Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fable II

So...who's getting it?

Ill try to get it day 1 if i can get my grubby little hands on it.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Re: Fable II

I'm starting to reach a point where I can't play all the games I have. I loved the first Fable and I like the way this one is shaping up, but I probably won't be a day 1 guy on this.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I will be there on launch day.

sigpic

Comment

Too many great games coming out, and the first Fable, with all the hype (which this one is also bulding up), let me down big time.

Hard to say if this one will make my play list. I'll wait until it's out, then rent it at some point.
        -

Comment

I’ve read some great reviews about this sequel and think it’s one I’d enjoy a lot. However, Fable II will be a rental for me. As Khan mentioned, there are just too many games and not enough hours in the day to play them. This seems perfect to snag for a long weekend without having to dish out $60.

Comment

My brother pre-ordered it
            It comes out on his birthday.

Wonder if they still pull the huge choice like the first one.
            Uber weapon or sister?
            UBER WEAPON :D

Comment

Well, I happened to be out and stopped by my local Blockbuster. They had one copy of Fable II left, so I snatched it for the week. So far, I'm really enjoying the game and can imagine sinking plenty of time into it over the next few days.

Comment

Ya, I saw you on at like 2 AM, lol, playing it... I noticed it has co-op play, hows that work? has this game compare with Fallout 3? I know 2 different games, but if we could only buy 1...which one is more "for the money"? (based on info released, I know FO3 ain't out yet.)

Trying to decide... if i get one RPG type game which should it be F2 or FO3.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

So...i couldnt resist.

A friend of mine called be in the morning telling me he was going down to EB Games to get Fable II and Dead Space. So I went out with him...and came back with a copy of Fable II.

So far i'm really enjoying the game. I just love the social aspect of it wayyy too much. And the fact you can buy every single building in the game and use it to make profit.

Graphics are awesome. Especially in HD.

@ Magnum
                  Havent tried Coop yet (too poor to afford an XBL time card xD),
                  But as far as I know, you can invite your buddies in your game...so basically they can play with you, in your world. And they can affect the outcome as much as you can. So if a friend of yours wants to kill all the people of town "X", he can...

So basically its the same thing as Single Player...but you're 2 instead of being alone.
                  Also, so far the rumors are, when you go into the game of someone else, you're not playing with your character but as an Henchmen.

But the development diaries clearly stated you would be playing with your own character in somebody else's world. On the other hand. The XP and gold you gather with that henchmen are transfered to your SP avatar. We'll have to give some time to see how it turns out.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

I got about halfway through the main storyline with one character and really enjoyed the game so far. It took some time to get used to the controls and how to interact with everything, so I started a new hero and went back to look at things in more depth. It’s one of those games you can get lost in and suddenly find yourself three hours late for dinner. The characters are wonderful, the environments are rich, and the storytelling is top notch.

I haven’t tried the cooperative gameplay, but was amazed to find a friend’s orb floating in my world. Sadly, I missed the prompt with instructions about how to interact with it. It might be fun for a brief encounter, but I think this really shines as a single player title.

If you like fantasy settings, Magnum, you’ll appreciate Fable II. It’s not elves and dwarves, but there is magic and plenty of monsters. I can’t place a time period, but it feels like a cross between a renaissance fair and Victorian England. You can follow the main plot along very quickly, but the side quests are fantastic, you can explore areas for treasure, you can purchase homes, rent out real estate, become a business owner, take jobs… the list seems endless. There is almost too much to do in this game!

Comment

After playing Mass Effect I really wish the interaction between characters was a lot better. Fable 2 would be awesome if you could choose actual dialogue (like in Mass Effect) instead of emotions. It's also a little disappointing that your character basically doesn't speak at all, even in cut scenes.

The combat also could be a lot better. But, other than that the game is very deep and it's interesting to see how your character develops based on the decisions you make. Even the food you eat plays a large part in the game. Pretty cool, but had potential to be a lot better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                        Ya, I saw you on at like 2 AM, lol, playing it... I noticed it has co-op play, hows that work? has this game compare with Fallout 3? I know 2 different games, but if we could only buy 1...which one is more "for the money"? (based on info released, I know FO3 ain't out yet.)

Trying to decide... if i get one RPG type game which should it be F2 or FO3.
                        I have both of them. Haven't finished F2 yet and just picked up FO3 today.
                        XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

My buddy just finished Fable 2 and is dropping it off today, I should be joining you fable-rs soon.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Is the game worth an XBox360? I used to have a bit of PS3 Fanboyism, and I have a crapload of PS3 games that I may try to sell on ebay soon, to help finance an Xbox purchase. My main selling point would be Fable2, and yes, I realize that I will *probably* have the opportunity to buy it for my PC in about a year, but who wants to wait that long... Plus, I'm sick of playing the exclusivity game...and I should stop now because this is going beyond the scope of Fable 2.

I've seen a few "Perfect" reviews for the game, and a few decent scores?

What are your thoughts on it?
                            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

If you are already thinking about buying an Xbox 360 then I would say Fable II is a game that will convince you that moving to the platform was a good decision. It’s one of the best fantasy role-playing games I’ve run across and it certainly has plenty of replay value. I rented it and enjoyed the main plot, but there was so much I ended up skipping that I might go back and buy it when its price drops a bit. Fable II isn’t exactly perfect, but it’s certainly a game every RPG fan should play through once.

If you are a RPG fan, Mass Effect is another Xbox 360 title that would make it worth picking up a system.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X