need headphone recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need headphone recommendation

My son is looking for headphones for his 360...not the 1 ear crap but true headphones in the $50 range....any recommendations?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: need headphone recommendation

Are you looking for headphones, or a headset w mic? For headphones, I've always had a good experience with Sennheiser headphones. There are usually good deals on those on www.newegg.com, and I'm sure you could find a good pair for under $50 bucks. I've used Sennheiser earbuds and full noise canceling headphones and I think they're great. My wife has these and loves them.

I probably won't be able to help as much on the headset. I have used Plantronics USB headsets before and I think they're mostly junk. This Turtle Beach set comes up a lot when I search for 360 accessories, and it has good reviews on NewEgg.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

It all depends how much money you want to spend. Personally I recommend the Tritton's. I purchased the Tritton AX pro's a few years ago and they have been well worth the money. I also purchased the Tritton 720s for my son and he loves them. http://www.amazon.com/Tritton-Digita.../dp/B0017IUFAE

Comment

I recently just bought a pair of Turtle Beach X11's and I think they're pretty swell. I'll say this right now, I haven't ever tried any other pairs of headsets, but I'm really satisfied with these Turtle Beaches. You can hear footsteps pretty well when playing games like Call of Duty or Halo. Besides footsteps, you really feel like you're in the game, though I miss the shaking of my entire basement from the bass of my external speaker system. (Though, I can just leave the speakers on while wearing the headset and I'll still get that rumbling effect.)

I'd say my favorite part about them is the different volumes for Chat and Game. It's beyond helpful and nice! Plus, the attached microphone on the headset is reaaaally sensitive, so people can hear you well. The downside though, is that the mic also picks up everything in your house that's making a sound, too.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...force-x11.aspx

Oh yeah, you can hook them up to your PC, too and use them as a headset, too. I actually listen to music at lot with them; they're really "bassy" and loud.

EDIT:
        They cost around $60, though I've heard people get them lower than that at other places
        Last edited by SurfingSalmon; 08-23-2010, 11:48 PM. Reason: Forgot the price
        Cow level, there never was one.

Comment

I use a pair of Turtle Beach X1.

Best headset I've ever owned. Game volume and microphone volume are separate.r
          Skud

Comment

If it helps definitely Turtle Beaches. They are over the $50 limit, well at the local Best Buy atleast.
            XBL Gamertag: TG Fitted

Comment

I actually got a pair of Tritton AX180's and they are highly satisfying. Only bug i found is their is a slight buzz that is quiet but still noticeable when there is no input to the speakers.
              XBL Gamertag: TG Fitted

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingSalmon View Post
                I recently just bought a pair of Turtle Beach X11's and I think they're pretty swell. I'll say this right now, I haven't ever tried any other pairs of headsets, but I'm really satisfied with these Turtle Beaches. You can hear footsteps pretty well when playing games like Call of Duty or Halo. Besides footsteps, you really feel like you're in the game, though I miss the shaking of my entire basement from the bass of my external speaker system. (Though, I can just leave the speakers on while wearing the headset and I'll still get that rumbling effect.)

I'd say my favorite part about them is the different volumes for Chat and Game. It's beyond helpful and nice! Plus, the attached microphone on the headset is reaaaally sensitive, so people can hear you well. The downside though, is that the mic also picks up everything in your house that's making a sound, too.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...force-x11.aspx

Oh yeah, you can hook them up to your PC, too and use them as a headset, too. I actually listen to music at lot with them; they're really "bassy" and loud.

EDIT:
                They cost around $60, though I've heard people get them lower than that at other places
                I only use Turtle Beach, I own the x11 and the x71 (I think?). Wonderful headsets for both consoles and PC's. For $60 the x11 is fantastic. Here's a review I wrote on the x11 a while back http://lagwar.com/home/archives/11017
                www.LAGWAR.com
                The Best Video Game Podcasts in the Universe!

Comment

Sennheiser RS110 Over-Ear RS110 926 Mhz Wireless Rf Headphones might be the best choice for your son. Its very affordable and durable headphone. These Sennheiser entry-level headphones are an ideal choice for people who like to walk around the room while listening to their favorite tunes. The system features a 900 MHz wireless transmitter that broadcast a powerful signal throughout the room--and even through walls and ceilings. Should listeners wander upstairs or outside, they can still enjoy the headphones' warm sound and strong bass response provided they stay within range. The RS-110 headphones are also ideal for listening to late-night TV without waking up the rest of the house. And thanks to the lightweight, soft ear pads, the phones feel comfortable through hours of use. In addition, the phones include replaceable parts, so users don't have to buy new headphones each time a part wears out, along with a pair of AAA batteries. So don't get tied down by restrictive cables. With these Sennheiser headphones, users will enjoy a whole new world of wireless convenience.
                  Kind Regards,
                  Irene
                  ----------------------------------
                  Best Headphones

Comment

i was looking at headsets at walmart and the turtle beaches go for about 50.00, i was wondering if the trittons are better than the turtle beaches

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X