really enjoyed trying to help build some interest in the Xbox 360 within Tactical Gamer, but I’ve decided to try to look for another community that places more focus on the console. It was a pleasure to play with many of you over the last two years and I look forward to staying in touch with you on Xbox LIVE. The upcoming Forza Motorsports 2 event will be my last as a member of TG. I plan to follow through with the Semi-Pro Cup, but will no longer be a regular visitor to the forums.

Again, it was a blast and I hope to see you on Xbox LIVE!

Comment

same here Pfeil... can't say I didn't see it coming... we've asked for more console support in this community, ie: a GRAW2 forum, console calender for play scedules... it never came... I've quit 2 or 3 times, but then always come back with a new great game, only to see it ruined by mandatory training and rules... I think TG has forgot the basics, and now caters to a certain, Battlefield Action Gamer type crowd... oh well, good luck with the hunt.
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Console Gaming Calendar can be found here.

I didn't see that request before!

I also went ahead and just made the GRAW2 forum in the Xbox section as my plan for the console forums tied into TG isn't working like I wanted it to so I'm still trying to figure out a way to make it work the way I want.
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Thanks Apophis... i know you've been trying...

I'll give it a shot till the end of the year and see how and where we go with this... I put 4 events on the calender, one already occurred yesterday...short notice... be sure to check out the calender and show up for events if possible... I only schedule events for Sat day, thats usually when members of TG and SimHQ get together anyway for MP action on XBL... fell free to schedule your own events.

Hope to see you on the virtual battlefield.
                            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I need to make the calendar more prominent and easier to find. But I want to make separate portals for both the XBox 360 and PS3 off the main site to assist in that.
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X