Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Fun flight sim if any of you like that kind of thing.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3173205
    Here's a review of it.
    I'll post my own views of it after I get out of class.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Demo suckd so i deleted it.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I enjoyed the SP campaign. It was nothing spectacular, but was engaging enough. A damn site better than the AC6 demo.

Comment

This game is more of an arcade than sim. The demo was ok, but the end product is enjoyable. AC6 is also fun. But, Ace Combat 6 is a better game. Imo.
        XBL= Teh Shrapnel
        Facebook= Teh Shrapnel
        Twitter= TehShrapnel
        Myspace= Teh SHrapnel

Comment

Personally, I couldn't make much out on the AC6 HUD. It was cluttered and the IFF system was almost useless. Everything you needed to see was visibly muted, everything that was superfluous was easily noticeable. That doesn't even mention the worthless sound effects. Everything felt muted like the weapons in Halo 2 and 3.

HAWX basically took AC6 and made it worth playing.

Comment

After what they did to the good old Raven Sheild games for the PC and jumped to the console i dont bother sapporting Tom Clancy games ........

Comment

I also think H.A.W.X. was more of an arcade game, but multiplayer is pretty good.

Ace Combat 6 is much better though, in my opinion. I must say though, I am biased because I'm good at Ace Combat 6.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by FLooDY View Post
                After what they did to the good old Raven Sheild games for the PC and jumped to the console i dont bother sapporting Tom Clancy games ........
                I avoided Tom Clancy games since the original Rainbow 6. I remember having a pretty damned decent 400Mhz PII with like 32MBs of RAM, running a VooDoo5 and that game only running at the lowest resolution (like 320x240), then my framerates dropping to nothing when a flash bang went off. This same PC would run the original Unreal Tournament on the high end.

Yea, it's a stupid reason to avoid a entire set of games, but that impression lasted a while. I also played the original GRAW for 360 and couldn't make out a damned thing. Enemies blended in with the background so much, I thought I was playing Quake.

I remember trying out the AC6 demo and forgetting about it immediately. The HAWX demo on the other hand was aces. I wasted a good number of hours on that. I don't understand the "arcade shooter" tag that people keep giving HAWX. There must be some "higher truth" with AC6 that I don't understand. During the demo, all I was doing was spamming the "LOLLERS SPECAIL MISCLES!" to kill like 6 planes at once. When those ran out, I was hurting just to make out an enemy that was close enough for my standard missiles.

Seriously, for a guy who only played the original Air Combat for PSX, AC6 really played like HAWX with more failure built into the game. Digging around I see a lot of people claiming AC6 is a "more serious game," but I don't see it. Unless "Serious" means "cluttered HUD, planes = little dots, and missile spam FTW."

Comment

i am having trouble with mission 11 or 12.. the one with keeping Airforce one safe. I don't have a problem till after the 1st check point. Crud.
                  XBL= Teh Shrapnel
                  Facebook= Teh Shrapnel
                  Twitter= TehShrapnel
                  Myspace= Teh SHrapnel

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed