Battlefield 1943 Xbox Live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1943 Xbox Live

If any TGers are playing this battlefied from Xbox arcade. Add me to your buddy list (XI 584). So far i have been playing it, and its been alot of fun.

Black Storm Cartel

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -George S. Patton

Re: Battlefield 1943 Xbox Live

FR sent.
    No sig to see here...

Comment

Something I noticed in 1943:

I have tried it and I think it is good, but it could use a better communication system. If they ever did an update or add on for bf1943, it would be nice if they had squad to squad communication. Dice or EA's website said that they might make add ons down the road for the game but as of now there will not be any, so there is hope.

Last night was interesting when I was playing bf1943. People that were supposedly higher ranked than me were total noobs. To be honest, they never learned the idea of using cover, staying out of sight, and the idea of not giving your position away until you are ready to make your move. The idea of crouching when you shoot your enemy is foreign to the players, let alone shooting at the body instead of the head.

I do not know what to attribute it to, but I noticed that within 20 to 30 minutes, I ranked up 5 times. I tended to look for cover and take advantage of my surroundings, while trying not to draw attention to myself. I ended up doing well. That being said, I do not know if I was doing very well because these players really were bad, if I was actually at a totally different skill level because of my experience in bf2142, or if it were some combination of the two.

I noticed that a common practice on Wake Island was to head to the Airfield without capturing the other flags. Actually, I found that the teams that do not capture at least one flag before reaching the Airfield, loses.

Well, overall I like the game. I cannot say that for the rest of you, but I think it is fun. I found that my favorite kit is the Rifleman kit. I think I will purchase it when I get the chance to buy some points and a new subscription.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'd really like to use some teamwork in this game. Add me XBL: XtheSaboteurX
        |TG| TheSaboteur

Comment

Yea, i like this game quite a lot. It does sadden me that there is little to no teamwork in most of the games i've been in. I would love to have a squad of TG'ers to play with. I've also found that people like running tanks straight into a fight, where its easy to just lob shells from a distance. I've gotten multiple infantry and armor kills this way.

GT- Mr Monkey Man29
          If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
          - Sun Tzu

Comment

I've been playing this as well. It is a very stripped down version of the BF series but it is still fun which says a lot about the success of the BF core gameplay model.

GT- Astr0Cat
            Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I think I got most of you guys on this post added. I'd love to get in on a TG squad, as I may be one of the noobs running around as described in BeSeige's post. LOL.

Black Storm Cartel

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -George S. Patton

Comment

my xbox tag ..... Prince Silver7

Comment

I've got this one too, have played it quite a bit already. Between this and BF Heroes (not very tactical, no, but fun as hell), I've got quite a bit of light-hearted Battlefield going on.
                  "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                  -- Red Forman

Comment

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1943 on an almost nightly basis and am always on the lookout for good teammates. My gaming hours are a bit sporadic these days, but I'm usually on Xbox LIVE after 10:00PM EST. If anyone is interested in getting a squad going, send me a friend request to let me know.

Gamertag: Pfeil22
                    Last edited by Pfeil22; 08-17-2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I'm not much of a 360 player, but this whole 'Party' business.. This allows you to chat right? Does this work in-game then? You can create squads based on the party I know.

Other than spawning off your squadlead, it doesn't allow much teamwork.

Favorite kit is sniper so far, as the explosives are fun to lay around.
                      BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Everyone is placed into general chat upon joining a game. If you join a squad, you are switched to its own private channel. An Xbox LIVE party will override either of the game's channels and allow you to chat directly with your friends at any time. You also have the option to switch between game and party chat, just in case someone outside your party is assigned to the squad.

As far as teamwork, it's not much different than any of the other "vanilla" Battlefield games. The respawn system is actually improved a bit with the ability to respawn on any squad mate, rather than just the squad leader. You can also issues a basic order for flags to keep everyone in the squad aware of objectives. Players receive points for teamwork orientated actions, like defending a flag or repairing a vehicle, much like the other titles. It reminds me a lot of Battlefield 2142 without any of the basic Tactical Gamer rules.

Comment

They should make a XBL version of Desert Combat. Granted it would have to be stripped down as well but it was a sweet mod.
                          sigpic

Comment

GT- WxGauge
                            "We the unwilling,
                            lead by the unknowing,
                            have done so much with so little for so long
                            we can now do anything with nothing."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server