Red Dead Redemption!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dead Redemption!

So... who's playing? Probably the best game I've played in a long while.

Oh, be careful of the spoilers. Speak in a round-about fashion about any plot points you want to share, so as to not spoil anything.

Re: Red Dead Redemption!

Just got it and played about an hour
    The script and voice acting is really good, feels like a full on film
    The introduction to horse riding and shooting (eg rabbits) is a nice start
    Judging by the first hour of gaming this is a great game, very polished

my xbox name is Prince Silver7

Comment

I'm about 15 or so hours in and I've only done about... maybe 10 main storyline missions? The rest of the hours have simply been tooling around the countryside, participating in the random events, hunting wildlife, leveling the ambient challenges (sharpshooter, huntsman, and so on).

If you like to cause chaos but don't necessarily want to go down the "bad guy" route (you can be seen as a hero or a road agent depending on which extreme of the honor bar you're at) you can purchase a bandana at Thieves' Landing. Put it on, wreak havoc, take it off, nobody knows it was Marston. I've played Blackjack a few times... the dealer in Thieves' Landing has extraordinary luck. I finally got mad enough that I walked outside, put on my bandana, walked back in and shot him in the face with both barrels of my shotgun. Cheatin' bastard!

Comment

I am going down the bad guy route haha, i will just kill everything and rob everyone ! ;)

Comment

this looks like it would be a great game.

Comment

I am going down the good guy route, always had a problem being the bad guy, too much Lone Ranger as a kid I expect. Although I did accidentally kill a mans wife that I went to find. There she was in her bloomers giving me sass, I go to help and she steals my horse. I catch up with her and then realise I am clueless as to what is required to complete the mission. At this point she is still giving me sass, I assume I have to slap her about or something (what does that say about me lol) and get her on the horse. After a couple of slaps I'm getting nowhere so I think "I'll shoot her in the foot, that should quieten her down". Long story short, she fell down a cliff. So if CSI Mexico get involved the case is basically a half naked woman at the base of a cliff with peri-mortem bruising and a gunshot wound to the right foot. Now, how often in a game do you have to explain your way out of a situation like that.

To echo the op, best game I have played in a long time, extremely polished, great nods to the cinema, much more my cup of tea than the GTA franchise and I enjoyed them. Wish it had come out on PC though, just dropped a bundle on a new rig and I am having more fun playing on my old 360 lol, cruel irony.

Comment

I'd have to agree with you guys, have to be up there with the best game I have ever played!

Everything from free-roam multiplayer to the story-mode, to gang-matches, and even me and my friends 'Donkey-wars' lol, that was fun: "El'Senor, NOOOOOO! you killed my donkey" Lol, good times.

All in all a good game, and a must buy imo.

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                I am going down the good guy route, always had a problem being the bad guy, too much Lone Ranger as a kid I expect. Although I did accidentally kill a mans wife that I went to find. There she was in her bloomers giving me sass, I go to help and she steals my horse. I catch up with her and then realise I am clueless as to what is required to complete the mission. At this point she is still giving me sass, I assume I have to slap her about or something (what does that say about me lol) and get her on the horse. After a couple of slaps I'm getting nowhere so I think "I'll shoot her in the foot, that should quieten her down". Long story short, she fell down a cliff. So if CSI Mexico get involved the case is basically a half naked woman at the base of a cliff with peri-mortem bruising and a gunshot wound to the right foot. Now, how often in a game do you have to explain your way out of a situation like that.

To echo the op, best game I have played in a long time, extremely polished, great nods to the cinema, much more my cup of tea than the GTA franchise and I enjoyed them. Wish it had come out on PC though, just dropped a bundle on a new rig and I am having more fun playing on my old 360 lol, cruel irony.
                Nah, I've had that happen. I think the woman is just a variation on the horse thief. Alternately you'll run into a guy asking for a ride "because he's desperate". He knocks you off your horse instead.

Rule of thumb, anyone out in the wilderness asking for a ride gets a round to the head from me. And I play a good guy.

Comment

I should be picking it up this evening. Everyone I run into says it's great.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

You won't be disappointed. It's truly a fantastic game with a large variety of Things To Do, as with all Rockstar Games.

Comment

Picked this up, spent hours just hunting creatures.....good fun. Maybe I should actually try to do a mission instead of destroying wild life, but it is so fun and profitable.
                      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Just completed this last, night, Just a tip, the ending is the ending till you get the credits :D check out a stranger in blackwater for the real ending!

Loved playing this game, but just found some of the main story line missions boring, they were all the same, go somewhere, 40 guys spawn you kill them etc.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I agree AA. I'm still working through the missions, but often times they are boring. Lots of side-game though :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X