TGU training on the X360?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU training on the X360?

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I was searching for tactics for COD and stumble upon this site.

Are there TGU classes for the X360? Specifically for the COD series of games.

Re: TGU training on the X360?

To my knowledge there are no specific TGU classes for 360 titles, however a few TGU instructors are 360 regulars and have CoD. You may want to add their gamer tags and chat them up on the subject.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

for our Xbox 360 group we try and KISS... Keep it simple stupid, thats means we simply play the game as it was meant to be played, and with tactics and teamwork... the basic cornerstone of TG... we don't get stupid with ridiculous 15 year olds trying to teach what flanking is to 20 year vets... we don't go so over board with training, classes and testing that the games are no longer fun, like most of the PC games hosted here now-a-days.

Rant off ;)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I'm just looking to learn basic tactics, teamwork (although I know that's difficult in a public room), how to clear a room, etc.

Comment

it's called... "learning while you play"...

i.e:

If you were to join us, TG members, for a game of GRAW2... you would simply see one person take charge, assign fireteams, then move out and support and play the game... you'll learn quick while still playing... not like one of the GRAW (PC) lessons I took, where the "instructor" said, "OK, I'm going to go over to the NW part of the map, and try and take you guys out... while you guys work as a team and try and find and kill me"... it was ridiculous.

Play the game, learn as you play... basic tactics and teamwork ain't that hard.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I, personally am just confined with instructing within the Battlefield series. To my knowledge, I believe there are some CoD classes taught by Hazmat. Your first course of action would be is to go to the Class Request area of the TGU forums, you can also find the link in my signature. Here you can request a class and define a area of time that would be best suited for you. Second, check to see if there are any current classes that are forming to sign up for. Additionally, in the future, the best way to find any answer to a question you may have is to ask someone directly associated with your question so you don't get the wrong idea about the topic or incorrect information.
            A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

lol, age 19 and a tactics instructor... do you have a Xbox 360 Fall3n? Do you actually play anything on it? (I didn't see your name in the XBL list, but could be wrong)...

and his question was about the Xbox 360, so I'd say he asked in the right place.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

lol, age 19 and a tactics instructor... do you have a Xbox 360 Fall3n? Do you actually play anything on it? (I didn't see your name in the XBL list, but could be wrong)...

and his question was about the Xbox 360, so I'd say he asked in the right place.
                Was a offensive approach really needed? Or the comments? Please do not patronize me with snide remarks of my age or my place within the Tactical Gamer community. The goal of this thread was to answer a newcomer to TG's question. XBOX 360 or not, the initial question fell under my realm as well, which in return was answered. Thank you.
                A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

so...what Xbox 360 games you play? You part of the TG 360 group? legit questions...
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Class request submitted.

Comment

now while you were/are waiting for that class, which I'm still not aware of a 360 series yet... you've could of joined 8 TG/SimHQ members today and got your lessons while you played... but hey, your game, your time. ;)
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Damn sorry I missed that.. Again. Anyhoo, as far as the TGU class on a 360 goes, you probably won't get it. I mean, not to put you down, but I just don't see it happening.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

so...what Xbox 360 games you play? You part of the TG 360 group? legit questions...
                          Legit, sure. But within context of the original poster's question, no. Which in return says that you want to make this thread about something/someone else other than the original question or the needs of the poster that created this thread.

Damn sorry I missed that.. Again. Anyhoo, as far as the TGU class on a 360 goes, you probably won't get it. I mean, not to put you down, but I just don't see it happening.
                          I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here. To answer any further curiosities, since I'm starting to notice a trend. Many titles tend to hover between the grey area of the PC and Xbox 360. Furthermore, since that is true many titles such as CoD4, etc do not have to be taught specifically for either one, whether it be PC or Xbox 360.

Well I believe that this thread has ran it's course, thanks.
                          Last edited by Kappa; 11-30-2008, 02:12 AM.
                          A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Originally posted by Fall3n View Post

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here. To answer any further curiosities, since I'm starting to notice a trend. Many titles tend to hover between the grey area of the PC and Xbox 360. Furthermore, since that is true many titles such as CoD4, etc do not have to be taught specifically for either one, whether it be PC or Xbox 360.
                            There has been very little support for the 360 users. Mostly because the actual in-game 360 TG community is less than half-dozen in numbers. Recruitment for more has failed time and time again, which leaves this community roughly dead in the water. Most of which have already moved on from TG in search of other communities more in-tune with console gaming.

A couple of the people who have helped this community thrive as long as it has have left, and I believe that's why Delta said what he did; this particular area of TG is dead/dying due to a total lack of interest.

What Magnum is trying to get at is just how inexperienced you are with this particular sub-community. While it's nice to think every part of TG gets the same treatment, and support; it's simply not true.

To PapaJFresh; I really hope your class request can be made into reality, but if you really want to join a TGU class, I'd suggest trying to get into one of the CoD4 PC classes.
                            -

Comment

There has been very little support for the 360 users. Mostly because the actual in-game 360 TG community is less than half-dozen in numbers. Recruitment for more has failed time and time again, which leaves this community roughly dead in the water. Most of which have already moved on from TG in search of other communities more in-tune with console gaming.

A couple of the people who have helped this community thrive as long as it has have left, and I believe that's why Delta said what he did; this particular area of TG is dead/dying due to a total lack of interest.

What Magnum is trying to get at is just how inexperienced you are with this particular sub-community. While it's nice to think every part of TG gets the same treatment, and support; it's simply not true.

If you really want to join a TGU class, I'd suggest trying to get into one of the CoD4 PC classes.
                              I can see that you have good intentions Clodhopper and you can attempt to "soften" the rude, unnecessary, offensive comments given previously. But in the end, the previous comments still remain rude, offensive, and not an example of upholding Tactical Gamer composure and standards. Unfortunately this thread is not for you, I, or anyone to talk about the support for the XBOX 360, this is about the person who created this thread. So in respect for the original poster and the sake of not "stealing" this thread I would simply leave it be.
                              Last edited by Kappa; 11-30-2008, 03:55 AM.
                              A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X