Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$240 - Huawei Ascend Mate 2 (Smartphone)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $240 - Huawei Ascend Mate 2 (Smartphone)

I'm selling my old Huawei Ascend Mate 2. I only just recently updated the phone to Android Lollipop (5.1 on July 1st). The biggest improvement is the camera's low-light performance. It went from being poor to decent. Some history on the phone. I originally purchased this in August 2014 which replaced my Moto G (1st gen). Of the various phones I've managed to play with/use (borrowing friends' usually), I was pleasantly surprised by the LTE signal reception: excellent on T-Mobile. After Huawei's whole fiasco over not releasing KitKat and then announcing Lollipop by mid-2015, I was about done waiting. I ended up getting a Nexus 6 in January 2015 and haven't really gone to this. I kept it in the Trident case while lightly using it as a business phone. My intention was to sell the phone after getting the Lollipop update. So I applied the Lollipop update on July 1st. It's very nice, and 5.1, AND the camera performance is low-light is at least decent now. I'm considering ditching my Nexus 6 in favor of a mid-range right now as well. So I spent another two weeks debating if I wanted a new mid-range phone or keep this one. I still haven't decided. Instead I'm going to sell this one to help pay for a new phone (along with my Moto G 2nd gen).

This phone has no blemishes, scratches, dents, or other problems. I treat all of my electronics with care. Almost everything I own is in mint condition (barring wear from excessive use). In the case of phones, always near mint condition. If you want to learn more about the phone, here are some reviews: Anandtech, Engadget, Android Central.

Asking Price: $240.00 (USD) - PM me for my PayPal address.

What is Included:

1. Original packaging
    2. The phone (with about 85% battery charge left)
    3. The original USB charger
    4. Original USB cable
    5. Owner's manuals
    6. Nillkin Case (slim, black) - ($10 on Amazon)
    7. Trident Cyclops (full-body, built-in screen protector, black) - ($25 on Amazon)

I also have a eBay listing up for this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/261966199071?

However, if any of you are interested, I am willing to part with the entire package for the above asking price AND I will ship it to you for free. I only accept PayPal. PM me if you are interested. Post below if you have any other questions.

Note: If you are a supporting member, I'm willing to go down to $220 with free shipping.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: $240 - Huawei Ascend Mate 2 (Smartphone)

Oh man I thought you were selling the new Huawei Nexus. It looks so cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
      Oh man I thought you were selling the new Huawei Nexus. It looks so cool.
      Nah. If I had a engineering sample of the early Huawei Nexus I: a) would never part with it, b) could not part with it due to NDA and possible personal lawsuit, and c) even if I were to part with it and could part with it, I'd sell it for no less than $800.

As for my old Ascend Mate 2, I never got any decent hits, so I kept lowering the price. Ended up getting a buyer a week later for $175 + $25 in shipping (it was overseas). So it's gone and sold now. I might be selling a couple of other phones in my collection in the near future.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yea I notice its nearly impossible to sell second hand phones now.

I too had an old Xperia Z and Z1 and couldn't get anywhere near a good price for either. It's probably due to the cheap contracts out there where you pay nothing for the phone and get a 1 year plan for like 50 euros where you get more mins or data you could ever use. So people just do that and the phone becomes theirs after the 1st year.

Basically, smartphones devalue now faster than cars or pc parts to the point where theres no value in selling. might as well keep them for backup.

Comment

I could have kept it as a backup, but it was already low-end on the midrange a year ago. If I need a backup, there are cheaper and much better alternatives coming out. Specs aren't great and they devalue too quickly as you said.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X