Left 4 dead demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left 4 dead demo

Anyone else get this demo, it came out today? I have been playing this all afternoon and this is the perfect game for all the people here. Tactics have to be used and your team has to work together or else everything will fall apart and everyone will get killed. Just trying to see if anyone wants to get a game session for this going mabye friday or saturday.
    |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Re: Left 4 dead demo

I just finished playing the single player demo scenes and had a blast with this game. It was going to be a rental for me, but I’m certainly going to pick it up now. I’d be happy to get in on some co-op action and should be around on both Friday and Saturday.

Comment

Oh yeah dude. I have it for PC. As far as co-op goes, it's awesome. Probably going to pick this up for PC and 360.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
      Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
      Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

I pre-ordered it after talking with Jazy about it, and thus got access to the demo a little bit earlier. It's really awesome, especially in co-op; I can't wait to play the full version with my TG buddies ;) .

Comment

Clodhopper and I played some two-man co-op and had a blast trying to survive the outbreak. The maps got a bit repetitive, but I was delighted to see that the action differs with each run. Zombies may be in one area the first time and lurking in another the next. I think the replay value of this game is going to be high and cranking the difficulty level up really gave us a run for our money. That's not to even mention the teamwork. You really do need to stick together and watch each other's back to survive!

Comment

GET SOME!!!!!
            lol...
            -

Comment

That was priceless! Clodhopper rounds a corner, runs into a mass of zombies, starts running at them and yells, "Get some!" I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. The other classic was setting off the car alarm on normal difficulty and then regretting doing so on expert. I could barely see my screen, the hordes were so large!

Delta also downloaded the demo, so maybe we can get another session going this evening.

Comment

Pfeil: "Don't shoot the car!"
                Clod: "Alright."
                Pfeil looks at the car a moment, like he's admiring the paintjob... and shoots it! Car alarm goes off and we get overrun by zombies.

lol

I'll be there, shotgun in hand!
                -

Comment

This sounds up my alley, I love zombie flicks and I loved Dead Rising(My very first 360 game). Will download tonight.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I had a great moment last night with some random people, I was was in the back so no one could sneak up on us. Well the guy infront yells tank so we fight off the tank and the horde for as long as we can. It ends up I am the only one left so I bolt back to the beginning of the subway. Im waiting there for the tank when suddenly both escalators fill with zombies, and suddenly most of the room except for my little corner is filled with the horde. Needless to say I died in less than 10 seconds.
                    |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

Hah, had a nice game with Bigeye today. We played on the highest difficulty level, and it were only the two of us, so we always got bashed by the zombies, but it was really great, especially when suddenly dozens and dozens of zombies are coming around the corner, and we start shouting our "Whoa"s and "Fire!"s into the voice chat ;) .

Another great thing about the game, by the way - it doesn't require a lot of bandwidth, so hosting locally is actually an option, even if your connection is rather..."basic".

Comment

Sorry I didn't make it. Had some unannounced guests pop in.
                        -

Comment

This game is great fun. Zombie slaughter 28 days later style...love it.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

The latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine includes an in-depth review of Left 4 Dead and they rate it 9.5 out of 10. The following paragraph seems to hit the nail on the head:

Originally posted by Official Xbox Magazine

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Left 4 Dead presents the zombie apocalypse the way we always hoped it would be: filled with non-stop tension and continuous carnage. Still, in your first match or two, you might be tempted to shrug off Left 4 Dead as too simple – “I get it, zombies.” But like the similarly “basic” Counter-Strike or Halo multiplayer, the strategies start to unfold. Where can you flank? Should you risk sending a scout ahead? Should you let the A.I. zombies take the lead? How can you use the terrain to your advantage? What if we work together here? The more you play, the deeper the experience gets, and the more satisfyingly strategic your play becomes.

Left 4 Dead’s simplicity offers purity of gameplay – the same reason that gamers keep returning to classic arcade games. Come to think of it, with a handful of levels and unpredictable events happening within them, Left 4 Dead has more in common with Mrs. Pac-Man than just the eating. It’s the same thing over and over – but when simple ingredients are perfectly prepared, what could be a mere snack becomes a feast. This one just happens to be on human flesh.
                            I couldn’t peg why I enjoy the demo of this game so much until I read the OXM article. Left 4 Dead cuts a lot of the junk present in today’s bloated shooters and offers gamers actual solid gameplay with a ton of replay value. I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Comment

The COOP experience is where it is at with this game. I can see the different possibilities for styles. The game allows for the tactics and teamwork, without a lot of fluff. Just good clean zombie slaying.
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...