Lord of the rings Conquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord of the rings Conquest

Well, I have been complaining for 5yrs now,that there are no multiplayer games with swords bows and magic in a battlefield conquest style game.
    Yesterday,was the day I finally had to shut up and quit bitching.

Though its not on the large scale I was hoping for(32/64 player) Lord of the rings conquest has blown me away !
    The LOR Demo just came out on the PSN. I'm sure the demo for the 360 is coming any day now so Keep a eye out for it ! I'm floored by how great it is. It was made with the Star Wars Battlefront engine so if you liked its gameplay well this needs to be on your list of must haves.

A important tip for the demo is this , make sure you go to options/display and enable the far camera. That helps a lot.

Its a really amazing game with a impresive amount of team gameplay. The combination of good team work and many styles of play, makes this game one of the best games on the horizon. Having a wizard with a globe shield while moving your team forward is great. The archer class is amazing and the knights and scouts are great too. Combine this with being a huge ENT or a Troll or LOR Hero and you have what becomes a HUGE refreshing change on multiplayer team gameplay.

The Demo gives you both SP and MP and the 2 MP maps are very good.
    I was glad to see that the game uses real servers and I have played it for almost 5hrs and never had one single experience of lag. It ran as smooth as butter for me. The maps are a great size for the 16 players and the action has a great pace to it. In the conquest mode depending on what spawn you pick you can work your way into the battle or spawn in the thick of it.

To rap this all up. I implore you all to try this game when it hits the 360. I was very impressed with it. Its now on the top of my list of games to get. It has a lot to offer even for just a demo so I can't wait for the full game. There are tons of ways to play for different styles and team work is highlighted is a great way. It took me about 1hr to really get a grasp on everything, and the more I play it the more I love it.

I hope you all check it out ,its a great change of pace from the gun shooting multiplayer games that world is flooded with right now.
    Thanks for your Time and consideration, DESODE

Re: Lord of the rings Conquest

HEY guys the demo is now up on the xbox live market place. Make Sure To check it out !
    DESODE
    Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Thanks...I will have to grab it...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I'm going to get the download as well. Too many games.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

LOL I started the download and will check it out tonight!

Comment

The gameplay is ok, but I just can't shake the feeling it's going to end up being "Dynasty Warriors: Lord of the Rings."

Comment

Yea I played through the Demo which just seems to be the Training section along with a little multiplayer.

Seemed Okay to me. Maybe been playing to much Fable 2, GoW2 GRAW2 and every other 2 out there. Just couldn't get the feel of it...

I might give it another chance when I am tired of my other games. May look online for some actual video footage of the game being played.

Comment

One thing is for sure , if you get on a team with no team work you will get just plain crushed !
                I almost think it could be too team oriented ! Hahah

Sometimes, it almost seems like you might as well not even try to play this game online with out some friends.

DESODE
                Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

The archers are fun.

Comment

Just wanted to tell you guys how amazing this game is. The demo didn't do it justice. The maps are unreal. There is this big map called weather top that is mind blowing. It has a Huge mountain with a old abandoned watch tower on top and down below is a big battlefield plane with catapults that you can use to lob in big boulders of fire on other positions. The maps are just the coolest maps I have ever seen in a multiplayer game. There are 13 maps I believe and they are all really good.
                    I haven't had any lag at all.
                    I am however having a problem with my Ea account log in and have been having to play under another gamertag to play online till EA gets my problem figured out. That sucks but I haven't been able to find any one else having this same problem on any of the forums on the web. I'm giving this game a great solid 8.5. In my book its the freshest team based multiplayer I have seen is years. If it had clan support I would give it a 9.5. There are a site that Pandemic is running that has clan leaderbords and clan forums. The link is www.lordoftheringswar.com

The single player is very good also and has two seperate campaigns. One as good and one as evil. The co-op is great and you can take 4 players through the campaign together even from one console.
                    You can also make a private match and play with 4 player via xboxlive with a mess of bots on all the multiplayer maps and modes.
                    The AI's are pretty good also.

I recommend at the very least you give it a rent and spend some time with it. I personally am hooked pretty bad and have been playing till 7am for the last 2 days. Its been a good while since I was that hooked on a multiplayer game.

Thanks for your time and consideration, DESODE
                    Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Too bad the reviews are somewhat mediocre for it.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/944924.asp

The demo was pretty fun, but I'll pass for now.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                        Too bad the reviews are somewhat mediocre for it.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/944924.asp

The demo was pretty fun, but I'll pass for now.
                        Yeah its really sad the reviews have Killed this game. Another example of a good game going down the drain because of how the reviews came out.
                        Desode
                        Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Maybe their focus is on Star Wars Battlefront III? Let's hope it turns out better.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                            Maybe their focus is on Star Wars Battlefront III? Let's hope it turns out better.
                            Yeah maybe but star wars Battlfefront III was almost finished and now the project is dead.
                            Here is the link http://ps3.ign.com/articles/946/946024p1.html

Now maybe another one is being made I don't know.

All the reviews out there probably would have killed it with a bad score too.
                            People just don't care about gameplay much in the main stream. Its all about shiny graphics. OOOH AWEEEE
                            I'm personally all about the gameplay. If there was a multiplayer battlefield style game with 1000 players fighting online all at once but yet the graphics were stick figure style drawings , I'd play it all the time, As long as the gameplay was there.
                            DESODE
                            Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...