Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what you buying in this financial crunch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what you buying in this financial crunch?

Man oh Man... Oct and Nov looks to be a great time for gaming, but my question... with all the financial problems in the world today, how or are you changing your buying habits?

I know in Oct we have:

Guitar Hero World Tour w/ the new guitar for 100 bucks (for my kids)
    Fallout 3 for 60 bucks
    Far Cry 2 for 60 bucks

Then in November we have:

Gears of War 2 for 60 bucks
    EndWar for 60 bucks
    Call of Duty World at War for another 60 bucks

and these are just the Xbox 360 games I'm getting...

For the PC in the same time frame:

Far Cry 2 (yep, getting both versions)
    WW2 Battle Tanks
    Steel Fury

thats... over 500 bucks in games alone in a 2 month period, and I'm sure I forgot one or two that I wanted... I can't afford that right now, but will do what I can to get what I can...

So what are you guys doing game wise for the next 2 months?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: So, what you buying in this financial crunch?

In no particular order...

Possible Rentals - $10.00CAD
    • Dead Space
    • Mirrors Edge
    • Fable 2
    • Tom Clancy's: End War
    • Spiderman: Web of Shadows
    • Gears of War 2

Rentals (possible purchases) - $10.00CAD
    • Fallout 3
    • Left 4 Dead

Rentals are officially for one week, but with Blockbuster, you can be a week late, free of charge (two weeks of gaming for $10.00!)

Purchases - $70.00CAD
    • Far Cry 2
    • Call of Duty: World at War

Grand total of roughly $160.00CAD (with the outrageous 14% sales tax here in Saskatchewan)... if I don't rent the games I'm not sure about. Oh dear...
    Last edited by Clodhopper; 10-11-2008, 06:45 PM.
    -

Comment

The economic situation is certainly going to put a damper on my future purchases. Add the fact that my wife is pregnant with our first child and I’ll be lucky to get the chance to buy anything within the next few months. Left 4 Dead is the only one I may pick up on my own. Gears of War 2, the new Guitar Hero and Call of Duty: World at War will be at the top of my list for the holiday season. The next update that brings Netflix to Xbox LIVE and give us the ability to mount games to our hard drive will also place a new hard drive at the top.

My collection might not grow over the next few months, but I’ll have plenty of time to really enjoy the titles that I already own and haven’t played as much as others.

Comment

Ya... if I could only have one game ever to play it would be GRAW2 with all the packs...

I got plenty of games i still need to play... heck, I have 3 sport games i rarely get to play, the classics (for the 360) like FM2 and GRAW2...

Far Cry 2 looks to be a must have, but who knows...could suck in the gameplay department, but sure looks pretty.

Fall Out 3 I could do with out, and maybe will... would be nice to have a big SP RTS/Shooter type game, again...if the gameplay isn't cheezy.

Gears of War 2 looks to be a must have with the new MP features, never really cared for the GoW SP story, just had fun with the MP...

CoD: WaW could be just as great as CoD: modern... but even modern got tiring after the SP story (twice), and the run and gun MP...was great, for about 4 months then died on me, maybe WaW will be the same.

EndWar i should probally rent, thou never rented a game before, lol...

So basically Far Cry 2 and GoW2 seem to be a must have for our "group", others just a maybe.

JMO
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Definitely buying Far Cry 2. Want to buy Spiderman: Web of Shadows, but I think I might rent that one first.. Obama '08!

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
          Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
          Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

My particular job is stable and I was not an idiot with my mortgage so now that gas prices are falling in my area, things are looking much better. Heck, I even made some smart moves with the ole 401k. So my spending habits for 360 aren't going to change much. Gears of War, CoD, and Fable are on my potential buy lists. I have blockbuster online, so I plan on using the e-coupons to rent a few titles to check it out. The Baja 1000 game is also in my sights as I would love a good off road game that isn't all arcade.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I think I'm bumping CoD:WaW into my rental bin.

Treyarch fails in the finer details once again. No weapon recoil, total lack of weapon balance... why am I not surprised?
              -

Comment

Buying: Fable 2, Mirrors Edge, Fallout 3, and COD:WAW, Rock Band 2

sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking of canceling my Fallout 3 pre-order till i hear/see some reviews... not really sure if that game is my cup of tea.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                    I'm thinking of canceling my Fallout 3 pre-order till i hear/see some reviews... not really sure if that game is my cup of tea.
                    If you liked Mass Effect, you will like Fallout 3. It's an RPG Shooter running the Oblivion engine. If you are expecting more than that you will be sadly disappointed.

sigpic

Comment

OMG
                      So many cool games coming out!
                      Well for sure GoW2
                      Maybe fallout if i get the money
                      Not too big on RPG's but i did like mass effect so I'm definitely considering it(Fallout 3)

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
                        I think I'm bumping CoD:WaW into my rental bin.

Treyarch fails in the finer details once again. No weapon recoil, total lack of weapon balance... why am I not surprised?
                        Treyarch should stick to making half-decent Spider-Man games.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X