Next FM2 Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next FM2 Event

I think everyone that raced in the recent endurance event had a blast and would like to see a monthly Forza Mototrsports 2 session. Clodhopper mentioned American muscle cars for our next event and I think they would be a lot of fun to race with everyone. Road America is one of Magnum’s favorites and seems a decent track for those beasts. I’m unsure about the average lap time on that track, but 8 laps might be the magic number. It would allow everyone a chance to get back into a race without being too long to force us to pit before the end.

We could also add another race with vintage models. Two 8-lap races on moderate tracks shouldn’t take us long to complete and allows everyone the opportunity to prepare two cars for the event. I was thinking of a throwback Saturday, so any model produced before 1988 would open up the second field to non-American cars as well.

A couple of weeks to select a car, tune it to the appropriate track and give it a nice paint job seem reasonable. How would the first weekend in November work for everyone?

Re: Next FM2 Event

Sounds good to me. Are we going to try and keep them in a certain class, or are we going to run the same system as last time?
    -

Comment

I think we should have races where we all use the same car... maybe a 3 race series all in one day, 3 to 5 laps each, that keeps the whole race day about an hour...and we should allow the slots to fill up with AI cars to add to the effect... except for I can no longer play with Pfeil, till he gets rid of that stupid obama avatar! ;) jk
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I wouldn't mind another Endurance race, especially if we could drum up some other players. I know Calvin tried to race with me the other day as I was turning the system off.

Muscle Cars sound good. Right now my Charger is A and I still suck with it. I'm not sure if I have any older cars for the second suggestion, but I'll work on it.

I'll be into Magnum's suggestion once I'm not quite as much of a noob. I turned off all the training wheels and it actually seems easier to race now so I'm on the way.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Great suggestions, everyone. I like the idea of having multiple shorter races to give us an opportunity to develop a few cars each month. Three laps can barely be enough to get tires warmed up, so let’s aim for either five or eight on a medium size track. American muscle seems a consensus for the next event and the vintage category fits the theme. If you don’t have the ability to purchase a certain car, Khan, one of us can gift one to you. I also like the notion of driving the same car against each other. It would certainly highlight our tuning skills and give a better sense of who gets around the track faster.

How about the following for November?
          Race 1: American Muscle – A Class, 8 laps at Road America
          Race 2: Vintage – A Class, 5 laps at Road Atlanta
          Race 3: Shelby GT500 – Stock, 5 laps at Sebring

A Class would mean anything up to the maximum of that particular P.I., but you could certainly race a lesser rated car. Stock means no upgrades, similar to the Factory Spec series in Career Mode.

Comment

For the Shelby Races, can we allow Platform & Handling only (No tire/engine/aero)? This would allow us to tune the cars, while also keeping the cars "stock" in terms of speed and acceleration.

This would also allow us to show off our paint jobs!

Also, for the American Muscle, does that include newer cars like the newer Shelby models?
            -

Comment

Sounds good for November. That way we have time to get the cars in line for the races and some recruiting.

I'll try to get some cash to by something "vintage."
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Like Pfeil said Khan, if you see a specific car you want, we can gift it to you. Upgrades and all. Money isn't really a problem at the higher levels.
                -

Comment

I would prefer the muscle cars be pre-1990 with the second race being the same but open to non-American manufacturers. Handling upgrades sound fine for the Shelby race, but we need to agree on which ones and what level. I’m just trying to move things forward for the group, so feel free to make any suggestions.

Comment

IMO, just don't make it too difficult to understand what were doing... KISS...

Make a date and time, what track, how many laps, sim settings... and IMO, we all should drive the exact same car but can be "tuned". JM 2 cents.

I'd say for Nov. every Sat around noon or 1 or whatever, before we do a regular shooter game like GRAW2 or Far Cry 2 for that time frame.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Well, to clarify what I meant by the upgrades, only these upgrades apply;
                      Under the Platform & Handling upgrade menu
                      • Brakes
                      • Springs & Dampers
                      • Anti-roll bars
                      • Transmission
                      • Clutch
                      • Flywheel
                      • Driveline
                      • Differential

Seems reasonable. This way, we keep the engine, the tires (which, lets be honest, make the difference between a street car and a race car) and the overall look of the vehicle, roughly at spec. All this while also giving us the ability to tune the car to fit our driving style, and allowing us to show off our paintjobs! Using the spec cars right out of the class selections doesn't allow us to show off our funky designs. Not to mention driving those beasts as they are will probably lead to more crashing than racing.
                      -

Comment

Alright, let’s try to nail something down for this event.

Name: Tactical Gamer’s Classics Cup
                        Date: 08 November 2008
                        Time: 12:00PM EST

Race 1 – "Macho, Macho Man" at Road America (8 laps)
                        Entries: American muscle models, Pre-1980, A Class maximum

Race 2 – "Daddy Took the T-Bird Away" at Road Atlanta (5 laps)
                        Entries: Vintage models, Pre-1980, A Class maximum

Race 3 – "Mustang Sally" at Sebring (5 laps)
                        Entries: 1968 Shelby GT-500KR, Stock

Three short races with limited entry requirements. Questions, comments or suggestions?

Comment

sounds good too me.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I second that
                            -

Comment

I should be there, I just have to decide what I want for the vintage race. The older cars I do like are mainly the muscle cars. :)
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...