My 1st impressions of Far Cry 2...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st impressions of Far Cry 2...

Got about an hour into the story this afternoon... nice intro, taxi ride through the country, then a basic tutorial of getting from A to B, using different equipment, using the map and GPS... I got Malaria which sucks and seems to get in the way of the game, always getting dizzy and passing out, but suppose to be some medicine I have to go get now for it...

Had to clear a checkpoint, then recon a small cockfighting farm, kill the bad guys and rescue another merc.

Great graphics and sounds, a little too much at times, distracting from the gameplay but do-able... all the shadows move and sway and give me a little bit of a headache, especially when driving... but graphics and sounds our an A grade...

The weapons, alot of choices and collections of different types, but typical action shooter as compared to a tactical shooter.

I hate sneaking up on a guy, getting about 20 yards away then aiming down the sight and pulling the trigger on his face and seeing the blood splat but then he return a couple of volleys of fire till I finally kill him.

So pretty much...great graphics, great sound... game play is mostly action.

More later, like I said... only did the tutorial.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: My 1st impressions of Far Cry 2...

more info please, i am eager to know, here in europe FC2 is not out till Friday

Comment

every time I buy a PC game lately, I'm more and more thankful for my console!

(If PC gaming dies, it's not our fault, it's developers and Microsoft's.)

First I downloaded it from Steam, go to run it, have to install/update Punkbuster (which is already installed for other games), it gives me an error, unable to continue... so I exit Punkbuster, then Far Cry 2 finally loads, so then I go to the multiplayer screen, got to sign in with my UbiSoft account, I do, it says it is incorrect (but not), so I re-boot, re-start it, then it loads but then remember the beginning of the screen, it tells you to click "copy to clipboard" so you can paste the serial number, well pasting don't work, SO WRITE IT DOWN.

Finally, after 3 re-starts I get in, and go to join a open teamdeath match, and 20 mins after waiting to load up, I control alt del to see that FC2 is not responding....

Xbox 360, I'm loving you more and more everyday! ;)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
        more info please, i am eager to know, here in europe FC2 is not out till Friday
        If I get home at a descent time Silver, I'll shoot some video.
        Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

now I'm regretting... while I was picking up my Xbox 360 version of Far Cry 2 from gamestop, I changed my Fallout pre-order from the 360 to the PC...damn!
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post
            Awesome !

Comment

It's really good, I like it a lot. Just same problem. I don't like shooting a man in the back of the head and have him turn around to put 30 rounds into me.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Ok.. So far so good..no Tech problems on a STEAM Vista 64 box.. The Game..as magnum said... very pretty.. Lets just say for the game play... you can't lay down.. And forget sneaking as the Uber AI can see through the jungle from a distance.. at NORMAL difficulty. Reminds me of ARMA AI..

I am just into the game.. Lots of Driving back and forth.. Play as you wish..but just getting from point A to B is a task.. Every checkpint seems to have baddies at it shooting at ya for no real reason.
                I am not truly feeling it at the moment. Maybe the story will suck me it.. but for now.. The SP is not as "cool" as Crysis and the game play isnt' as interesting or "tactical" (If Crysis could be called that..I guess using the suit appropriately is a tactic)..
                Graphics and especially vegetation are superb.. Multiplyer will probably be like COD4.. so if you are into that they you may like this .. Weaps feel similar..

Ah well.. Maybe it will grow on me..
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                  every time I buy a PC game lately, I'm more and more thankful for my console!

Xbox 360, I'm loving you more and more everyday! ;)
                  Heh ...come on Mag.. Just getting a game to run on a PC is half the fun!.. It's a "Value Added" Feature you just don't get on the Consoles!.. ;-)
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

lol, screens in the screenshot forum
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

SP works fine on the PC for me! Not using the Steam version though.

Careful about accepting missions from arms dealers. They always seem to want you to go to the other side of the map. So if you're looking for a quick mission, the arms dealer one could take a while to do (most of it driving).

The game looks pretty good. Environment is lush with vegetation. Enemies seem to be able to see through it. Time of day cycles is cool but doesn't really seem to affect much. Bad guys take too much damage. I don't like shooting them a few times with a mounted machine gun let alone an assault rifle.

Overall, it's a meh kind of game. It's pretty and you can shoot stuff. Seems a bit like GTA in the jungle or maybe like Mercenaries 2. We'll see if the story brings it up a notch.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

The MP isn't bad either. I like how you have to earn your guns every new game. Or that's been my experience so far. No guns I unlocked with diamonds have carried over to my new game. I've already stated I like it except for the ridiculous amount of ammunition it takes to kill one man. Even a shotgun at point blank takes more than one shot. :P

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Seems RIPE for a realism mod... one shot one kill.. or one shot in Center Body Mass Equals a Kill...
                          but this is the price we pay for Popular Twitch Gaming..

It's kinda cool that you can hack vegetation with a Machete and it actually comes apart... That's neat..
                          And the Editor Rocks.. Uber Easy..
                          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

OK damn it...where the hell is that first stone thats suppose to be in the south garage, I looked all over for it and can't find it, can't continue till I have it.

Why the hell are we suppose to walk around with the map in our face while looking for a stone anyway? lol
                            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post
                              Guess I could put the links to video here also:

Intro and part of first mission (missing clip is a separate video)

Rendered at original size, with a 3M bit rate:

http://files.filefront.com/FC2wmv/;1.../fileinfo.html

Missing clip rendered through 1080 HD with a 7.0 M bitrate. Unedited.

http://files.filefront.com/FCMissing.../fileinfo.html
                              Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X