No announcement yet.

Free: Mushkin Gift - Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Phantoms $30 Squad Starter Pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free: Mushkin Gift - Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Phantoms $30 Squad Starter Pack

Anyone play Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms?

I just ordered a Mushkin SSD from NewEgg, and this "$30 value" gift card will be coming with it. I think it gets you some upgraded guns or something, not sure, and couldn't find much info on it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16800011001

Anyway, free to good home. I should be receiving it in a few days along with my new SSD.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Free: Mushkin Gift - Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Phantoms $30 Squad Starter Pack

I looked it up. It's basically another free-to-play "freemium" GR game from Ubisoft. Think it's the starter weapons and equipment pack.

Which Mushkin drive did you get?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Re: Free: Mushkin Gift - Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Phantoms $30 Squad Starter Pack

Yeah, I was afraid it might be some nonsense like that. Well, if there is any interest, I will give it to whoever likes the Tom Clancy stuff, I'm sure there is someone around here. Amirite?

I ordered this Mushkin ECO2 60GB SSD to put into an older ThinkPad T60. I dropped her a couple weeks ago, and after swapping HDDs I realized all the hardware seems fine (she boots) but I'm afraid the old spinner ist kaput. I've been wanting to put an SSD in there anyway, I always worry about spinners in a laptop who's primary use is vehicle mounted going down the road over bumps, etc. Plus I expect a little performance increase of course.

That series of Mushkin drive seems to have pretty good reviews, especially as compared to it's main competitor (Kingston v300) which was apparently another low price favorite, before they pulled some sort of swaperoo on what kind of flash memory they were using, and didn't bother to tell anyone nor update their specs. As you can imagine, that went over really well. lol

But yeah, the 60GB was only $36.99 + 1.99 shipping, the 120GB is $49.99 + 0.99 shipping. They also have 240GB and 480GB options. Performance might not be EVO PRO level, but is supposed to be pretty good. In my use case, putting it into an older T60 which can only do SATA-I anyway (or SATA-II with a BIOS upgrade) I would not see those top end speeds anyhow. So, in other words, for my use, perfect (and inexpensive!)! :)

In reading comments, some system builders are starting to use them for low end builds, or for replacing granny's HDD, at less cost than an EVO or PRO in cases where it isn't worth it to the customer to pay the price premium for the small additional speed increase. So, just another tool in your toolbox, if you weren't already aware of these drives. I know you are a bit of an SSD aficionado. lol And, if you were already aware, then I just typed a bunch of stuff for nothing. lol Or maybe someone else can get some use out of it.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I used to play the game. It was enjoyable, but quickly turned into a pay-to-win game. If nobody grabs that code, I might. It could be pretty fun with that boost.

Comment

Those Muskin drives I believe are still using Sandforce chips (prob SF2281). They should be same performance as a previous generation Kingston HyperX 3K SSD (meaning, very good performer). My dad's rig too. You should be pretty happy with it, even if it is limited to a SATA II port.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yes Acreo, I do believe I read something to that effect about previous generation Sandforce chips during my research. And yeah, I'm pretty excited to see the tech advancing to the point where I can get what I expect to be a pretty dang good SSD at that price point.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X