Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5

Well im about 80% through and I really like the game. It has come up with alot of answers to questions that came from Resident Evil (the original). Like RE4 there is more emphasis on action then survival. RE 1-3 was more a survival game with lots of running away. RE4 and 5 are more fast paced, with running away being done via cut scenes with timely button presses (think Dragon's Lair). Shot postion is more important to the game as the game does not allow shooting while moving. *Please keep all references to the game not having running/moving and shooting out of this thread as this was done on purpose but is the number one complaint about the game.* To me it just introduces a different play and combat style. The only aspect of survival left is the large amount of damage you take per hit and the low amounts of ammo (at times). This coupled with low number of inventory slots makes for much thought if you want to make it through a scene in one try. The Co-op is great.(think Left 4 dead) only there is only two of you. The graphics are great. the Treasure hunting is great. The weapon upgrades are good. Once you beat the game and max out a weapons upgrade you recieved unlimited ammo for your mutli play throughs or joining sessions on live to gather more money for upgrades. This game is a must have, but only if you have a parnter to play with. However the Join session works well. When you play CO-op each of the players has seperate inventories, however whenever treasure or gold is found both players recieve it no matter who picks it up.

Re: Resident Evil 5

I just got a great deal on the Limited Edition Elite, I will be playing it soon.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

So I finally had a chance to play and did so with an open mind and actually enjoyed it a lot. It's not a real FPS. It's more of an adventure/rpg than FPS and if you play like that you can really enjoy the story.

I'd be down for some CO-OP, Meatwad...if you see me on hit me up.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

nice look for me online! :)

Comment

So even though the game is brand new, it crashes. It hangs about about 49% when I attempt to copy to the harddrive. So I gotta get a new disk. However, it is complicated by the fact that it is the "Not for Resale" package that came with the RE Elite 360.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

I have a fix for you Ill send in PM. :)

Comment

I heard there was like an "action" mode that enabled you to move and shoot?

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                I heard there was like an "action" mode that enabled you to move and shoot?
                I wish. Not that I am aware. It's all about letting go of the notion this game is an FPS. If you let go of that and approach it as an RPG/Action Game then you realize you are not intended to fight and kill everything. Running away and using weapons to clear a path is the name of the game. When cornered or blocked in is when you actually have to kill everything.
                |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

It was actually on the XBL spotlight or something. Run through the archives and look for RE5 stuff. I know that there was one developer that said it is possible to move and shoot.
                  Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                  When cornered or blocked in is when you actually have to kill everything.
                  By this, you mean promptly run out of ammo and slash wildly with your knife? :D

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

By this, you mean promptly run out of ammo and slash wildly with your knife? :D
                    Found out the shock baton is actually the best weapon in the game. No ammo and stuns everything, including your partner(great fun in coop). Not being able to take a step with the knife is worse than the move and shoot thing by far.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Delta - My freind also asked me about this but alas there is no move and shoot :( However there is a Mercenaries Mode when you beat the game. AND as of Tuesday they added a multiplayer with Score attack and 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 deathmatch! 400 microsoft points though :( however its a solid 5 bucks!

Comment

I'm really enjoying the game so far. Finding it pretty hard.

Comment

The reason I stopped playing RE4 was because I was a youngin', and I loved to run and gun. Now that I play this game, I've gotten used to it. It's a lot of fun popping technically-not-zombies in the face. Amazing detail in my opinion. Especially on the guns. In the cut-scenes, you can see the threading in the gun barrel. That's awesome. Hit me up if you guys want to play. Been trying to find somebody competent to play with. You know what's amazing? Every single person I've played with except two people DON'T have mic's. The console comes with a mic. Unless they ALL bought arcades. Anyhoo, if you don't have it already, my gamertag is "atmosphere o0o". That's an o, a zero, and another o.

Comment

my gamertag is "atmosphere o0o". That's an o, a zero, and another o.
                            Because TG-Delta was just too much? Pewpiepadoookie as well?
                            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                              Because TG-Delta was just too much? Pewpiepadoookie as well?
                              Entirely.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X