So what older titles am I missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what older titles am I missing?

The other day I headed over to Gamestop to pick up the original FEAR for the 360 just because the new one is coming out and I played the demo already....figured hey might as well play from the beginning.

Well when I was there I spent a half an hour just looking at older titles and nothing was really popping at me.

I have had my 360 since Christmas so I am a little behind on some games.

Any recommendations as far as any older games that I have missed and checked out. Maybe just because it was a great stand alone game or something I have to play because a newer version is coming out....

This is the list of games I have right now or am playing...
    OWN
    COD4
    GRAW2
    Gears of War 2
    Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    Fable 2
    Timeshift
    FEAR

Available From Friend
    Halo 3
    Bioshock (having fun with this one.)
    Battlefield Bad Company
    Skate

So what ya got for me?

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Re: So what older titles am I missing?

COD:WaW, Left 4 Dead and the football games for newer.

Older, The original Rainbow Six Vegas(Better story IMHO). Dead Rising, good fun slaying thousands of zombies. Oh and off the arcade a must have is the 1980's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game. The TMNT was the best investment I have made from Live. 4 player available via live or on one console.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Rainbow Six vegas ,was great. For online I still got to go with Frontlines Fuels of War.
      Its still hands down he closest that the 360 has come to bf2 Pc. They fixed this version of the game pretty well unlike the pc version. I also would say Ace Combat Six is a must have if You like Flying.

DESODE
      Gamertag 360= DESODE

Comment

If you're looking for a fun racing experience, I'd recommend both Forza 2 (a "sim" in terms of physics & car customization) and GRID (more arcade racer, but LOTS of fun, and very beautiful). Froza is strictly Grand Tour racing, and does a mighty fine job at it, where as GRID offers a lot of races; Destruction derby, GT, open-wheel, Drifting (various types), Touge (again, various types) and of course, the 24 hour La Mans.

If you prefer realism over all, go with Forza. If you're just a fan of racing and want the best of all genres, get both.

Also, if you're looking to get into an RPG that is heavy on the exploration and freedom, check out Oblivion. If that doesn't rock your boat, try Mass Effect; deep Sci-fi story with lots of character interaction, and a pretty decent 3rd person combat system to boot... also with a new game coming soon.

If you want something more in tune with action/adventure, good one to get (or rent) is Assassins Creed. If that's too basic, maybe even try Hitman: Blood Money (an EXCELLENT GAME, if I do say so myself). Although, I can't say much about Blood Money, as I didn't complete it on the 360... I played the hell out of it on my original Xbox though! One more title to think about is Splinter Cell: Double Agent; with a new game coming out soon, as a continuation of the story, and the fact this one is pretty damned intense, it's a no brainer for a fan of the thrillers.

One more title, if you're a GTA fan, maybe check out The Godfather. It's a pretty involving game, great combat system, story is a bit lacking, but the gameplay more than makes up for it all... I enjoyed it thoroughly. There's also a new one coming out soon (can't wait).

PS
        Nearly forgot, if you want a little gunslinger action, two excellent westerns to check out are Gun & Call of Juarez.
        Last edited by Clodhopper; 01-27-2009, 02:49 PM.
        -

Comment

Forza or Grid, Grid is a bit more mainstream, Forza was the Gran Tourismo counterpart.

Any of the Splinter Cell games, Also the orange box if you havent played any of the HL2 episodes. 4 games in 1, bargain! Mass Effect if your a RPG kinda guy.

Whatever you do, don't buy alone in the dark. Don't go near it.

Comment

Skate is awesome. Both of 'em I just picked up Skate 2 about a week ago and nearly shat my pants.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
            Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
            Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Dead Space
              XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

I'll second Assassin's Creed. I just rented it 7 days for 7 dollars and it's worth the rental for sure. It came out long before I got my 360.

I'd add to the list Ninja Gaiden 2, although it's not that old.

Comment

I did play Assassins Creed on the PS3 and it was pretty kewl. Great graphics and such...Just wish there was more to do between the cities...

WOW My One Thousandth Post...LOL! Took me long enough!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
                    I did play Assassins Creed on the PS3 and it was pretty kewl. Great graphics and such...Just wish there was more to do between the cities...

WOW My One Thousandth Post...LOL! Took me long enough!
                    No kidding. Took forever. Assassin's Creed is fun. If you're bored, just go kill people. Only thing is that it's not really re-playable. With the ending that it had though, you'd think that there would be an AC 2. Perhaps set in more modern times.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Lost planet. Single player and Online!

Comment

I recommend Marvel Ultimate Alliance. If you do pick it up, let me know. I decided to spend some more time with it in preparation for its upcoming sequel and need a friend to help with a few of the achievements.

Comment

Marvel Ultimate Alliance was really fun. I plan on getting the sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                            you'd think that there would be an AC 2. Perhaps set in more modern times.
                            It is not due till march of 2010.... but it will be a must have.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pfeil22 View Post
                              I recommend Marvel Ultimate Alliance. If you do pick it up, let me know. I decided to spend some more time with it in preparation for its upcoming sequel and need a friend to help with a few of the achievements.
                              Hey, I'm just starting on that one too; it came with Forza but I never really played it before
                              |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X