tippman 98 and gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tippman 98 and gear

Ive got a tippman 98 with a colapsable stock and a 14" barrel...the gun have only been used 2 times...cleaned and oiled both times...i bought it with some freinds and we all had intentions of playing alot but then school happened and we all went away...Im also selling the 2 20oz tanks that i used and 6 pods to carry balls.....

im asking $200 for it all...i think i have a mask also...ive got pics too...if interested leave me a PM or reply

thx
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: tippman 98 and gear

http://www.tippmann.com/markers/m98.asp

Man, I haven't played paintball in years... Last time was in Jacksonville, NC with some cheap rental guns.

Back in high school, I was on a sponsored tournament team, the California Young Guns. We beat Team Navarone (world champions) once on our own field...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Try posting on the Paintballnation forums, im sure youll get a better price...
      Oyee

Comment

i thought about that figured id give this a try first
        -Vulcan

Comment

OOOO paintball, great fun! I would but if I bring home another paintball gun my parents will throw me out, and I don't have the money, and I already got a tippmann98. But a tippmann 98 is the most durable and long lasting paintball gun yo will ever find. It is almost a fact now. Just thought I'd throw that out there is anyone was looking at buying this gun.
          When I get home people'll ask me, "Hey, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.

Comment

Almost bought an old Tippman Pro-Am Years ago. It was too long for indoor paintball though ut I still kind of wish I bought it.

As for the toughest gun out there I would still have to go with the VM-68. I have seen them go through some SERIOUS abuse without faltering.

Comment

You own those?? If you do, would you want to sell that Pump on the bottom?
              "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

No i do not own those. Just found the picture on the net.

BTW, they are all the same gun. The VM-68 just had a huge amount of aftermarket parts to it.

Comment

Ahh, paintball, my other life. Seriously, I am captain of a scenario paintball team. So if I may throw in my $.02 here.

#1. Cingular. Team Navarrone was good in their day. Bunch of A holes sometimes but really good. Where'd you play at? SC? I think I remember the CA YG.

#2. Although admirable posting the gun here first for fellow TG'ers you will get a better price elsewhere. I would suggest Ebay. Items tend to go for too much there. I would also suggest the the Tippmann Forums. Although they don't have a BST thread there. The A5 Owner's Group is also a good place.

#3 re: the VM-68's; Very tough and durable guns. Those pictured are all the same make and model but they are different guns. Notice the camo pattern. The bottom one is not a pump. That is actually an expansion chamber for the CO2. I miss mine :(.

Sorry about the thread revival. I just love paintball!
                  "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                  [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

yah i kind of have given up on this sell...ive looked at ebay and just cant get what i want for it...its a great gun and its worth more then my asking price...but if you know of ne one, pickle, that is looking for a great gun let me know...thx for the remarks
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle
                      #1. Cingular. Team Navarrone was good in their day. Bunch of A holes sometimes but really good. Where'd you play at? SC? I think I remember the CA YG.
                      Our home field was called Hawk Paintball Adventures (? I think? I honestly don't remember... I know the store that sponsored us was called Hawk and they ran our field, too.) in San Marcos, CA. For a while we were playing at Weekend Warriors way out in Alpine, CA and were sponsored by TaskForce Paint Pistol Combat.

If they still had pump tournaments, I might get into the sport again... Nah, probably not. I'm too old and slow now. And poor. I've got other hobbies to soak up my money now...
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Honestly the resale on paintball markers has taken a tremendous dive in the past year. Most markers thare more than 2 years old are only worth 25% - 40% of their worth, due to a variety of factors. One factor that hurts your Tippmann resale is the fact BT Paintball (Ben Tippmann) just released a Tippmann clone that is better and cheaper than current 98s.

Az - Paintball player
                        [age-c1][command]

Comment

yah i figured as much...if i could find some guys in the indianoplis area to play id get back into it...but there really isnt much out here so yah im stuck with a $200 gun and gear..i would even trade someone my gun for an xbox or thing of that nature...
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            If they still had pump tournaments, I might get into the sport again... Nah, probably not. I'm too old and slow now. And poor. I've got other hobbies to soak up my money now...
                            Well if you ever want to reconsider....I know of several pump tournaments and other big games and get togethers that are pump only events. All old school (if not in mind and body but also in spirit) players who are good people that play with honor. Remind you of TG?
                            "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                            [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle
                              Well if you ever want to reconsider....I know of several pump tournaments and other big games and get togethers that are pump only events. All old school (if not in mind and body but also in spirit) players who are good people that play with honor. Remind you of TG?
                              Does Bushmaster still make markers?
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X