Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am now on 360 and have COD4

So lemme know when we can all hooka up!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Re: I am now on 360 and have COD4

im going to get some things tomorrow at walmart, hoping for some deals. COD4 xbox live and head set are on my list.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

We need to start setting up some events for GRAW2, COD4, GoW2 and Rainbox Six Vegas!

Comment

Yeah Let me know also :D

|TG| Sproge "Tiger how did you flip that tank?!"
        |TG-SC| PM07SNV "We need another world war to base more games on..."
        |TG-AIR| DrBeat: "I just dropped my propane tank in the fire again"

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
          We need to start setting up some events for GRAW2, COD4, GoW2 and Rainbox Six Vegas!
          We've been saying that for quite some time now :icon_razz
          -

Comment

COD4 is old, try getting COD World at War.
            XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

I have spent quite a bit of time playing both and I can honestly say I was suprised with Treyarch. They managed to take a good game Infinity Ward built and not screw it up. The gameplay for WAW I would say is more intense than in COD4, but the WWII variation makes it feel more like a mod, and less like stand alone title.

Lets just say I haven't traded in COD4 yet.

sigpic

Comment

WaW = Fail.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat2000 View Post
                  COD4 is old, try getting COD World at War.

i actually want COD4 now that i got COD5....anyone wanna trade?
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                    WaW = Fail.
                    That was what I was getting afeel of from a few other people I have talked to.... I was holding off on getting it to see what a few here said...I may still get it but I will wait till Game Stop has it cheap...LOL!

Heck I still need to make my way through COD 4...did it on the PC so I should be ready for the 360...

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
                      That was what I was getting afeel of from a few other people I have talked to.... I was holding off on getting it to see what a few here said...I may still get it but I will wait till Game Stop has it cheap...LOL!

Heck I still need to make my way through COD 4...did it on the PC so I should be ready for the 360...
                      The only way to play either game on the console is Hard core mode. If you don't , then you have to suffer through like 5-10 rounds untill you end up hosting. The hosting system sucks really bad, the host and the closest players to the host always have a very visible advantage in my opinion. You can put over 2 clips in a enemies back and they will turn around and knife you. It just ticks me off to no end. Then once you get made the host you can just shred through enemies like they are paper and go 26 and 5.
                      I won't play any cod games on console unless its hard core mode.

I will say that cod 5 is better just for the simple fact you can now filter your game search so that it only looks for games in your local area. But still the hosting system is really bad compared to real servers.

To me there is just no better example of crap then when your cutting a enemy in half with a M-60 E and they run at you while taking 60 rounds over a 40 foot span and knife you.
                      Trust me if you just got COD on the console you will soon know what I'm talking about.

That said, I will play Cod 5 on hard core mode and enjoy it very much. If you guys end up playing cod 4 or 5 on a scheduled basis in hard core mode, I would be down for that and would even go pick up a copy of cod4 again.

DESODE
                      Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

I can't say my experience with CoD 4 on Live is that bad. I've had some laggy matches (like pretty much any other gane I've ever played.) But usually seems pretty smooth to me.
                        "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                        -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by RedForman View Post
                          I can't say my experience with CoD 4 on Live is that bad. I've had some laggy matches (like pretty much any other gane I've ever played.) But usually seems pretty smooth to me.
                          Do you play with a standard group of friends where atleast 3 or more of them are in the same state or a adjacent state ? . If so , that may be why your having better luck then I do on this game. The system makes sure that if a group of players has a majority of close ping(general area) then someone in that area will always be host or you will be placed into a game with these standards.
                          If you use a party system and fill it up with friends in a general area the game finds a host in a area closest to you and your group's combined ping.
                          The host is also switched each match based on what players come and go and what the majority ping is. The game is best played when your playing with a party of friends in the same state or adjacent state.

One other thing is this game shows very little lag (visually) but if you watch the kill cam you will see what really went on when you died. I know this because when I play on the pc the kill cam shows that 90% of the time you died the way it played out on your screen(give or take a millasecond or so), If i'm playing on a server where my ping is above 100 I will experience kill cams that show the invisible lag.

There was a huge discusion on this when COD4 first hit the consoles. One of the dev's explained how the console hosting system worked. Once this was explained so much Heck started on the forums that the dev's said they would add a local search option in future cod games on console. Even though Infinity ward didn't make COD WAW this feature was added into WAW and I imagine you will see it in any upcoming COD games on consoles.

I personally would still prefer real dedicated servers. Between what we pay for games and xboxlive memberships its just straight up Greed that we don't get real servers.
                          Sadly the majority of console players don't understand the huge benefit of picking out a server in a list that shows either a ping meter or a ping number by each server. They can also have a quick match option if you don't want to use a list to pick your game.

I try to spend my money on games that have real servers however this is not written in stone for me but it is one of the top factors in my choice of games that get my $60. The other one for me is fully customizable controls.
                          I find it very arrogant that Developers expect you to play a game under the controller layouts that they create and don't give you the options to play with any layout you desire.

Thanks for your time and consideration, DESODE
                          Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                            WaW = Fail.
                            They're both pretty solid imo. COD4 appealed more to me because of the time setting (the fact that WW2 has been viciously overdone doesn't help [email protected]'s case) yet as someone above mentioned, I was pleasantly surprised at the job Treyarch did. For single player alone, COD4 definitely takes the cake though.

Comment

hey im in im xbl and i love cod4 wats ur gt
                              They run fast but i shoot fasterthey think fast but i think smater

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X