Dead Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Space

If you haven't played this one your missing out. Think of it as a Hybrid game. Doom 3 storyline (almost to a T) and story telling (finding audio/video/text logs) with streamline gameplay of Resident Evil 4. Unique guns that are more like tools. Tools for cutting :) You also have kinesis (grab and throw items) and Stasis control (freeze time in small area of affect). Its a great game that is scary and dark. I don't want to ruin anything else but its a great game. Enjoy!

Re: Dead Space

Doom 3 storyline? I don't know, I actually thought the storyline wasn't that bad for it's genre. If you listen to the audio logs you can find everywhere, the game's story actually makes sense, and there isn't any weird stuff like portals to hell and all that.

That being said...the game is made of win. It's really awesome. The game's really great at scaring you, and it's quite fun as well if you like sci-fi horror ;) .

Edit: I've played it on the PC though...and I've heard there's a little minigame which is about shooting asteroids and that it's horribly hard to aim with the XBOX controller...is that true? Using a mouse, it actually was fairly easy.

Comment

Its awesome. I cant get past this door. I'm something like 5 mins into the game :( im such a pussy

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

use stasis

Comment

Dead Space is awesome. Highly Recommend it!
          XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Dead Space is a good game with a few flaws that keep it from being a great game. Don't get me wrong, I'm on my second playthrough and having fun, but it could be better.

The 100% reliance on scripting makes the game pretty intense during the first play-through, then it gets more and more cliche. Same thing with Doom 3: the first time you see something it's really cool. 50 times later through-out the course of the game... not so much.

The weapons are cool and add some variety, but it's just too hard to really play around with them all. Ammo is so scarce for most of the game, you end up always having the plasma cutter in your inventory because it's versatile enough to work on any necro.

Variety in necro types is severly lacking. There's regular ones and black ones, and a few specialty types, but all in all you get into a rhythm of killing them. There should be no rhythm in a horror game. It should be a rollercoaster of insane peaks with disturbing (not boring) lows that make you wonder when (and even if) you are going to get attacked.

As it stands right now, I walk into a room to activate X mcguffin to progress to plot. There are no necros, just some dead bodies. I know that I need to dismember the bodies to remove their viability for creating new necros and I know as soon as hit the button any vents in the area will be entrance points for necros.

It shouldn't be like that. Hell, run a quick random encounter algorithm to save CPU time, or go all out and have X number of necros on a given chapter that can and will attack at any given time. Maybe have them retreat and call for backup. Make them setup traps (they are smart enough to do so after that one (and only) scripted event ~ chapter 3).

There's also a couple plot hole that really annoy me about it, but I'm not going into it now so as to not spoil the game. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but this game was good, when it could have been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathrael View Post
              Doom 3 storyline? I don't know, I actually thought the storyline wasn't that bad for it's genre. If you listen to the audio logs you can find everywhere, the game's story actually makes sense, and there isn't any weird stuff like portals to hell and all that.

That being said...the game is made of win. It's really awesome. The game's really great at scaring you, and it's quite fun as well if you like sci-fi horror ;) .

Edit: I've played it on the PC though...and I've heard there's a little minigame which is about shooting asteroids and that it's horribly hard to aim with the XBOX controller...is that true? Using a mouse, it actually was fairly easy.
              It is hard on Xbox but not impossible - Im playing on hard and didn't fail but my energy was low like around 30. I would just fire ALOT - it was fun!

P.S. I got some great ammo saving Tips for the plant in Hydroponics but im sure its nothing you haven't figured out on your own. Still PM me if your having trouble or if its costing you too much ammo or Health.

P.P.S. Does anyone have any info (good or bad) on the pay for content - Like is the military download worth it? Just wondering? FYI there is like $20-30 in downloads in the Marketplace.

Comment

Supposedly, the Tank pack and some others make going through the game on the hardest difficulty much easier. But I'm not paying money just to try and unlock an extra 150 gamerpoints.

Comment

I had a lot of fun with this one when I played it a few months ago, the story was pretty good, I just didn't see the value of playing it again on hard after beating it on normal. I would recommend renting it anyway as it's not very long.
                  "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                  -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by RedForman View Post
                    I had a lot of fun with this one when I played it a few months ago, the story was pretty good, I just didn't see the value of playing it again on hard after beating it on normal. I would recommend renting it anyway as it's not very long.
                    Good idea...I will have to rent this one and check it out!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I'm enjoying Dead Space on the computer, but it's a little shocking that the developers never played System Shock 2. Finding the various logs scattered around to progress the story comes from the System Shock series, which Doom 3 borrowed, and then the Necromorph's are straight clones of The Many. As well as gems like "Inject a poison into the ventilation system to destroy the biomass taking over hydroponics".

The thing that bothers me about Dead Space is how they're constantly oversaturating your senses. There are so many slow trumpets and frantic violin scratches and screaming monsters that I'm having to block out all that crap. The nice thing about Lovecraftian-type scares is that you never get desensitized, because your senses are at best half-filled, which leaves them constantly raw and itching.

Comment

i had deadspace, but found the beginning parts over repetitive and boring. however, will probs give it a try soonish.

Comment

As someone said above, the pace is said to be a little bit rhythmic - there were many complaints that players would start to get used to the same 1-2-3 pattern of monsters coming up at them over and over- but personally, I was too busy soiling my pants to pay any attention to anything.
                          Last edited by RogueTheory; 03-14-2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X