Fallout 3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 3?

Thoughts on this game? I hear it's good, I want to try it, too lazy to actually get off my ass and go rent it.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Fallout 3?

Originally posted by Delta View Post
    Thoughts on this game? I hear it's good, I want to try it, too lazy to actually get off my ass and go rent it.
    Amazing, immersive storyline with multiple choices/endings/characters, stellar voicework by Liam Neeson, and ****loads of RPG fun mixed with a unique slow motion targeting system that provides gore-filled joy.

TLDR: Get off ass and go get it!

Comment

I can't stop playing it for PC. New DLC coming tomorrow too.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

@RogueTheory:
        Actually, I have to disagree. The story's only nice until you exit the fault (which is right at the beginning). After that, the game mainly lives by it's "explorability" (ie, detailed game world with much great stuff in it), a couple of side-quests etc...and it's great modding tool, the GECK, which has a quite large community devoted to it, and that's why I'd also strongly recommend getting the PC version and not the XBox version (especially since the game soon gets quite easy even on the hardest difficulty if you play it without a balance mod). It's a great game, but it really needs some tweaking to be enjoyed at it's best.

Oh, and despite what some people might say, it's not a "pure" RPG like the original Fallouts where. It's a RPG-FPS hybrid, a good game indeed, though not what one who played Fallout 1 and 2 would probably expect.

I certainly agree with you though that the voicework is phenomenal indeed - especially Liam Neeson (which you already mentioned) and Tony Jay have done a great work :) .

Comment

Originally posted by RogueTheory View Post
          Amazing, immersive storyline with multiple choices/endings/characters, stellar voicework by Liam Neeson, and ****loads of RPG fun mixed with a unique slow motion targeting system that provides gore-filled joy.
          Hey, I think McDowell and (to a lesser extent) Perlman deserve a kudos as well. But personally, besides them, I found the voice-work painful at times. It didn't take much away from the game, but I'm not handing out any Oscars.

Fallout 3 is the first "wide-open" game like this I've beaten all the way through and locked out because I was enjoying myself doing so. Very few missions were a chore for me. Unlike Morrowind where I really kept playing the game because I was supposed to, not because I wanted to.

I highly recommend this game as you can pick it up for a few days, then put it down. When you come back, your journal is laid out well enough that you qon't lose track of any quests.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathrael View Post
            @RogueTheory:
            Actually, I have to disagree. The story's only nice until you exit the fault (which is right at the beginning). After that, the game mainly lives by it's "explorability" (ie, detailed game world with much great stuff in it), a couple of side-quests etc...and it's great modding tool, the GECK, which has a quite large community devoted to it, and that's why I'd also strongly recommend getting the PC version and not the XBox version (especially since the game soon gets quite easy even on the hardest difficulty if you play it without a balance mod). It's a great game, but it really needs some tweaking to be enjoyed at it's best.

Oh, and despite what some people might say, it's not a "pure" RPG like the original Fallouts where. It's a RPG-FPS hybrid, a good game indeed, though not what one who played Fallout 1 and 2 would probably expect.

I certainly agree with you though that the voicework is phenomenal indeed - especially Liam Neeson (which you already mentioned) and Tony Jay have done a great work :) .
            I see where you're coming from - the storyline does not compare to some other titles such as Mass Effect, but I found for the relatively moderate length of the game and the way the story tied in with very interesting missions it made up for any faults and in the end comes out very well paced.

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
            Hey, I think McDowell and (to a lesser extent) Perlman deserve a kudos as well. But personally, besides them, I found the voice-work painful at times. It didn't take much away from the game, but I'm not handing out any Oscars.

Fallout 3 is the first "wide-open" game like this I've beaten all the way through and locked out because I was enjoying myself doing so. Very few missions were a chore for me. Unlike Morrowind where I really kept playing the game because I was supposed to, not because I wanted to.

I highly recommend this game as you can pick it up for a few days, then put it down. When you come back, your journal is laid out well enough that you qon't lose track of any quests.
            I definitely recognized some voice actors from Oblivion...male Imperial Guard lol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X