Prince of Persia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince of Persia

Anybody have thoughts on this? I'm not too impressed by the reviews. Apparently, you can't die, and the awesome puzzles that were Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Warrior Within, and The Two Thrones, have been extremely dulled down.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Prince of Persia

ok, I wanted to have more time in-game before writing in here but no one seems to be answering. From my limited impression so far, its good but eh. I will play it and I am excited to get home to play it but it does have its limits. For one so far you cannot die, while at first this seems less challenging, i thrive on playing the hardest (available) setting at the start to make the games seem longer, however you will come to enjoy the lack of load times and redos. There is an Achievement for not having the girl save you more then 100 times. So in essence you have a 100 lives to beat the game with. She saves you when you mistime a jump (fall) or when in combat you are down and you miss your last chance save (a random button appears as the enemy will strike you on the ground). So for the platforming its an excellent way to stream line the game play but it takes the thrill out of combat (for me). The game has wonderful graphics - im a 2d art fan, anime, comics - and its nice to see concept (type) art in game. The platforming is fun and very responsive to button presses. (Meaning sometimes its so fluid you think everything is happening automatically, untill you test that by not pressing a button and you fall :) ) and for my last point here is the combo list:

****spoiler alert sorry for the link but i couldn't copy and paste combo list is about halfway down. Spoilers on Sight ****

heres a rough break down though

111 starting with x
    51 with y
    27 with b
    17 with a
    and 5 after you hit a+b (i think)
    For a total of 211 combos - a combo is cinimatic

There is an achievement for performing all of them - sounds imposible and is worth 5 x the other achievements. Note: combos were added to this list since people reported not recieveing the achievement so yes all 211.

a combo is broken if the character or enemy is near an edge or wall - different cinema

Link to combos:
    http://www.msxbox-world.com/forums/i...howtopic=12512

Comment

It may be a rental for me, it looks so much like Assassin's Creed. Event he little perches. I bet it's fun though.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I read that the button presses were actually slow. As in you'd push a button and nothing would happen, but he'd do the action (I.E. Jump), then would do the action of the second button you'd press after while waiting for the first one to happen, like attack or something.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

yeah a good rental, and yes it feels like guitar hero some times. Just press the right button in the right order.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X