X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD WAW mp beta info...

http://www.callofduty.com/beta?path=beta
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: COD WAW mp beta info...

OK, I see two friends online playing it... whats it like, any good? first impressions?

(it's a open beta so your allowed to talk about it. ;) )
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Pros
      • Better variety in perks
      • Vehicles
      • Night map with foliage
      • Gore and adult language! (Maybe less kids online due to the rating? Probably not...)
      • CAPTURE THE FLAG!
      • Attack dogs! ARF ARF ARF GRRRRRRRRR!

Cons
      • Zero weapon recoil
      • Community is full of the same 15 year old war experts (rating sure didn't effect beta key giveaway)
      • Balance issues, especially with the bolt action rifles (they're absolutely worthless, even with Stopping power, you get more damage-per-second with a pistol)
      • LARGE influx of turbo controllers? People can fire off EVERY SINGLE semi-auto weapon faster than a full auto, and with no recoil... yeah.

In more detail;
      The gore and adult language is a nice welcome. I had blown off a guys leg with a bazooka and the kill won the round for us; the announcer promptly said a short victory speech including the F word, and the S.O.B. phrase!

Lots of perks, Martyrdom makes a comeback, but it would seem (I heard this from multiple people, but not actually seen it in action yet) it requires you to have a grenade in your inventory when you die for it to work. Among the usual perks, we also gain vehicle perks that include less overheat with machine guns and faster turret controls. Yes, there is a "flak jacket" perk that reduces explosive damage!

Kill spree rewards are neat... recon planes to spot enemies, artillery drops and attack dogs! I tell you, when you hear those dogs coming, you really get wary. You can shoot them though, but sometimes you just don't see em coming...

The weapons need a major overhaul though... they look "blocky" as they always seem to when Treyarch is involved. Balance and realism is also a big issue; all the guns seem to have no recoil at all, and bolt action rifles are useless. 3 shots with my Springfield rifle WITH STOPPING POWER to kill a guy, where as a lot of people using the semi-auto rifles can fire them faster than full auto Tommy guns.

So far, none too impressed with weapon balance, but the maps look nice and the gameplay itself is fun (Will be a lot more fun with friends as the community is still a pile of stinking dog ****). The beta did not include a hardcore mode, which is all I play, so that was a bit of a bummer too. Good, but not CoD4 great... just a beta though.
      -

Comment

Great job , that just about sums it up. I agree 100% The best way to describe it is, that its a mod job for COD4. Just like a mod for pc battlefied changes all the skins and such on the battlefield engine to make it a different war with new maps.
        The maps are really good though, there a little bigger and you can use more stealth then in COD4. If the rest of the maps are as good as the 3 were playing now, I'll be picking it up, even though its a expensive Mod. I wonder how good the Single player will be?
        Desode
        Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Got my code this morning, might check it out tonight.

sigpic

Comment

Thx to Clodhopper, i got me a beta key... played with Clod for about an hour this AM... basically, if you like(ed) CoD Modern Warfare, gameplay wise, perks and all then you will like the MP for World at War... very nice maps, pretty good size for WW2 weapon range, lights and sounds are good... still more of a action shooter then a tactical shooter...

The MP is more like a well done mod to CoD MW then it's own game... just like CoD: MW, i think it will be fun and great for the SP once through, and the MP for about 4 to 6 months, then by then it will be old and most will have moved on. ;)

JMO
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Beta Update (click for direct link to source):
              Hey guys!

Just wanted to give you a heads-up, tomorrow's a big day. We have an update coming to the BETA that will introduce the following:

- Raise the level cap to 23 (new weapons, perks, and challenges)
              - Introduce some Hardcore playlists
              - Add a Search & Destroy playlist

As I mentioned in an earlier sticky, we have collected your feedback and are aware of some anomalies with the BETA. That feedback has been invaluable, and keep it coming. You may not see all the bug fixes tomorrow, but let it be known we're working tirelessly to make sure all the problems are fixed for release.

Also, check out GameTrailers for our new Multiplayer trailer. That trailer will be up on the front page of COD HQ later today!

Regards,
              -JD

Thank goodness we'll get hardcore mode...
              -

Comment

Update: The level cap for the beta update is actually going to be 24 (BOUNCING BETTIES! WOO!)! He must have edited the original post at some point, lol
                -

Comment

After the level 24 level cap increase/"update", I have a few things to add;
                  • Bouncing Betties are brutal...ly fun! Bomb Squad even more-so. The disappointment you hear from an enemy who used the betties, as much as possible, in the post-game lobby is most satisfying ;)
                  • The Martyrdom hasn't been changed. Disappointing.
                  • Hardcore mode changes the gameplay and balances out the weapons nicely. No surprises there.
                  • Some new weapons are pretty interesting. Like the Russian DP-27 machine gun and the rifle made famous in the movie Enemy at the Gates, the mosin nagant (scope is unlockable). And of course, my personal favorite, the M1 Garand which you CAN RELOAD MID CLIP!!
                  • Map glitches STILL an annoyance.

If I think of anything else, or notice anything else, I'll be sure to let you fine people know ;)
                  -

Comment

Well, I’ve seen both Magnum and Clodhopper spending time with this demo and thank both of them for some great insight into the game. I’ve missed all of the Call of Duty series, including Modern Warfare, so this isn’t really on my radar. However, if a core group of Tactical Gamers end up playing it, I doubt I’ll want to miss out on the fun. So, do you think this will be the next big thing or just a flash in the pan?

Comment

IMO, it will be great for a while... like modern was, but then after about 3 months of play, only the diehards will keep playing... that said, i'm enjoying the bet alot, with friends, but we also will have others... hard question to answer.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Hard to say.

On one hand, I really despise the community online. Loud-mouthed kids, lots of ignorant comments and an overall hate for the twitchy turbo-controller-using jumpers. That said, I'm actually really enjoying the multiplayer aspect, as I did with CoD4. Get a couple buddies to play with (heck, even one), and the game just shines.

It's beautiful, it's seamless and it's got great customization options. The differences between Hardcore and "Normal" modes will likely make or break the game for someone. Don't play a round of Normal mode and expect that's all you see, no matter what game mode you chose. The Hardcore folks tend to me a little more methodical with their weapon usage, and with the new 3 Teamkill banning system, it's likely to slow the game down even more-so.

I'm certain I'll be selling a kidney to buy it. It's not a great multiplayer game, but it's a lot of fun, much like Call of Duty 4. With the leveling system for both your avatar and your weapons, as well as challenges & prestige modes, I think it'll be a game you'll turn on every night for a good solid few months, then crank it on at least once a week thereafter. By the way, the co-operative mode can be used to level up, much like Rainbow Six... so woo! No need to deal with any punks if you don't want to!
                        -

Comment

Well I am getting it, hell... already pre-ordered... The SP story will be nice once or twice, like modern was...

The MP will be fun with friends, and new... problem is all the other stuff coming out for MP in the next few months... not to mention Far Cry 2 and Gears of War 2... but we also have Race Pro and the IL2 console make... alot of MP gaming coming with little time.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                            The MP will be fun with friends, and new... problem is all the other stuff coming out for MP in the next few months... not to mention Far Cry 2 and Gears of War 2... but we also have Race Pro and the IL2 console make... alot of MP gaming coming with little time.
                            Agreed, there are a lot of games coming up that might have some life at TG. If this is one that will replace Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for a few months, I'll jump on the bandwagon. I miss our Saturday and even weekday sessions!

Comment

I'm tired of R6V2 already... unless they release some more map packs... jmo

imo, CoD WaW and GoW2, will be big for the small group of 4 to 6 with it's co-op plays.

GRAW2 is still king for the 8 to 12 man co-op.

FC2, Race Pro and IL2 game will/should be big, different MP games.

I have never had to worry about buying games before, but i was just going through my game want list and release dates... and i can't afford them all immediately upon release... decisions decisions... this is sucking. ;(
                              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X