***WARNING!*** Far Cry 2 save files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***WARNING!*** Far Cry 2 save files

69% done the game, nearly all the diamond cases collected. Nearly all the tapes collected, all the convoys done, most of the weapons collected and specialized... and my save file corrupts. Everytime I tried to load that savegame, my Xbox would lock up and I'd have to reboot it. Incredible...

I guess this is a big problem with the game, as a lot of people are experiencing this. So my word of advice to anyone wanting to play this game;
    USE MULTIPLE SAVEGAME FILES!!!

Hey, at least I get to restart and watch that long, pointless cutscene. If this wasn't such a fun game, I'd trade it in right now. :icon23:
    That's a whole-lotta time down the can. Oh well, I was getting sick of looking at those tattoos anyways, I guess I can start a new guy... maybe Frank this time... what a damn pisser. I'm playing on a console to avoid stupid complications like this.... grr!
    -

Re: ***WARNING!*** Far Cry 2 save files

ya, I have the bad habit of saving to the same file over and over too.... I pretty much stopped playing the console version at about 25%... I still occasionally play a PC mission or two, mostly for the screenshots and hoping for a realism mod or something.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

This is exactly the kind of thing you wouldn't expect from a console. Thanks for posting this, I have interest in the game and is good to know.
      "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
      -- Red Forman

Comment

Aye, I'm mighty disappointed with this. I spent quite a chuck of time getting to where I was, and to have it corrupt like that... upsetting.
        -

Comment

trade it in for GoW2... ;)
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Ain't that some ****... That sucks dude. Thanks for the early warning.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
            Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
            Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
              trade it in for GoW2... ;)
              Despite the problem, I'm loving this game! Ain't gonna happen!

That said, I'm expecting some extra cash to come rolling my way very soon, so GoW2 may be coming to my Xbox shortly after release.
              -

Comment

This has been happening to alot of my games. Star Wars force unleashed and Naruto RoaN. For me the game itself wouldn't load. I had to take off my Hard Drive start the Xbox and Game and then put the Hard Drive back on and it worked. This may help you im not sure but does anyone know of their Xbox locking up when first loading their game. Is this the step before the red ring?

Comment

Just a minor update. I tried playing again, got to 62% and a savegame corrupted. Using multiple savegames, I managed to get to 92% before ALL 12 savegame files became utterly useless!

Many of the savegames corrupted, the few remaining froze as I went around the gameworld, moments after loading the game. I tested a new game, to be sure it wasn't my XBox acting up, and a new game ran smooth as butter... also loaded perfect too.

Apparently this is a problem with all platforms, and Ubisoft isn't commenting on it.

As much as I hate to say it (because I LOVE the game itself); AVOID THIS GAME.
                  -

Comment

Damn that sucks stuff like that happens. You get so far to try and complete a game to the fullest that you can....Spend your time collecting and...

BAM!!!!

Sorry that it happened to you AGAIN!!!!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
                      Just a minor update. I tried playing again, got to 62% and a savegame corrupted. Using multiple savegames, I managed to get to 92% before ALL 12 savegame files became utterly useless!

Many of the savegames corrupted, the few remaining froze as I went around the gameworld, moments after loading the game. I tested a new game, to be sure it wasn't my XBox acting up, and a new game ran smooth as butter... also loaded perfect too.

Apparently this is a problem with all platforms, and Ubisoft isn't commenting on it.

As much as I hate to say it (because I LOVE the game itself); AVOID THIS GAME.
                      Do you want me to fraps the endgame for you so you can at least see the ending?

Also, I keep reading this thread as "Far Cry 2 saves lives"
                      Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Personally, on non-RPG style FPS's (which I'm not sure what Far Cry 2 falls into) separate easily loadable chapters a la GoW, Halo, and Call of Duty should really be the standard and the game just tracks collectibles for your game directly, rather than for one particular save.

Even with an RPG style game, you can still do this. The Force Unleashed allows you to go back to originally beaten levels even before you've beaten the game to garner new holocrons or just increase your level/experience.

Only games like Fallout 3, Dead Space, and other plot driven games really need the ability to save at any time. In games like these, with limited money/ammo/health it's almost a requirement to reload a save if things didn't go to well the first time through.

Sorry about your save games man. My buddy has the same issue with Castle Crashers. His entire game will just corrupt and lose everything he's found. Granted, it's not nearly as hard to go back through that game. I was never really impressed with the series though. I played the first one and it was supposed to have some form of stealth mechanic that never worked. Even hiding in bushes, enemies would spot me from half a mile away and start shooting me with uncanny accuracy. Completely blew my desire to progress any farther.

Comment

That stinks, hopefully other companies learn from Ubisoft's mistakes.
                          XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X