Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin's Creed 2

Early thoughts? I'll update later.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Assassin's Creed 2

I just hope it isn't as repetitive as the first, and the contrived nature of some of the mechanics (looking mainly at the wandering groups of monks here) ruined the illusion of a fully realised world.

And hopefully they've done something about the combat so that that's a little more skill involved, oh and it'd be nice if you could actually assassinate your marks rather than doing your level best to sneak up on the guy only to end up in some ridiculous fight with 20 guards before very publically hacking your target down and then spending 15 minutes legging it before hiding in a hay bale.

To be a little more fair I really thought there were some excellent ideas in the first and for the most part the execution was pretty slick, particularly the acrobatic elements of dancing across rooftops.
    No sig to see here...

Comment

Game looks great - can't wait. As for the fighting skill? Um I've watched many people play AC and have to say none where as "skilled" as I was. When I played it was like watching a flawless movie. The Skill is in the animation timing. I dearly hope they don't change it. The hardest move/animation was offensive combos - for me it wasn't as fluid as strike and counter. Want a really tough fight. play with only using the hidden knife. Really hard and not as fluid but some nasty cut scenes. You know your the **** when it seems like the game is just a cutscene. Its not hard to do - maybe thats what you mean by skill - every type of guard has a tell, (later in the game those same tells are sometimes fake like a check swing). With using the tells and timing your offensive strikes you can make short work of 5 guards with a min of 3 cutscenes and 2 button stike kills. For instance you are surrounded. Take out the short sword (easiest and prob coolest kills). Pick a guard and attack with 3 hit combo. While performing each of the three hits watch the other guards. If they use their tell interupt your combo with the counter - cut scene - one down. Usually a second guard will immeadiatly attack you. Counter - cut scene - two down. Sometimes this is repeatable for each guard. So you could string four or five cut scenes. Then switch to throwing knife for that guard that just ran away. Oh and dont forget to switch to the hidden knife to stab any slow dying guards on the ground. :) Anyway I guess my point is the skill is making it look good. BUT yes you could button mash to victory.

Comment

They have a full article on everything for Assassin's Creed 2, in the newest edition of GI.

Gosh, do I want to play AC, now.

Comment

Yeah, Sniper. I was about to post it. Go to a bookstore and read it. I'm sure that you'll be pretty impressed. I agree with all the points you mentioned.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
          Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
          Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Can't wait!

|TG| Sproge "Tiger how did you flip that tank?!"
            |TG-SC| PM07SNV "We need another world war to base more games on..."
            |TG-AIR| DrBeat: "I just dropped my propane tank in the fire again"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X